O/T Please keep Jack in your thoughts

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2012, 09:17 AM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrie_ View Post
I almost lost it when they took him back. It was a simple procedure, just tubes in his ears... but I still couldn't help getting emotional.

Once I was able to pick him up and rock him when he was coming out of the anesthesia, he calmed down and just laid on me. I was able to spoon feed him a popsicle, and the tylenol suppository they had given him in surgery kicked in. He napped for a few hours when we got home since we were up so early to go in to the hospital. So we both laid back down and slept til noon. He's his old self now, not complaining about his ears or anything.

I'm glad he got them in though... he had so many ear infections no matter what I did. And when he went into the ENT before the decision was made for surgery, he failed his hearing test. There was so much fluid in his ears that he was nearly deaf in one ear. So it's caused his speech to not be very good. I am hoping this fixes that. The surgeon even commented today on how much fluid he had to drain. So I think this will really improve how he feels
My oldest son had to have tubes as well, and it was such a stressful morning for me! I felt so helpless! But he did great and I did okay! lol

Jaiden had lots of fluid behind his ears too and his tympanogram (where the measure the sound waves bouncing off his ear drums) came back completely flat, when they should have been wavy. He'd had ear infections since he was 3 months old, and since he got the tubes around 15m, he hasn't had another.

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search