Starting to realize that I was the only one

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By rcross81
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 2 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By mamamac
  • 2 Post By Tree_Love

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Doing anything around the house. Since I've been pregnant, my desire/motivation to do housework is nonexistent, and my house is an absolute mess. It makes me kind of mad because my husband and I both work outside the home, but I was the only one cleaning the bathrooms and the floors and the kitchen and doing laundry.. Now, I do what I can when I can, and he does what he feels like whenever.
Nichole
October 6th, 2012, 05:13 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to be the only one doing everything and it ticked me off so much, but DH never saw the big deal. Then he was laid off and out of work for 7 months. It didn't take him long to realize just how much I did around here and even though he's back at work he still helps out. He mostly does the kitchen and I'm all for it. I hate cleaning the kitchen. Definitely a quality I like about him.
October 6th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You are not alone! I think that is pretty common...same here...but when he does decide to clean up, and u leave a dish in the sink without rinsing, boy will everyone hear about it! Uughh! *end rant*
MrsNHigh likes this.
October 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is part of the reason why we got a cleaning lady. I got tired of fighting all weekend to get the house clean. You are not alone in this irritation.
MrsNHigh likes this.
October 6th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcross81 View Post
You are not alone! I think that is pretty common...same here...but when he does decide to clean up, and u leave a dish in the sink without rinsing, boy will everyone hear about it! Uughh! *end rant*
The one day a month he suddenly feels the motivation to get a few things done around the house, then Lord help you better be in cleaning mode too or it's suddenly you who is sitting around doing nothing I mean...really?!?!? We had that very rare moment today in this household. Can you tell? He did 1 load of laundry (but didn't fold it) and fixed a lamp cord. You'd think he just built the whole house

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
rcross81 and mamamac like this.

October 7th, 2012, 05:15 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
On the same boat with you. Housework seems impossible at this point.mway too much energy.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
October 7th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Regular
I feel you. I have ZERO motivation to do anything anymore... I hate that part of the first trimester. Here is to hoping you find a happy medium.
October 8th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are struggling with this. Would talking with him about it help at all? I know with some guys it does, and other guys...it goes in one ear and out the other.

Hoping he starts picking up some slack!! After all, you are GROWING A HUMAN. That's a pretty good reason for him to help out around the house a bit more.
Tree_Love likes this.
October 8th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha mamamac, that is my excuse for everything when pregnant. "Gawd, I'm just BUILDING A HUMAN over here... You could take out the trash!"
knightsgirl and MrsNHigh like this.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 8th, 2012, 11:51 AM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty much the only one who does anything in the house, and there are four other adults that COULD do things, but don't. So, it's not just DH and my boys I clean up after ... it's 3 other adults, too. Let's just say I HATE the dishes. lol

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

October 8th, 2012, 02:24 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswife View Post
This is part of the reason why we got a cleaning lady. I got tired of fighting all weekend to get the house clean. You are not alone in this irritation.
I'm considering getting one! it would make things so much easier!

Nichole
October 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
No motivation over here! I do the cleaning and when I feel sick or tired my husband just leaves the mess. Oh boy, but when he does clean, it like I should give him a metal because he cleaned the kitchen! I don't think he has mopped or swept the floor ever! Men.......lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search