Pets!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree30Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 05:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have seen a few of you ladies refer to your four-legged children, so I know I'm not the only one who wants to share her furry child with the world.

Tell us a little bit about your pets-name, age, etc. EllyM's picture of her beautiful horse Rookie inspired this post.

We have a four year old black lab named Sirius. He's a rescue dog, and the best dog in the world. Seriously. He's amazing. He is very sweet and kind, but also a good guard dog. He's also great with kids, cats, and other dogs. I love cats, but we can't have them because they trigger my asthma.

Elly M. likes this.
October 2nd, 2012, 05:19 AM
Veteran
We have a goldendoodle and 2 cats. I will have to log on with the comp to post pictures.
MrsNHigh likes this.
October 2nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have 2 cats - Fletcher is 5, and Gracie is 6 months. We also have a betta fish named Charlie who is 3 years old!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
October 2nd, 2012, 06:30 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have Athena our cat. She is sooo good with the girls. We got her off craigslist from someone that was moving. We really couldn't have gotten a better cat.

rcross81, EverydayJoy and Elly M. like this.

October 2nd, 2012, 06:37 AM
McKendon's Avatar Veteran
We have 2 cats and 2 dogs...a 12 year old black lab and a 3 month old border collie.
October 2nd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
Oh Lord. Lol we have the cats, two dogs and fish. We have one indoor cat, Peewee, who is just a huge, lazy orange tabby. We have two outdoor cats, Fatty and Iggy. They are much happier since we started letting then outside, but not Peewee. He is too lazy. Our two dogs are mostly indoors as well. We have a black mouth curr named Heidi and a blue steel great dane puppy named Remi.
October 2nd, 2012, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleysmomma View Post
Oh Lord. Lol we have the cats, two dogs and fish. We have one indoor cat, Peewee, who is just a huge, lazy orange tabby. We have two outdoor cats, Fatty and Iggy. They are much happier since we started letting then outside, but not Peewee. He is too lazy. Our two dogs are mostly indoors as well. We have a black mouth curr named Heidi and a blue steel great dane puppy named Remi.
I will never complain about taking my one dog out again. Goodness gracious, you have your hands full! That is wonderful, though.
October 2nd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll have to wait until I'm at home to post pics of our furbabies, but we have a 2yo wheaten terrier named Appa who was in a grooming competition this past week. BIG big experience for him since he's a fearful/reactive dog.

We also have 2 cats... Jynx is about 11, and Eithne is about 14/15. Both are "indoor" kitties, though Eithne has a penchant for escaping when we let Appa out into the backyard.
WTTC #2
October 2nd, 2012, 08:47 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As most of you have figured out, I am a huge animal lover We have 2 dogs, an English Bulldog named Diesel, a Boxer named Brittany, 1 cat named Munchkin (all are indoor). We have 3 horses, Rookie, she is 5, Teca, my retired show horse, she is 13, and Trigger, he is my cow sorting horse, he is 15. We also have 5 chickens, 1 leopard Gecko (my sons), and 6 fish. They keep me busy, but I love them an wouldn't have them any other way

Diesel
[IMG][/IMG]

Brittany
[IMG][/IMG]

Munchkin
[IMG][/IMG]

Teca
[IMG][/IMG]
Trigger
[IMG][/IMG]
Rookie
[IMG][/IMG]

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

Last edited by Elly M.; October 2nd, 2012 at 08:54 AM. Reason: image didn't come up
October 2nd, 2012, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww, great pictures! Yeah, I think you like animals just a little bit. Great looking fuzzy family members (minus the Gecko and fish, hehe)!

We had a fish but it died after 1 day....so we are going to do some more research and educate ourselves before getting another.
EverydayJoy and Elly M. like this.
October 2nd, 2012, 08:57 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sirius is such a handsome boy! All of my animals are rescues also, except for Diesel I am sure Sirius is going to be protective of his future little brother or sister
mamamac likes this.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

October 2nd, 2012, 09:11 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love looking at these pictures! I don't have any pics available right now but I have a 9 year old Boston Terrier. He is the sweetness, best dog anyone could ask for! We also have 5 turtles. Our future plan is to build a turtle pond in our front yard but for now they are currently in 3 big aquariums that are such a pain to clean! I have an excuse for the next 7 months that gets me out of that though
Elly M. and mamamac like this.
October 2nd, 2012, 09:23 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a 2 year old brown goldendoodle named Bennie. I was considering getting another one, but the idea of spending $2000 on a dog, though doable, seems ridiculous to me right now. I'm allergic to dogs, so going to the pound and rescuing a dog is not an option. We will stick with Bennie Bear for now, and probably go out and donate some money to people who need it to survive.
EverydayJoy and mamamac like this.
October 2nd, 2012, 02:37 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamac View Post
Awww, great pictures! Yeah, I think you like animals just a little bit. Great looking fuzzy family members (minus the Gecko and fish, hehe)!

We had a fish but it died after 1 day....so we are going to do some more research and educate ourselves before getting another.
Mind if I ask what kind of fish you got? It might not have been your fault, sometimes ones at the pet store can be sickly and you not know it.

We have a black lab, Abby, and a tabby cat, Snickers. Snickers is sooo good with DS, DS can pull on his whiskers or smack him and he never hisses or bites or claws. He just looks perturbed and maybe runs away. But he's very lovey and a people-cat. Abby is a good girl but has a lot of pent-up energy due to us living in an apartment and me not being able to handle her and DS on a walk at the same time. And since I can't leave DS at home to walk her...it's hard. But she is now going over the road with hubby in his truck so she's getting some excitement.

Elly M. likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 2nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a cat named Snooki who is 2 years old. We will be getting a dog next spring/summer (once baby is here) and we have a 5 year plan for horses. But we have to build from the ground up as our 50 acre property is not fenced, and didn't come with any out buildings.
Elly M. likes this.

October 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
We have 2 cats and 4 chickens. I want to get a puppy, but right now I am not sure I want another dependent!! Maybe in a few years when the kids are older.
I read in a medical journal that kids with pets are 75% less likely to be allergic to animals, so that is good news. So far my kids (ages 2 & 3) have not shown any allergies. My husband has them, but not to our cats, just to new animals and only for a day or so then he seems to acclimate to the animal.
Have to read all the other posts to see what others out there think about allergies, and pet experiences in general.
October 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
I have a boxer named Baron, and he's a mama's boy. This morning when I was extra barfy feeling, he kept me company in the bathroom with his head on my back as I was sick. I love him. I think he's gonna be up with me more than DH for the night time feedings when baby comes! lol If I knew how to upload pics on here, I'd totally post some!
EverydayJoy and Elly M. like this.

October 2nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNHigh View Post
I have a 2 year old brown goldendoodle named Bennie. I was considering getting another one, but the idea of spending $2000 on a dog, though doable, seems ridiculous to me right now. I'm allergic to dogs, so going to the pound and rescuing a dog is not an option. We will stick with Bennie Bear for now, and probably go out and donate some money to people who need it to survive.
Too bad you don't live here there was a 5 month old goldendoodle up for adoption recently. He was so cute. Goldendoodles are the best.
MrsNHigh likes this.
October 2nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
Super Mommy
I love the pictures! Elly- Diesel is precious!!

We also have an English Bulldog named Oliver. He is almost 7 years old. He is awesome and very patient with our 2 year old. We also have an indoor cat named Madison, she is about 10 years old. I don't have a picture of the cat on my computer, but here is Oliver.
Elly M. and mamamac like this.
October 2nd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a cat that we totally adore named KayCee who is 8 years old and we just lost our 2 older cats, PC (15) and Sam (17) shortly after our move in May. We also have 3 robo hamsters which are sort of like normal hamsters - on drugs!
We also had a pair of jackson chameleons that were so awesome, but they are really difficult to keep and one was bitten by a cricket and got an infection and the other got a toe stuck in the mesh of its cage and ripped the toenail off while disengaging itself from the mesh and then also got an infection that we couldn't stave off. I might muster up the courage to try again with the chameleons, but I don't want to kill anymore

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search