Needing some prayers and sticky dust

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Peytonsmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Peytonsmommy
I went for my first ultrasound on Friday and it isn't looking to great.
I should have been a little over 7 weeks but the tech couldn't really see anything. She was in a rush for whatever reason and tried abdominal first but couldn't even see my uterus so made me go to the washroom and then did a transvaginal. During the transvaginal which was only about 3 minutes long she constantly complained of how full my bladder still was and that it was making things difficult. She also mentioned that she was having trouble seeing my uterus. After the 3 minute ultrasound she told me to wait in the waiting room. So I sat there waiting and was then told I had to go wait in the urgent care to see a dr. I went there and was told that I had to wait for the radiologist to get there and it would be 30 minutes.
Longest 30 minutes EVER. So I finally got in to see the dr who told me that they think I have a blighted ovum and if I didn't start bleeding by Monday to go to the hospital to get a d&c.

No freaking way am I going to get a d&c on a "we think" after a 3 minute ultrasound with a tech that complained about having a difficult time because of my bladder and uterus.
So now I am waiting a few days and going back to the urgent care(my dr is on holidays) and demanding a second transvaginal ultrasound and for bloodwork to be done.
I hope they are wrong and everything is ok, I feel very pregnant and do not feel like anything is wrong. I cannot trust what they said after only one early ultrasound.

Please send me some sticky dust, I might need it.

October 15th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im sending lots of sticky dust your way!
October 15th, 2012, 04:37 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Sending lots of good thoughts! We have seen a couple of these in this room....both of whom are carrying healthy babies as confirmed by later ultrasounds! I would be demanding a second one too! Hope all is well
October 15th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She couldn't find your dang uterus, I wouldn't trust her on not being able to find the baby!

What an awful experience. I'm sorry, hope you get better news soon.
TeresaV and lovingmyfamily8 like this.

October 15th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Veteran
Praying for you
October 15th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOTS od sticky dust!!! Definitely get another check! I can't believe the nerve of some people...

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 15th, 2012, 04:58 PM
May 2013 Cohost
You definitely are not scheduling a D&C until you get another ultrasound. My goodness!

Sending prayers your way.
October 15th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
Sticky dust and prayers your way!

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
October 15th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Regular
Lots of prayers being said for you and your little bean <3
October 15th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a horrible experience!! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I'm glad you are demanding another ultrasound. It sounds like the tech was either inexperienced, didn't give a crap, or both. But this is not something to mess around with.

Prayers for you and baby.

October 15th, 2012, 05:32 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that sounds horrible! I would be looking for a new doctor, especially since they told you to get a d&c based on the little info that they had. That is horrible! Sending prayers and sticky dust your way. I honestly would take what that doctor said with a grain of salt.
October 15th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Kristin828's Avatar Veteran
Oh no WAY!!! That is NOT ok. I am a big believer in going with your gut and if you feel pregnant then that is better than any rushed u/s. it really stinks to think about it, but the medical field is a business just like any other, and to so many (definitely not all, but many) it is a job just like any other job. I feel like sometimes they forget that a life is literally on the line and just want to get their job done in the quickest possible way.

I'll never forget the story of one of our mama's on here (where you at skimboardin mamma!) that went IN for a d&c and they found a heartbeat. She now has the most beautiful little girl

You're definitely in my thoughts and prayers and please KUP. Lots of dust your way

October 15th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
How awful!!! So much sticky dust and positivity your way!!

October 15th, 2012, 05:47 PM
McKendon's Avatar Veteran
I'm sorry you had such a bad time. Sending sticky vibes your way!!
October 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lots of sticky dust coming your way!

October 15th, 2012, 06:17 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
heck no techno!!! 7 weeks is still way early to say for sure that something may not be right, especially when she couldn't even find your uterus! Oh my gosh, I'd be furious. Hang in there! Stick with your gut! It's amazing that tech even has this job......
LifesGood likes this.

October 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She sounds like a quack! I wouldn't trust her even a little bit. The uterus is easy to find even when not pregnant. I am sorry they were so rude to you! I think you should find another provider and get another scan in a week.

October 15th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's terrible, I can't believe how horrible some of these medical people are! Sending tons of prayers your way that everything is fine!!!
October 15th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Super Mommy
Wow, that is horrible! I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I would definitely demand another ultrasound. I don't know how someone can be so insensitive. She needs to be fired. Sending lots of prayers and sticky dust your way.
October 15th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Veteran
Omg that is so ridiculous. u will not bleed....everything will be ok. prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search