DIY Moby Wrap

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to try out the Moby wrap, but don't want to spend $50. I came across this tutorial, and if you use jersey fabric there is no sewing required!

Makin’ it: no-sew Moby wrap baby carrier
November 4th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is awesome. I didnt ever use my Moby and ended up selling it. But for this cheap id be willing to try it again. I figure ill have to baby wear a lot more with this one while running after DS.

November 4th, 2012, 08:06 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
If I had to do it over, I would have made my Moby wrap. All it is is a long piece of jersey knit fabric. We did receive ours as a gift, but I think it's definitely overpriced for what it is. I used mine a lot with DS, and I know I will use it again with this one.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
November 4th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was going to make mine when I wa pregnant with Peter, but found that buying one was actually cheaper than the fabric to make one....

November 4th, 2012, 09:29 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made my own with Alexis but I couldn't find the right fabric.... I may give it another try. Otherwise I'll be searching Craigslist for one.

November 4th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargatemommy View Post
I was going to make mine when I wa pregnant with Peter, but found that buying one was actually cheaper than the fabric to make one....
Normally knit/jersey fabric is about $10-$15/yard...so you have to get it on sale, with a coupon...or on clearance. Otherwise, you're right...it'd be cheaper just to buy a new one!

Used ones on craigslist go for about $20-$30 in my area but my mom found some knit fabrics at Joann's for about $1.50/yard (on clearance).
November 4th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Even discounted, you still need 5-6 yards! If you are going to buy it, go with the sleepy wrap it is 7,000x better. It is stretchier, so you don't have to tie it just right. You tie it so it is fitted on you, then you stretch it open and slide baby in!

You still need 5-6 yards though! If you do end up buying one, I suggest the Boba wrap (previously know as the sleepy wrap) it is 7,000 times better than the moby. The moby has to be tied just right to allow room for the baby. The Boba wrap is more stretchy, so you tie it so is fitted against you and then stretch it out and slide baby in. It is wonderful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search