The "dreaded" weight thing...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 07:21 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
So...most preggo women would prefer to just not talk about it (totally cool if you opt out). But...it's inevitable! Weight gain and body changes happen! Lol.

Do you have a goal in mind for weight gain this pregnancy?

Do you think it is realistic?

Have you gained/lost so far?

How were previous pregnancies (of applicable)?

How do you feel about weight gain in general? Are you scared, unconcerned, happy to put some pounds on?
October 15th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Because I'm already overweight to begin with, my weight gain shouldn't be more than 20 pounds...ideally, closer to 10-15. I'm not sure if that's realistic, but I'm going to *try* and stay within that range because it's healthier for baby! I initially lost weight from m/s, but I'm slowly gaining it back...could be water weight, too, because I'm drinking a lot.

I'm excited to grow a belly, but am nervous of how I'll handle the "you're so big!" comments because I was/am self conscious about my weight before getting pregnant.

Overall, I'm really excited about the pregnancy, and not too worried about weight. I just need to keep an eye on it.

Great topic! How do you feel about these issues, ashj?
HopefullyaLawMommy likes this.
October 15th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
No bigger then 170lbs

Extremely realistic!

I've gained about 7lbs so far, I'm up to 143lbs, which was my delivering weight with my first DD - so the 170 is really more then realistic!

3 previous, but I'm heavier now and pre-pregnancy then I have ever been

How do you feel about weight gain in general? Are you scared, unconcerned, happy to put some pounds on?
Putting on weight doesn't bother me. I've always been one of those incredibly skinny people who always get the "eat something" comments, which was so irritating because I do eat, a lot - there are just a lot of digestive issues that run in my family. The "eat something" comments are just rude!! However, just this year I was able to gain a good amount of weight for the first time ever - my stomach issues aren't as bad as they used to be plus I think part of it is my age and metabolism changing. I just want to look healthy, that's my goal

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
October 15th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have PCOS, so weight gain = easy, weight loss = ridiculous. Because of this, I sport the "5 month preggy look" and have since early 20s. VERY self conscious about my weight.

But because of it, I shouldn't gain more than 15 pounds which I know will be hard, but I've been maintaining/slowly losing weight for the last couple years, so as long as I continue to eat healthy, I SHOULD be fine. Hopefully

I haven't gained anything yet, so we're doing okay!
WTTC #2
October 15th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy

Yea, since I'm already overweight I should only gain about 10-15lbs during pg.

Not really, but I know I need to try harder to stick with this! I'm thinking 20-30lb weight gain is more realistic, but we'll see.

I've gained about 5lbs so far

Oh man, I was tiny back when I got pg w/ DS and I gained about 50lbs!! Its sad, because even at 9mos pg I still weighed less than now by about 20lbs...

Being that I'm already overweight, its definitely a concern. I really need to try to eat better and get more excersize in! This has been a motivating post actually, think I'll be having a salad or sammich for lunch!!
October 15th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a goal in mind for weight gain this pregnancy? 35lbs max hopefully

Do you think it is realistic? Maybe....

Have you gained/lost so far? Gained 2 lbs, which is good for me because in the first trimester the other two times, I gained 10-12lbs! This time my nausea was WAY worse though.

How were previous pregnancies (of applicable)? 40 something pounds

How do you feel about weight gain in general? Are you scared, unconcerned, happy to put some pounds on? - I could care less, lol. It falls off after each pregnancy anyway, and after it's off, I just eat properly to maintain my weight.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
October 15th, 2012, 08:53 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a goal in mind for weight gain this pregnancy? I'd like to stay under a 25 pound gain or under 140

Do you think it is realistic? probably

Have you gained/lost so far? -5

How were previous pregnancies (of applicable)? I only gained 20-25 with both of them.

How do you feel about weight gain in general? Are you scared, unconcerned, happy to put some pounds on? I'm a little scared because I way about 15 pounds more than I did the last 2 pregnancies, not that it's horrible, but even a 5 pound difference does a lot for me.

October 15th, 2012, 09:23 AM
SarahAngela's Avatar Veteran

About 30-40 pounds Max!

Yes, im already underweight for a normal BMI so even if i gain 40 pounds ill only weight 155 pounds.

i have gained 2 pounds. (its really bounces from day to day, depending on water weight)

I was way overweight with my last one. I dont want to repeat that.

I am happy to gain some weight, everyone around me makes weight a major issue. I hate it, it makes me second guess myself.

October 15th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Precious0013
Do you have a goal in mind for weight gain this pregnancy? I would like to gain no. Oe than 25.

Do you think it is realistic? It should be realistic. I'm overweight to start with so I shouldn't be gaining all that much.

Have you gained/lost so far? I've lost about 9 pounds so far

How were previous pregnancies (of applicable)? With my son I gained 40 and with my daughter I gained 20. And I'm starting this one just a couple pounds heavier than I did my first and about 10 pounds less than my second.

How do you feel about weight gain in general? Are you scared, unconcerned, happy to put some pounds on? I'm kinda scared. I had just lost a good amount of weight prior to beginning the surrogacy process, but meds and not being allowed to work out I gained some back already. So I'm kinda scared I'm gonna balloon up, but so at so good. I am def finding it harder to be motivated to stay in the gym when pregnant and the weather being cooler. Hopefully I can stay active and it'll help keep from putting on too much.

THANK YOU .h00dihoo.this. for an AWESOME siggy
October 15th, 2012, 10:20 AM
TGill's Avatar Expecting #2
Do you have a goal in mind for weight gain this pregnancy? I really don't have a goal. I just don't want to gain more than I did with DS

Do you think it is realistic? Sure do!

Have you gained/lost so far? I've gained 4lbs

How were previous pregnancies (of applicable)? I gained 55lbs with DS

How do you feel about weight gain in general? Are you scared, unconcerned, happy to put some pounds on? It doesn't scare me at all. I'm happy to put it on.

Tricia - due May 2, 2013
October 15th, 2012, 10:29 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Do you have a goal in mind for weight gain this pregnancy? I am cool with 30-35ish. I would like to keep it in that range.

Do you think it is realistic? I hope so! Lol. I know it is healthiest to remain that area, but I am wondering if it will be harder to reign in the weight this time around.

Have you gained/lost so far? The problem: I have already gained a solid 5lbs...8 if you count that I suddenly dropped 3lbs right before I got preggo (had a nasty cold).

How were previous pregnancies (of applicable)? With Liam I was obese when I started and did not gain anything in pregnancy. Thankfully, I lost 55lbs after I had him. I started Kierans pregnancy 2-3lbs overweight for my height and gained 29lbs. I lost 35lbs after him. This pregnancy I am starting at a healthy weight...and hoping I don't go overboard with gaining weight!

How do you feel about weight gain in general? Are you scared, unconcerned, happy to put some pounds on? I don't really get too uptight about it. It doesn't bother me. And you would never know how much I actually weigh because of my height. So no one comments on my size. But I have a sinking suspicion that this might be my hardest preggo weight gain/loss. I have been lucky in the past!
mamamac likes this.
October 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
30-35 lbs

Yup

4 lbs

How were previous pregnancies (of applicable)? n/a

I'm not thrilled about the prospect of weighing 170-175 but I also know how easy it is for me to be thin (and if my mom is any indication) so getting back down should be fine. I'm mostly really curious what I'll look like!
October 15th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have a goal in mind for weight gain this pregnancy? No really. Maybe 25 lbs?

Do you think it is realistic? Yes.

Have you gained/lost so far? I was down a little at my last appointment, 3 or 4 pounds since my first.

How were previous pregnancies (if applicable)? Lost early, held pretty steady, gained fast- pretty close to how each trimester worked out. Losing lots of water weight, I walked out of the hospital slightly below my pre-pregnancy weight (but definitely not in the same shape).

How do you feel about weight gain in general? Are you scared, unconcerned, happy to put some pounds on? Closest to unconcerned about the actual weight, more concerned about a healthy diet and activity level. I know gaining too much isn't great for me and the baby, though.

October 15th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Veteran
As little as possible. I am overweight and I am starting out heavier this time than I was when I got PG with my son.

I think so. I think I can keep weight gain to a minimum this time. I am still eating my veggies and I am keeping up with regular exercise. (I think I should be losing just from all the beer I am no longer drinking!!)

IDK. I have decided not to weigh myself. I will just go by what the Dr. weighs me at and I have only had one weigh in so far.

I started at 210 (but I had JUST lost a good 20 lbs so the first few pounds came back quickly). I think I gained about 45.

I really don't care except for that the weight gain is not good for the baby especially where I am already over weight. I want to do what is healthy for the baby - but as far as how I look... I am still a work in progress. I am proud of my body and the things it has accomplished. If I have too much chub, I will not be ashamed of it.
mamamac likes this.
October 15th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Honestly, I hope to gain nothing. I am about 40-45lbs overweight and was on a losing roll when we conceived. I hope to keep up the fat loss just through our healthy eating (which is what I was doing before).

Totally. I might gain 5-10, but I have so much bulk, I think not gaining anything is do-able.

I've gained 5lbs, but mainly because I haven't been eating healthy and caving to cravings...

I weighed more than I do now when I got pregnant with DS and put on a ridiculous 52lbs, a LOT of it was water weight. I lost 30 in the first 2 weeks pp.

I am scared to put on the weight and be miserable like I was with DS... I know a lot of people will think I'm nuts for not wanting to gain any weight, but seriously, I'm 5'3 (almost!) and weigh 193lbs. I HAVE the weight to spare. When we do our "diet" it just us cutting out bad foods and eating good, real food. I eat as much as I want and never limit my calories. I eat until I'm full. So if I can do that and gain bump while losing fat, then I'm sure going to try.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 15th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've gained anywhere from 18 lbs-37lbs. Ironically, my 18 lb gain was with my 9 lb 14 oz DS and my 37 lb gain was with my 6lb 12 oz DS .

I don't worry to much about it. We eat really healthy food, so we don't keep a lot of junk food around. I weight 135 lbs right now and for baby number 10 I'm good with that

October 15th, 2012, 01:32 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have a goal in mind for weight gain this pregnancy? no i only gained 25 lbs with my son and when i had him i weighed less then i did before i got pregnant so i want to try to gain more this time . . . i have a high metabolism and i have a hard time gaining weight.

Have you gained/lost so far? i gained 3 lbs then lost 4 so i weigh one pound less then i did before i got pregnant which is 135

How were previous pregnancies (of applicable)? I just think i should have eaten more cause DS sucked the fat off me i went in a size 4 and came out a size 0 then two years later i only made it back to a 2 got to keep from wasting away

How do you feel about weight gain in general? Are you scared, unconcerned, happy to put some pounds on? i dunno i think it will go better this time cause last time i was pretty sick the whole time so hopefully i will come out better after
October 15th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My weight gain goal is 30lbs (pregnant with twins)

I dont think it is realistic since with my DS i gained 17lbs while on steroids and growth supplements. My DD i only gained 7lbs and she was 7.1

I so far have lost 10lbs but im hoping to gain it back.

Im ok with some weight gain since it will be better for the babies.
October 15th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Kristin828's Avatar Veteran
Do you have a goal in mind for weight gain this pregnancy? Doc told me I should gain 25 more lbs from where I am now so hopefully I'll stick to that

Do you think it is realistic? Let's hope!

Have you gained/lost so far? Started at 126, am up to 133 already.. Yikes

How were previous pregnancies (of applicable)? Ftm

How do you feel about weight gain in general? Are you scared, unconcerned, happy to put some pounds on? I don't think many of us like gaining weight, but I'm not too worried! I guess we'll see how I feel in a few months? haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search