Morning Sickness is Here!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
So remember my post about should I be concerned that I do not have any morning sickness.... Well it is here with vengeance!
I haven't been able to keep down anything but soup for two days and even with keeping it down I keep dry heaving(sorry tmi). I have tried preggie drops and crackers in bed but no luck with either really helping.
Any advice so I can try to avoid Zofran? It makes me feel so out of it and sleepy...
October 9th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like ginger ale when I'm feeling sick, but I know it doesn't work for everyone.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 9th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have recently started drinking watered down V8 Splash. I dont know why it helps but it does. I also have been putting ice on the back of my neck. I hope you feel better soon.
October 9th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks ladies! I know I need to keep something more substantial down bc I was very dizzy when I woke up this morning. Crackers have been the only thing I can munch on.
October 9th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont get ms too bad but i've noticed that usually the only time i do is when i go too long without eating. So i try to make sure that I eat as soon as possible when i get up in the morning and then small snacks/crackers until lunch...small lunch then crackers/snacks before dinner....this usually works for me.
October 9th, 2012, 11:59 AM
hangaroo81's Avatar Veteran
Sea-Bands have really helped me as well as eating small & frequent meals.
October 9th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
as far as i'm concerned, ginger ale is made of miracles and rainbows. good luck, hope it passes soon.
October 9th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Regular
I do not have any advice.. but bless your heart. The first week I began my prenatal pills I was sooo nauseous. Come to find out it was the pills I had picked out. After a week of unstoppable nausea, I finally got new ones and it has been so much better. Baby #1 nor this one have made me throw up... YET! Thinking about you. I know everyone recommends Ginger.
October 9th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I will definitely have to give ginger ale a try. I have been trying to eat but even scrolling through fb and seeing pictures of food starts me gagging...

Just had a break in nausea so I am trying to eat some yogurt, hopefully it will stay down.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangaroo81 View Post
Sea-Bands have really helped me as well as eating small & frequent meals.
Where can I find sea bands?
October 9th, 2012, 01:09 PM
hangaroo81's Avatar Veteran
You can find sea-bands at CVS for about $10. They are wrist bands that place acupressure on your wrists. They don't work for everyone but is definitely worth a try Just ask the pharmacy where they are located in the store. They were found tucked away at the very bottom of an aisle at my CVS.
October 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Thank you! I will look for those.

I called my midwife and they are calling me in phenergan and it is a category C drug. Should I refuse it?
October 9th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're past the thalidomide days, but I'd try other methods before taking any meds (the bottom line is that it's generally safe, but used as a last resort). Like ginger ale I didn't even try it until about week 8 (I endured nausea for a month) and couldn't believe I hadn't realized it sooner.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search