Speaking of peeing in a cup...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree38Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Veteran
Does anyone else have a hard time already??? The specimen cups are so small, I feel like I may as well be peeing into a test tube. Then I end up with pee all over the cup, all over my hand... And I remember being PG with my son it got worse as I got bigger, b/c then I couldn't see and I just had to hope I didn't pee all over my hand and miss the cup completely.
rcross81, Liztastic and mamamac like this.
December 17th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
lmbo uuuuh yea, glad im not the only one....ACKWAAARRRDDDDD!!
December 17th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Veteran
I feel bad for the nurse that has to pick up the cup after I peed all over it. I mean... I wipe it off... but geez.
Liztastic likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
I guess we'll see how it goes Wednesday when I have my next OB appt!
scraver2003 likes this.

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
December 17th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraver2003 View Post
I feel bad for the nurse that has to pick up the cup after I peed all over it. I mean... I wipe it off... but geez.
Yea...would love to have that job...not!
December 17th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
Ouch, that sucks!!!

Ours have larger openings, so it's easier, and the nurse gives ME the test strips and chart to compare it to, so I get to pee, dip the strip, empty the cup and chuck it, compare, and then chuck the strip and let her know the results
rcross81, mamamac and TeeCee like this.
NTNP #2
December 17th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphera View Post
Ouch, that sucks!!!

Ours have larger openings, so it's easier, and the nurse gives ME the test strips and chart to compare it to, so I get to pee, dip the strip, empty the cup and chuck it, compare, and then chuck the strip and let her know the results
Interesting!
December 17th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphera View Post
Ouch, that sucks!!!

Hmmm, I think I like this...however, its kinda like the self-checkout at the store...why do I have to do your job??? lol
December 17th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Last time i did one i got it in the cup and then stood up and peed on myself. I think its just setting us up for failure.
dyeanotherday and scraver2003 like this.
December 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcogoli View Post
Last time i did one i got it in the cup and then stood up and peed on myself. I think its just setting us up for failure.
lmbo!! Okay this reminded me of a bad experience I had as a child and since we're over-sharing...here goes:

I went on a fishing trip with my grandpa when I was about 7 or 8...i needed to pee really bad so he pulled up along a bank and told me to go back a little ways and do the squat and pee thing (im from the country, this is normal...lol) So I did...only I guess I wasn't leaning back far enough and I totally peed ALLLL over my pants...I was soooo embarressed to get back in the boat w/ my grandpa...I didnt get to hang w/ him that much and I always really looked up to him, so it was totally ackwaaarrrd!! He didnt make me feel bad tho, and he even let me drive the boat up on the trailer when we made it back to the docks...but yeaaaa, I learned my lesson that day on the right/wrong way to do the squat and pee method...Perfect stance ever since! Oh yeaaa!!
dyeanotherday likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just put the dang cup against myself, that way there's no room for error. I have it surrounded! Lol
rcross81 likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck_Mommy View Post
I just put the dang cup against myself, that way there's no room for error. I have it surrounded! Lol
I got lectured for there being too many skin cells at my last sample because I did that. PFFFFFT.

I have issues peeing in that cup while I'm not pregnant. I lean forward to see and then the stream changes...it's just really unpleasant. At the hospital I go to you put the cup in a ziploc bag thing and then drop it off. When they take it out they use gloves...but still, I would *not* want that to be my job!
December 17th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamac View Post
I got lectured for there being too many skin cells at my last sample because I did that. PFFFFFT.

I have issues peeing in that cup while I'm not pregnant. I lean forward to see and then the stream changes...it's just really unpleasant. At the hospital I go to you put the cup in a ziploc bag thing and then drop it off. When they take it out they use gloves...but still, I would *not* want that to be my job!
I haven't had the pleasure of that lecture yet... I always use one of those wipey thingys though, even if it's not for a sterile sample. Maybe that gets dead skin cells off? Or maybe they fear the wrath of Redneck Mommy, they are too afraid to fuss about skin cells! Lol. Who knows?
December 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I haven't had the pleasure of that lecture yet... I always use one of those wipey thingys though, even if it's not for a sterile sample. Maybe that gets dead skin cells off? Or maybe they fear the wrath of Redneck Mommy, they are too afraid to fuss about skin cells! Lol. Who knows?
So do I! Maybe they were just being annoying that day, lol. And that's true, you aren't someone to mess with....I'm too nice. I need to work on that vibe.
Redneck_Mommy likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 02:53 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
they gave me a freaking dixie cup to pee in literally they are dixie cups and i always piss on my hand lmao
December 17th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Brock's minion
I pee on my hand twice as much as in the cup

Michelle
December 17th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Veteran
4 out of my last 5 samples have come back "contaminated". I was peeing in a cup twice a week for a while. I think they gave up on me.

December 17th, 2012, 07:32 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. This is my least favorite part of every appointment.
scraver2003 likes this.
December 18th, 2012, 06:12 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL, this thread! It is a comfort though to hear that I am not the only one! Who would have thought that peeing in a cup would be so difficult?
scraver2003 likes this.
December 18th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyeanotherday View Post
they gave me a freaking dixie cup to pee in literally they are dixie cups and i always piss on my hand lmao
Like a "red solo cup...i feel you up!!" (this is a country song for those of you who dont know...google it, awesome song!! lol)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search