Kind of freaking out

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lroos1
  • 1 Post By Erin80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't worry not about my actual pregnancy but just having a 3rd child. Not that i would change a thing but i'm wondering if we planned this right...i know there is never a good time to plan a pregnancy but i'm just worried thinking about everything. First my hubby is taking a pay cut at his job to be an apprentice. Eventually he will make more than he is or will now but it's going to be tight for a while, especially when he goes back to school next year. Second we don't have room for a 3rd in our car...and can't affored anything bigger. Third...things are going to be really tight with money again having a new baby...i knew that already but i guess now it's just really sinking in. Four...i am kind of worried what some family will say...i think most will be happy and others will be like ***? Not that it should matter what others say but i want people to be happy. Five...i'm worried about my boys. My oldest has expressed that he doesn't want any other siblings and his brother is fine....the other night he was mad at his brother and said i should have borned one kid I feel like he's gonna hate me. I have all these emotions yet non are positive. I was excited at first about being pregnant now i'm just not.
Sorry just a little vent or what ever...if you read this thanks for reading.

October 8th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Hi, I was just reading your post and I felt bad for you. Dont worry, Life has a funny way of things working out. I myself have 3 kids. I went from having 1 child to having 3 overnight! I got pregnant with twins, twin boy's they are now 4 years old and wonderful. Your going to be a busy mommy, thats for sure, 3 kids keep you busy. Trust me. However, dont worry about financials, it will all work out...we were and still are in the same boat and hubby doesnt have a full time job, we are now going into winter and he wont have much work at all. I cant work so we have to make due... if it gets bad...there is help out there. Things will work out, relax and enjoy your pregnancy, you have a new little life coming and its so exciting! You have every right to be happy about it and enjoy your pregnancy! Take care, Tara.
MrsNHigh likes this.
October 8th, 2012, 08:01 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's completely normal to have some hesitance and nerves about the big changes coming up in our lives. It's a huge responsibility to be a parent and I would be worried if each of us wasn't worried about it at some point in our pregnancy. I spent most of my pregnancy with DD thinking OMG, what have I done when I would think about all the upcoming changes. I think it sometimes too with this baby. Hang in there and know that you aren't alone.
October 8th, 2012, 08:10 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Funny, but I was freaking out a little too today. I think it's normal. I'm just trying to relax and take it day by day. You're not alone.
October 8th, 2012, 08:11 PM
I feel the same way about having a 3rd child. My car won't fit 3 car seats in the back either. I worry about everything too. This is my first child with my husband, so that part is exciting. My 6 year old twins are excited about the baby, but I am going to make sure they don't feel left out! That is my biggest fear. I think once I start feeling the baby move I will be head over heels excited. My advice is don't worry about the money issue right now. If you can, save before the baby comes. Everything ends up working out you'll see!
October 8th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no advice but I wanted to tell you that your son will not hate you and offer hugs!!!!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 8th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Thanks ladies...i'm so glad i'm not the only one with these feelings!

October 9th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I'm apprehensive too but things will work out. hope you cheer up soon

October 9th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Freaking out over a life changing experience? Normal. Things will work themselves out, even if it's hard for awhile. Don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help.

And don't listen to your kids, they'll adjust
October 9th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am also freaking out about having number 3. I will have 4, 3 and a newborn. I just keep reminding myself how different everyone will be come may. I hope it works out well for both of us.
October 9th, 2012, 06:00 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Im freaking a bit myself. This too will be my 3rd. My oldest is 12 and younger one is 7. My 7 year old is a complete mommas boy and I know he is not going to want to share me. My 12 year old seemed less than thrilled when we told them about number 3. I live in a 3 bedroom house so that means someone has to share a room. My 12 year doesnt want to share his room and I kind of dont blame him but we told him that if it is a girl he may have to share it with his 7 year old brother. If they were closer in age I could see them being ok sharing a room but not really at this stage? My SIL tells me that my oldest should have his own room no matter what...idk what to do? Talk about finances, I am laid off and going back to school graduating in May. Things are def. going to be tight around here. I just want everyone to be happy.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
October 9th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm nervous about having a third as well, but I've always wanted 3....so we had to go for it! We need to buy a bigger car as well. I worry about them all being sick at the same time, how I'm going to handle that....lol. Or when they're all running around the house being crazy, how I'm going to keep my sanity!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
October 9th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcperez View Post
Im freaking a bit myself. This too will be my 3rd. My oldest is 12 and younger one is 7. My 7 year old is a complete mommas boy and I know he is not going to want to share me. My 12 year old seemed less than thrilled when we told them about number 3. I live in a 3 bedroom house so that means someone has to share a room. My 12 year doesnt want to share his room and I kind of dont blame him but we told him that if it is a girl he may have to share it with his 7 year old brother. If they were closer in age I could see them being ok sharing a room but not really at this stage? My SIL tells me that my oldest should have his own room no matter what...idk what to do? Talk about finances, I am laid off and going back to school graduating in May. Things are def. going to be tight around here. I just want everyone to be happy.
That's a toughy but i agree with your sister, your 12 year old should have his own room...he's going to b changing a lot and will need his own space and privacy. You could always have the baby bunk with you... that's what we did for 2 years with our youngest and probably will do again with this baby.

October 9th, 2012, 10:06 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling the same way. I'm almost in shock of the fact that I'm going to have three kids. We also need to buy a bigger vehicle and possibly a bigger house so it's a big worry here too. But I just keep reminding myself that I have to just get prospective, take charge and figure things out rather than worry. It'll all work out in the end.

October 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcperez View Post
I agree with your sister and Ryan&Alex's Mom, the older boy needs his space. And I think it's a great idea to keep the infant close by in your room for awhile. That should help the other children feel more positive and adjust to life with a baby around, since they won't feel that they're making a grave personal sacrifice (hey, they're children ) for something they had no say in.
October 9th, 2012, 10:39 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear ya! We are actually quite "ready" and I'm still freaking out. We have the 4th bedroom, the minivan, the pay raise... but still the thought freaks me out, probably because we have been out of the baby stage awhile and going back freaks me out.

My oldest didn't want another sibling either but she came around, just give him time

on the own room thing. Both my girls share and will share for awhile. My husband and I both grew up in big families so we shared rooms our whole life, so it can work

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search