When to start booking services?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLisaT

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know it will be different for different people in different areas, but I'm wondering if/when you willl be booking services such as a Doula, or Newborn Photography session? These specifically are 2 things that are important to me, and I want to make sure I get who I want for both.... That said before I'm even out of the 1st trimester seems very premature to be making phone calls!

What is your plan of attack?

October 2nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ooooh, good idea! I think I'll wait until around 20 weeks for a photographer, but I think it'd be wise to look into a doula sooner...but I've never had one, so I'm not sure how that works.
October 2nd, 2012, 03:21 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I want a doula, I already have one lined up...my DH's cousin. I'm just not sure I want her in particular.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 2nd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Veteran
One of my friends in a L&D nurse and she said she will be my doula. I am looking into photographers now because they usually get booked up really fast.
October 2nd, 2012, 07:18 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly it's never too early to book in my opinion, especially photographers. The good ones book up quickly. You actually just reminded me to email the person I want to book my maternity pics with, and I'll probably book newborn pics the same time. Hopefully this week, if I remember with this dang brain forgetting everything lately. I've never used a doula but again I would at call and get who you want lined up. If nothing else you can have a meet and greet now to make sure you are compatible and then not see her again until later in pregnancy if you wanted. I'm an extreme preplanner though. I hate leaving anything until the last minute.
October 3rd, 2012, 06:11 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was looking at local newborn photographers and the one I liked the best is already booked up from now until February! So, I think that starting to look into photographers wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm thinking I will wait at least until my first trimester is over to book anyone though, just to be safe.
mamamac likes this.
October 3rd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's too early to book your NB photo session but not too early to start looking at people's work and figure out their pricing and who you'd like to go with. I also don't think it's too early to start interviewing Doulas at all. You want to make sure you're not rushed and are able to establish that relationship early on IMO.

October 3rd, 2012, 09:32 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to get a birth photographer but since they are about $800 I won't know if we can afford it until February :-/

October 3rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
HopefullyaLawMommy's Avatar Veteran
Like some of the other women said, photographer can book up fast, especially the good ones. I am getting the same photographer who photographed my wedding as well as my sister's wedding. As soon as I got confirmation from the Dr., I emailed him to set up maternity shots and to let him know I wanted him to do newborn shots for me as well.
October 3rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Holy cow! $800?!?! I guess it can be pretty time-consuming.

I think I'll just make sure DH has his fancy camera to take pictures. If we could swing hiring a photographer, I totally would.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search