Sleeping positions

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im not to comfortable laying on my sides while I sleep...

Does it really matter how I sleep?

I prefer slightly on my back... Not directly laying flat on my back but its comfortable for me. And throughout the night I end up laying on my right side.
December 18th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I try not to worry about it too much, but do. I really like sleeping on my back, but I find if I have extra pillows I'm pretty comfortable with them shoved between my legs and with my arms wrapped around them...
December 18th, 2012, 10:43 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think slightly off your back is fine, I mean I know from experience that you can't lay on your left and right sides every single night all night long. You get a really bad shoulder ache from that! I think so long as the weight of the baby isn't directly on your guts you're ok! I like to do slightly off my back too, even with a pillow propping me slightly off center. It feels good! I also can still manage to lay face down but slightly off to the side so my tummy sticks out the side.
And when I was pregnant with DS, I would many times wake up on my back, and be uncomfortable and turn over. So I think your body will tell you if it's not happy.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 19th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
My doc said if it's comfortable then do it. Your body will give you signals if a particular position is causing any issues, until then sleep however you are comfy
Rhonda66, ambee, rcross81 and 4 others like this.

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
December 19th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Veteran
Pillows are my friend. I am a tummy sleeper. At the end of my pregnancy with my son, I was still sometimes managing to wake up laying most of the way on my tummy. I was so worried I was going to squish him - but he came out just fine. Some times I lay on my back with a pillow under one butt cheek so I am off centered a bit.
rcross81 likes this.
December 19th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Veteran
I think any way you can get comfortable, as the other ladies said your body will give you signals if you should change positions. I find the more I "think" about it when i'm sleeping the worse I sleep.

December 19th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, that makes better sense, I just thought I would always have to sleep on my side.

I just dont want to squish my baby lol if thats possible.
December 19th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This has been a prob for me too...i remember years ago when i was pg w/ DS I was a tummy sleeper and it was soooo hard for me to become a side sleeper. But, I did...and go figure after I had him it wasnt as comfortable sleeping on my stomach anymore! I would still do it from time to time, but it wasnt necessarily my preferred position anymore...now, fast forward 14yrs later and Im kinda a semi side/tummy sleeper...i sleep on my side but also kinda partially on my tummy...sounds weird but its not a complete tummy rest...anywho! I still kinda sleep like that, but not as much pressure on my tummy, not to mention its in the way! I also do the back sleep sometimes w/ pillow propped under my back and/or bum to be at a slight angle so there isnt so much pressure on baby and spine and all that good stuff....ok sorry for rambling, this has been a hot topic for me too!!
December 19th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea, im a majoy tummy sleeper..
But lately I find it uncomfortable cause I feel a small bump. Im not big at all. Im barely even showing.
Its just I miss my normal sleep. And each position is either uncomfortable or I feel like maybe I shouldnt sleep that way.
December 19th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well since you have a tiny bump still, i dont think sleeping on ur back would be so bad yet if ur comfortable that way..
December 19th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup.. It looks more like a pudge.
Im sure ill complain once it gets huge. Lol

Well thanks ladies!! You been great help..
December 19th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
man all you ladies are lucky I can't even sleep on my back or tummy if I tried. I'm a tummy sleeper too... but this baby only lets me sleep on my left side. If i sleep on my back i'm not comfy, baby starts kicking and I feel like something is wrong... same thing on my right side

I say if it's comfy then do it!

December 19th, 2012, 04:38 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto all of the other ladies! I still sleep a little on belly for at least a portion of the night. Last pregnancy I used a body pillow and would try to lay on my side with it between my legs and then my arms wrapped around the top part. It was the only way I could sleep as I started getting really big.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
December 19th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I need to get a body pillow! I remember DH being annoyed last pregnancy at having to share the bed with all my pillows. He felt like I liked snuggling with them more than him! LOL

Nancy--I'm sorry you're relegated to only one position! Boo!
rheaimedved and TeeCee like this.

December 19th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
I need to get a body pillow! I remember DH being annoyed last pregnancy at having to share the bed with all my pillows. He felt like I liked snuggling with them more than him! LOL

Nancy--I'm sorry you're relegated to only one position! Boo!
Awe lol I have two body pillows and two regular pillows.
Since baby's dad has left the picture I really don't snuggle with anyone but my pillows. Hahaha poor me.
rheaimedved likes this.
December 19th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Aww! Well I'm glad you at least have some pillows to share your bed with.

December 19th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea. It doesn't matter. Lol the pillows don't snore like he did
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
December 19th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Brock's minion
My poor husband moved in the guest room for sleeping during the work week after week 8. Between the tossing an turning, snoring and peeing he had enough. I must say I am enjoying hogging the entire bed...might not let him back
P.S.- We try to sleep together on his non-work nights.

Michelle
December 19th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Veteran
I don't sleep, I just toss and turn

Thanks Jaidynsmum!

December 19th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbowbin View Post
My poor husband moved in the guest room for sleeping during the work week after week 8. Between the tossing an turning, snoring and peeing he had enough. I must say I am enjoying hogging the entire bed...might not let him back
P.S.- We try to sleep together on his non-work nights.
Hahaha poor thing!
Yea I totally get how someone would be annoyed by the constant interuptions. Im annoyed at myself some nights lol
EverydayJoy and Mrsbowbin like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search