Thrift Store Score! =D

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By knightsgirl
  • 1 Post By Redneck_Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2012, 11:59 AM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I finally made it out to the thrift store around the corner from where we live. I went to find a pair of cheap jeans I could convert using that blog that someone posted last week on how to make your own maternity jeans.

Sadly, I was disappointed by their selection of plus size jeans ... I found one pair in a size that would fit me. I tried them on AND .... you'd think I was going digging for clams. LOL They were way too short.

BUT ... my search did not end in vain. I found their maternity section (which they moved on me from my last visit! Grrr! lol), and to my surprise, it was pretty well stocked with a lot of pants! I found two maternity jeans in my size and took them in to try on with some shirts.

Low and behold, I bought the two pairs of jeans and a super cute maternity shirt ... all for $2.95!!! Woooooot!!! =D

One of the pairs of jeans likes to slide down my butt tho ... hopefully (and I can't believe I'm saying this) my butt and hips will get a little bigger to accommodate. LOL I'll still be on the lookout for a good pair of regular jeans to convert ... but for now I'm satisfied.

And, to top it all off, I'll be going to pick up some maternity shirts today that a lady was giving away on Freecycle. Hooray for cheap and free clothes!!

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

October 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Veteran
YAY!

Thanks Jaidynsmum!

October 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Awesome! I love a good deal!
October 8th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Veteran
Yay!!!! I scored on Wed. I plan on going this Wed. Every Wed the gave 50% off.
October 8th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great! I too have been thinking about that post with the jeans. I want to try! I had a dream that I took my girls to Aeropostale and they had a HUGE maternity section with clothes that actually fit me! Aeropostale doesn't have clothes that fit me, ever. It was wonderful! Lol
knightsgirl likes this.
October 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very cool!!!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 8th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Veteran
Nice score! I'm hoping to get out with a friend later this week to do some thrift store shopping
October 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Lucky!! I wish I cold sew so I could convert some... I was busting out of my work pants today! =0 ( The little clasp kept undoing itself

October 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
woohoo! i love a good deal and maternity clothes are soooo expensive brand new

October 8th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I think I am going thrift store shopping tomorrow! My pants are getting tight, so I should start looking!
October 8th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome!

October 8th, 2012, 11:01 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
That's awesome! I can't believe I spent a freakin' fortune on maternity clothes this past weekend after unearthing my old maternity wardrobe and having a hormonal breakdown once I realized most were damaged in storage or no longer fit =/. I definitely wish I walked away with the types of steals you did! Way to go, momma! ;P

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search