Belly Buttons

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
Ok, as a FTM, I am really concerned about my belly button popping out. I made the mistake of googleling images of popped out belly buttons. So here are my really important questions about belly buttons:

1. Is it science that they will all pop eventually?
2. If they do pop, how quickly do they go back to normal? Oh God, they go back to normal, right?! (now I'm thinking about a flacid, innie outtie raisiny looking button...ewwww)
3. Will you need to moisturize more than normal...after-all, it is always inside getting moisture, could it dry out?
4. I read that you can put a band-aid over it so it doesn't sick out out under your shirt...REALLY? You'd even have to do this??

Ok, I feel better just getting this out. Thanks I do have to say, one thing I am excited about if it does pop out, is getting a real good wash on it. It's so hard to wash the inside of your belly button...

*This is written kinda tounge-in-cheeck, but I am seriously worried about some of this. LOL **
#thingsthatkeepmeupatnight
mamamac likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Surpise Baby Due in May
Not all belly buttons pop out. But if yours does, it will go back to normal. It might be drier and itchier just from stretching so you should moisturize more. I do anyway. But mine is already popped out.
Whiterozse likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everything I've read says they do go back to normal after the pregnancy. But thanks for your description of what you're afraid it would look like =/// Gross...

I don't know why, but I think mine is going to pop out (if my belly ever does, that is)
Whiterozse and mamamac like this.
December 17th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheaimedved View Post
Everything I've read says they do go back to normal after the pregnancy. But thanks for your description of what you're afraid it would look like =/// Gross...
LOL, sorry!
rheaimedved likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Surpise Baby Due in May
Also, I think it has to do with how deep your belly button is to start with and how soon your uterus reaches your belly button level. The top of my uterus is already a few finger widths above my belly button and I have a pretty shallow belly button so I've been popped out awhile now.
Whiterozse likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had not even thought about.this..

Its a question for my doctor tomorrow... And I will let you know what answers I get.

Hahaha now im really wondering. Like would it smell? I mean u see movies with guys picking their belly button and smelling it. Blah!! Hahaha
December 17th, 2012, 10:11 PM
My belly button is really deep...and I am pretty sure my uterus is still like one finger below my belly button. I never thought that uterus position is the reason why the "button" pops, but that makes sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post
I had not even thought about.this..

Its a question for my doctor tomorrow... And I will let you know what answers I get.

Hahaha now im really wondering. Like would it smell? I mean u see movies with guys picking their belly button and smelling it. Blah!! Hahaha
YES! Let me know!! And! How WOULD it smell?? Hadn't thought of that either!!

December 17th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will...
Yea, cause I have an innie and never expected it to stick out.
Seriously makes me wonder. But my belly button isnt deep.
Whiterozse likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 10:15 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not all of them pop! Mine only popped out a teensy bit at the end when I got really really big with DS. Like, beachball big. And it went back pretty darned quickly. It seems like it looked different though after it went back, I mean only to me, no one else would have noticed a thing. But you know, we all know our own bellybuttons pretty well (I hope I'm not the only one!) and it looked a little tiny bit stretched out after my first pregnancy.
This pregnancy, I have yet to have it pop, and I've gotten a pretty big belly so far. So don't despair!
Whiterozse likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 17th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying about weird things like this. My belly button is normally very deep, but it's already WAY closer to the surface than it usually is! :S I will refrain from Googling images of popped-out belly buttons, though. I'm pretty sure that would probably freak me out.

December 17th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shufu_in_Shunan View Post
Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying about weird things like this. My belly button is normally very deep, but it's already WAY closer to the surface than it usually is! :S I will refrain from Googling images of popped-out belly buttons, though. I'm pretty sure that would probably freak me out.
LOL...I have pretty much learned to say away from google as much as I can. This is why the DDC is awesome!!
rheaimedved likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ladies... if you're really worried about it smelling, just wash it! Guys smell their belly buttons because they're disgusting pigs. Plus, if it's popped out, it won't have the opportunity to collect things and smells. It's much more hygienic if you ask me...
mamamac, scraver2003 and Mrsbowbin like this.
December 17th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ladies... if you're really worried about it smelling, just wash it! Guys smell their belly buttons because they're disgusting pigs. Plus, if it's popped out, it won't have the opportunity to collect things and smells. It's much more hygienic if you ask me...
Good thinking!! I like that better
rheaimedved likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post
Good thinking!! I like that better
I should be a PR consultant
December 17th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I should be a PR consultant
Ahaha I agree!!
December 18th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ashley, you crack me up. This thought did cross my mind...but really, what am I going to do about it? Your description of a raisiny belly button...EWWWW!!! Belly buttons have always kind of freaked me out a little bit.

Random fact: I wondered why other mammals don't have belly buttons, so I googled it. They do, but they're usually much harder to see because of hair (dogs/cats) or different skin elasticity/color. Then I felt stupid for thinking they don't. But, you know, this isn't exactly a subject taught in school.
rheaimedved likes this.
December 18th, 2012, 06:02 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is the best thread I've read in a while! My belly button popped a tiny bit with my son. It is just kind of flattening out right now, and my uterus is maybe 2 fingers below it. It went back to normal after my son.

Nichole
December 18th, 2012, 06:11 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
My belly button has stayed exactly the same through all of my pregnancies. It is really deep to start with. It kinda got "narrower" at the opening, since my skin was being stretched side-to-side. But it never came remotely close to the surface. It was still at least a 1/2" of innie. And it doesn't look any different at all after my belly goes back to normal between pregnancies.

I did, however, have a pierced belly button for a while and I got a stretch mark right above my belly button. It's only about 1/2" long...but since I only got 2 other stretch marks that are really small and faint, it looks kinda funny to me. It was likely because the skin was compromised and allowed stretching more easily. But it certainly is a little out of place looking. It's also completely white, a pale silver-white...on olive-tone skin, so it's noticeable.

But yeah, don't worry too much about your belly buttons. Not everyone pops out and even if it does, give it a good scrub and show off that cute button belly. I think they are cute! (and I am thinking a bandage wouldn't much do anything to hide that fact...it seems like then you would just have a bandaid on top of the poking out part? But I obviously never needed to try that).
December 18th, 2012, 06:14 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
lol...mine never popped out. I always wondered how that works and what that feels like. AND my aerola never turns really dark either. hmmm..?

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
December 18th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Bahahaha!! Luv this!! My belly button didn't pop out w/ DS, I doubt it will this time either...I have a pretty deep inny...for some reason I thought it was only outties that really popped but sounds like Im wrong...This reminds me tho, the other day I was in Motherhood Maternity and this older woman was in there with what Im assuming was her grand daughter, shopping for clothes...the older woman made a comment about such and such having a huge belly button that popped out when she was pregnant and how it was so disgusting. It took SOOOOO much for me not to say anything, but I turned and gave her the meanest stink eye I possibly could...she quickly blushed and turned away and changed the subject...OLD HAG!!!
rheaimedved likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search