Question about due date buddies

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JandJC
  • 1 Post By KnJ'sMomma727

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand that a due date buddy is someone due on the same day you are. My question is, what do you do with that? How does a due date buddy differ from everyone else in the DDC? I didn't make it very far in my last DDC so I am still learning. Thanks for your help!
October 16th, 2012, 05:58 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Actually I think in DDC's a due date buddy is not supposed to be due on the same day, but a few weeks apart. The point is that when you go into labor they can post on your behalf and you can update them via text or email if you are comfortable with that. Its also my first time making it far into a DDC, but that is the vibe i get.
mom2three2012 likes this.

October 16th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandJC View Post
Actually I think in DDC's a due date buddy is not supposed to be due on the same day, but a few weeks apart. The point is that when you go into labor they can post on your behalf and you can update them via text or email if you are comfortable with that. Its also my first time making it far into a DDC, but that is the vibe i get.
Ok, I'm obviously confused! Lol. There's no big surprise! I just want to get everything straight so I don't miss out on something... Thanks!
October 16th, 2012, 06:22 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandJC View Post

Yep this is how our last DDC was like. Although you can only do the best you can do because sometimes so and so goes late and so and so goes early. I think me and my DD buddy were a 10days to 2 weeks apart but we ended up being 4 days apart. I didn't end up using her to get my information across because my hospital had wifi. So I'll probably just pass on the DD buddy this time around. It's been great for other girls though.

I think the hosts start putting buddies together around 7 months to make sure everyone sticks around here for awhile.

October 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your due date buddy is someone that Is usually not due the same day and their job is to keep in close contact with you so they can update when you're in labor and such on your behalf. My last due date buddy and I exchanged phone numbers and I texted her updates through my entire labor and her the same and we sent pictures of the baby at the end. And she posted on JM and FB for me so everyone could be informed. It was really nice. I got to come home to a JM full of congrats!
JandJC likes this.

October 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the info! I didn't fully understand it, either.
October 16th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Veteran
Glad this was posted, I was confused too. Thanks everyone!!

October 16th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In my last DDC, we got DDB's a lot earlier than 7 months, it was like a pen pal relationship. Like it was the opportunity to get close to another mama who was similar in age/# of children/ttc and whatnot. I *think.* I joined late so I got tossed in with an already established pair, but we got along great even though I was a FTM and they each already had 2.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

October 16th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Expecting a boy in May!
I think it would be great to establish Due Date Buddies sooner rather than later so we can start to form that connection. Sounds fun!
October 16th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Ok, I'm catching on to this whole thing... Slowly but surely. Lol. I didn't even own a computer when my last was born 13 years ago, so JM is very new to me. It's fun tho! I'm glad I'm not the only one that has questions... And I'm certainly going to ask when I have one. So thanks to all who have replied!
October 16th, 2012, 04:32 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my due date club off another website we got due date buddies pretty early and it was like the pen pal thing and we also did a virtual baby shower like prob a month after we found out the gender and we did a lot of people who were having girls paired with people have boys and we sent each other gifts the idea was like you get to shop for a girl if your having a boy and if your having a girl you can shop for a boy i forget exactly when we did that but we did some other stuff to

we had a lot of games though like around this time we started how many toilet paper squares around are you and we would measure every week and i don't remember all of it but we would have pools before peoples ultrasounds like they would do a poll before to see if the most people thought that person was having a girl or a boy and different things like that
October 16th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't sign up for a due date buddy with my last DDC. Sorry, ladies, but the last thing I am interested in during labor is texting and vicarious looky-loos, as several friends and relatives learned last time. I can understand some people wanting and enjoying it, though. It just felt like a distraction to me.

It is exciting to get blow-by-blows here, but I totally understand anyone who just wants to post as soon as she feels up to it afterward. It does lead to funny speculation, though. "So and so hasn't posted in three days! Do you have a baby?!"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search