Doc pulled me from work...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Whiterozse
  • 1 Post By TGill

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I've been sick and not holding down fluid and foods for 3-4 days and left work early because I couldn't hang. I went straight to urgent care and got some IV fludis and the doc asked me to stay home for the rest of the week. I told him as much as I'd love that and it would help me so much, I'm a teacher and just can't do that to the kids.

So he gave me a note for the rest of the week and a note for today and told me to just at least take 1 day, try and rest (because of that disoriented blurred vision episode) and try and get food and fluids in.

I'm so jealous of all you ladies who aren't sick. I'm teaching and leaving the room to be sick in the trashcan in the bathroom ( i refuse to yak in public restrooms) and when I get sick I can't control my bladder.... I try to empty it right before but that doesn't help completely..... I keep having to cancel plans and let people down. I was sick like this with my first and don't know if I'll do it again for a 3rd

Again sorry I don't get much time to be on here. I'm working full time and going to school (8 units). I have a lot of HW and a 2 yr old!

Last edited by Skimboardin Mama; October 3rd, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
October 3rd, 2012, 04:48 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! Hope you feel better soon!

October 3rd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry, try to take it easy. I know how it feels not being able to keep anything down. It just SUCKS! Im just focusing on having a happy healthy baby. I hope you feel better soon, keep us updated.
October 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Lordy I can't imagine what you are going through. Especially with everything you have going on. I'm so sorry pregnancy makes you so sick and I hope it gets better soon. Get as much rest as you can. Hugs!

October 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG that is EXACTLY how i was with my son it was terrible though i know once your admitted to the hospital and you get the IV it feels so much better.

I wish that i lived closer so i could help with your daughter or something i can't imagine how hard it is to watch a 2 year old and be that sick
October 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm a teacher too, and I can't imagine having to take so much time off. Hope you feel better soon.
October 3rd, 2012, 05:31 PM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
I'm a teacher too and am having the same problem, with the sickness, and finding time to just sit or use the bathroom during the day. It's exhausting. I think you need to focus on taking care of yourself and your baby. The kids will be fine. I know we all worry about having a sub in our rooms, but if the doc is giving you the time, then take it. Take care of yourself. Deep breaths...it won't be like this for forever. :hugs:
MrsNHigh likes this.

October 3rd, 2012, 05:42 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm so sorry. I hope you are able to take advantage of some rest this week. A sub can handle your kids while you recuperate. I was a 5th grade teacher for 7 years before I had my son, so I sympathize. I never liked getting a sub. But when I got bad, I had to just accept it and take care of myself.
October 3rd, 2012, 05:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyeanotherday View Post
OMG that is EXACTLY how i was with my son it was terrible though i know once your admitted to the hospital and you get the IV it feels so much better.

I wish that i lived closer so i could help with your daughter or something i can't imagine how hard it is to watch a 2 year old and be that sick
It is tough. I have a great husband though! He cooks, cleans, and is the best dad ever. He's been slacking on the cleaning department because his school is pretty demanding this quarter but I cleaned today to help us catch up. My mom lives 2 miles away and I see her maybe once a month.... She's in her 40s, works full time, and is always out with her husband (married 3 yrs now) and friends on the weekend. In the evenings she hits the gym, but I wish she'd at least offer to spend time with DD at least once a week for a few hours so DH or I, or both could get some things done. She's aways doing things for everyone else and kinda overlooks my brother and I because we're pretty self sufficient. We've told her this too.... she thinks we over exaggerate when we tell her we never see her or she treats her new family way better than she ever treated us... but that's another story kids!

now you all have got me thinking I should have taken at least 1 more day. I have some kids that i've been promising to make silly putty with all week. I gotta do this for them. Maybe i'll take a day next week if I need another IV... I asked the docs to leave in my hand pic because I know i'll be going back

October 3rd, 2012, 07:27 PM
TGill's Avatar Expecting #2
Talk to your dr about getting you a Zofran pump. You sound like you could benefit from it a lot!
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Tricia - due May 2, 2013
October 3rd, 2012, 08:11 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. I agree you should ask about a Zofran pump. I hope you can find something that will let you function. Take this day and relax and recover.
October 4th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Veteran
I absolutely feel your pain. I am also a teacher and really struggling to work! Last week I was forced to take off two days as there was no ways I could even leave the bathroom and felt so guilty doing it. Turns out I had to go to hospital for two days for fluids and meds so was lucky I did take some days off but its not easy. We are on holiday from school this week so have been so happy staying at home every day but dreading going back next week.... dont know how im going to cope again. Really hoping there are only a few more weeks of this and I can actually really start enjoying being pregnant! Good luck I will be thinking about you.
October 4th, 2012, 05:02 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I am really sorry you are so sick. I'm am still sick to and trying to function like a normal person day to day is so hard. I have gotten to the point where I don't answer my phone anymore because I hate when people ask me how I feel and then are insensitive when I tell them that I am terrible. I guess you learn who your real friends are in times like this. Second trimester couldn't come fast enough. This baby makes number 3. I think I am done and closing down the factory after this one...lol. I don't think I could possibly go through this again. Hope you feel better soon!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
October 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom is a teacher, and we were talking about how challenging it'd be to be a teacher and have nausea and vomiting. I have so much respect for you ladies! I hope your coworkers/principal is understanding, but more importantly, I hope you feel better soon!! Thoughts and prayers!

October 4th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you feel better fast
October 4th, 2012, 12:37 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
Oh my! I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well at all . It sounds like you have a full plate on your hands, and I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd totally understand if you're not able to get on here and post everyday. Do what you need to do, and I hope you get to feeling better soon. We'll be here whenever you're ready . *HUGE HUGGLES*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search