Had an app't today.....measuring waaaay ahead.....

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Erin80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have never measured this far ahead. I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead. With my girls I was a week ahead or so all the time. Even the midwife was very surprised that I'm measuring that far ahead. I have my ultrasound on Friday, so we'll see if the baby is measuring big too, or just my uterus.

She couldn't find the heartbeat for the longest time, she actually said "I don't think it has ever taken me this long to find a heartbeat".......not very reassuring! It was fine though because I heard the baby this morning with my doppler, and I told her that, so neither of us were very worried. Plus, I could feel it moving around and kicking, so I guess it just kept moving away from the doppler. She confirmed that I do have an anterior placenta (she looked back at my 8 weeks ultrasound results), so that's why I don't feel much movement, plus I think it's a quiet baby.

All is well though, as far as we can tell. HB was 140''s. Can't WAIT for my scan on Friday!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
December 19th, 2012, 11:37 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Could you have a fibroid? They make your uterus bigger than normal.

Nichole
December 19th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No fibroids, there was nothing abnormal in my ultrasound at 8 weeks.

December 19th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
Maybe it's just extra fluid. Glad you had a good appointment. I had one today too, and I also have my u/s Friday

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
December 19th, 2012, 11:49 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm measuring a bit ahead too, but if it's just the tape measure method, then it's not 100% accurate, you know? I'm sure you're just fine!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 19th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
am i right in assuming that she was measuring just by feeling your stomach? i wouldn't worry about measuring large without an ultrasound.. and even then i wouldn't worry because there's always a lot of variation in these things. i'm always fascinated by what week the various fetal measurements correspond to.
December 19th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, I haven't posted here at all, but I am also due May '13 and I just wanted to respond to this thread. I have measured big with all of my pregnancies (except this one), sometimes up to 6 weeks bigger than I "should" have been, and it always turned out to be nothing. It always evened out somewhere along the line. By 40 weeks I usually measured about 40 cm.

So don't worry about it! It's probably nothing.
December 19th, 2012, 12:04 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I measured a little big with my first (1-2 weeks) and a solid 4-6 weeks big with my second. It was a combination of factors with my second baby...he was rather large (8.4lbs at 37 weeks) and I also had a lot of fluid in there with him (I did with my first as well, but less than my second and my first was a couple pounds smaller and a Couple inches shorter). I am measuring almost right on target so far this time, a new experience! Lol. I would bet as time progresses I get a little ahead again. Both of my boys were 100% healthy (and having that much fluid actually helped me with my second, he late-turned head-down and would never have enough room for that if there was not so much fluid).
December 19th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everyone! I'm thinking it's because this is my third and my uterus just knows what to do!

December 19th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
so lucky to have one of those dopplers. How often do you hear bub's hb??? Hope your scan on friday shows that all is well!

December 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always measured ahead with both of my previous pregnancies too, though I have a really short uterus and the baby always measured ahead. I'm measuring only slightly ahead in my uterus right now, and baby is measuring about 4 days ahead.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
December 20th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I listen to the baby almost every day since I can't really feel much.......it's a very quiet baby, and with the placenta in the front, it makes it impossible to feel much when it does move.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search