Clothes not fitting anymore.... already?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dyeanotherday
  • 1 Post By misty3281
  • 1 Post By HopefullyaLawMommy
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
WHAT?
I'm not even 9 weeks yet and today my jeans went from fitting like normal to being so tight and uncomfortable, I went straight to the car after dinner out to unbutton them! I'm sure it's mostly bloat, but is this it? do i need to buy some bigger pants now? I was kind of hoping I'd have good month or two yet without needing stretchy pants!

October 14th, 2012, 08:41 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my bloating has been off and on since the beginning. One day my jeans fit perfectly, the next my sweatpants are feeling snug. I think at this point, it's probably mostly bloating but it wouldn't hurt to either buy a pair of maternity jeans or buy a pair the next size bigger for those bloaty days so you are comfortable.
October 14th, 2012, 09:00 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you take a rubber band loop it through the loop then use the rubber band to button it then you wear a shirt long enough to cover much much more comfortable and you will prob go back and forth between being able to button your pants and not being able to for a little while it is all normal
Liztastic likes this.
October 15th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have one pair of pants I've sworn off, but otherwise I've been ok in my normal jeans. Fortunately I have many pairs of jeans which are a size or two too big for me (and that were expensive so I was always hesitant to get rid of them), so I think I'll be set for a little while.

Especially if it's your first pregnancy, you're probably just experiencing natural fluctuations due to bloating. I'm sure you'll still have time before you have to make any serious switch... and definitely try the rubber band trick.
October 15th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Veteran
I experience the up and down with clothes fitting and not fitting. I just refuse to buy maternity yet lol

October 15th, 2012, 04:59 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been wearing maternity pants a few weeks now and they are pretty darned comfortable! Better than trying to squeeze into my other jeans. I do have one pair of jeans, one capris, and one skirt that I can fit in mainly because I just never threw them out when I lost all the weight, so I wear those too. But really, if I'm going to be in maternity clothes eventually anyway I see no reason not to be comfortable now!
Liztastic likes this.
October 15th, 2012, 05:34 AM
SarahAngela's Avatar Veteran
Ive been having the same problem, i think im gonna gonna get a comfy pair of pants.

October 15th, 2012, 06:43 AM
HopefullyaLawMommy's Avatar Veteran
OMG! Me too! I had to get maternity clothes yesterday, granted I was on the bigger side before getting pregnant. I am only 7 weeks pregnant. My sister and my mom were both surprised that I had a little bump and showing already!

These maternity pants are soo much more comfortable. I am glad to know I am not the only one who is outgrowing their clothes already.
October 15th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been in maternity jeans for about 3wks now...I love these things, never wanna go back to reg jeans again!! lol
October 15th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Veteran
I sit all day at work and I refuse to be uncomfortable. I am not going to wear pants that dig in. I am pretty overweight, too, so that isn't helping my situation. I have been feeling bloated all along. I switched to stretchy pants on like week #5.
October 15th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been able to find a pair of maternity jeans in my size and length yet, but one of my pairs of jeans was big before I got pregnant and they just barely fit now. With my other pair I use the rubber band trick and also wear a belt, and that works.

I'm not working right now, so most days I'm in my yoga pants...I should probably wear real clothes more often so the neighbors don't think I'm a total bum.

I also wear leggings and dresses that are comfy.
October 15th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
I had to get a couple mat. jeans because I've just been gaining weight in general and it didn't make any sense to buy new regular jeans right now because I don't know what size I'll be once I have the bebe.

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
October 15th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Ashley Schroeder's Avatar #1 Due in May
I'm 10 weeks and I've been super bloated for the past 3 weeks. I already have a few pairs of maternity jeans and, to be honest, I love them. They are very comfortable and they look just like regular jeans to anyone around you. I've also been wearing leggings & dresses which have been comfortable. I'm putting my regular jeans in the back of my closet until after the baby is born.
October 15th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamac View Post
I haven't been able to find a pair of maternity jeans in my size and length yet, but one of my pairs of jeans was big before I got pregnant and they just barely fit now. With my other pair I use the rubber band trick and also wear a belt, and that works.

I'm not working right now, so most days I'm in my yoga pants...I should probably wear real clothes more often so the neighbors don't think I'm a total bum.

I also wear leggings and dresses that are comfy.

Have you tried Motherhood Maternity. I am short and heavier. I was able to find plus sized petite jeans there yesterday!
October 15th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefullyaLawMommy View Post
Have you tried Motherhood Maternity. I am short and heavier. I was able to find plus sized petite jeans there yesterday!
Unfortunately, I have tried! I have a 34-35" inseam and I'm a size 18/20ish, so finding plus size tall maternity clothing is proving to be a challenge. Thanks for the suggestion, though! I'm really happy you were able to find some that fit!

I found a pair this morning on jcpenny's website that might work, but my size/length combo isn't available. Darn! I'll keep checking.

(BTW-I'm a paralegal and I was debating on whether or not to go to law school when I found out I was pregnant...that's on hold for the time being. I'm so proud of you!!)
October 15th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Unfortunately, I have tried! I have a 34-35" inseam and I'm a size 18/20ish, so finding plus size tall maternity clothing is proving to be a challenge. Thanks for the suggestion, though! I'm really happy you were able to find some that fit!

I found a pair this morning on jcpenny's website that might work, but my size/length combo isn't available. Darn! I'll keep checking.

(BTW-I'm a paralegal and I was debating on whether or not to go to law school when I found out I was pregnant...that's on hold for the time being. I'm so proud of you!!)
Well if you ever want to talk about it, feel free to private message me! I was a paralegal for five years before law school.

Good Luck finding maternity pants!!
mamamac likes this.
October 15th, 2012, 11:45 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:

I get it! I had a super-hard time finding maternity clothes that fit in my first pregnancy. I am tall (34.5" inseam) and was big with my first son (size 16-18). I found some on Old Navy online that we're great, so maybe try there (not sure if they still sell them, it was a few years ago). I found that pants that had that "roll waist" we're great for rolling under the belly. I got some from motherhood maternity in 2XLong that were fabulous!

But to the OP...I start maternity as soon as I can get away with it! So much more comfortable and I love the jeans better than my everyday ones! Lol. It's pretty normal to have bloating early on. I have a little bump happening that is probably from just having kids close in age, but it is needing some stretchy pants and I am about the same amount along as you are.
mamamac likes this.
October 15th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went out this weekend and bought a few pairs of yoga pants and hoodies. I have the same issue with my jeans, some days they fit fine and I need a belt, and other days I do the rubber band trick.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

October 15th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so there. It hurt to wear my jeans last night!!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 15th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I bought my first pair this morning! I had a meeting today and needed to dress up and had no pants that would fit me. I thought it would be stupid to buy regular dress pants since I am 10 weeks. I forgot how comfortable they are!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search