World ending on the 21st

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree28Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone else nervous the world is gonna end? I know it sounds stupid n prolly not true but its the day I have my big scan n I will be pissed if something happens where I can't find out the gender. I feel so dumb even posting this but I keep thinking stuff like I should really spend some time with my family and do things I would never do. I think I'm going crazy lol

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

December 19th, 2012, 02:07 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My scan is Friday too. I'm not worried at all about the world ending but worried about people being stupid. My 9th graders are so crazy on this topic. Can't wait for Saturday.
Sweet_Mama likes this.

Nichole
December 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so gullible

My younger brother whose a senior in high school got on this topic Monday night at dinner. We all know the world won't end but he sAys with such a straight face

"The world won't end, but scientists have researched for months now and they came to find out that there's gonna be a unreal event on Friday. Supposedly late in the evening it's suppose to get really really dark."

My facial expression was soooo into the story and I replied
"REALLY?! That's all that's gonna happen?"

And he says
"Yea it's call NGHTTIME you preggo!!"

Hahahaha I couldn't stop laughing. He got me good
December 19th, 2012, 02:20 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't even give it a second thought. My feeling is from a religious standpoint God says nobody knows the day nor the hour he'll return so as long as people keep throwing dates out there I know which days the world WON't end.
rcross81, Memi, Sweet_Mama and 2 others like this.
December 19th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Our school district just made Friday a half day instead of a full day. I imagine they've heard threats and rumors. I may not take my boy to daycare...

Nichole
December 19th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm actually pretty excited for Friday to come and go. I have no concerns with the world ending

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
December 19th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty3281 View Post
I don't even give it a second thought. My feeling is from a religious standpoint God says nobody knows the day nor the hour he'll return so as long as people keep throwing dates out there I know which days the world WON't end.

This actually put my mind at ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post
I'm so gullible

My younger brother whose a senior in high school got on this topic Monday night at dinner. We all know the world won't end but he sAys with such a straight face

"The world won't end, but scientists have researched for months now and they came to find out that there's gonna be a unreal event on Friday. Supposedly late in the evening it's suppose to get really really dark."

My facial expression was soooo into the story and I replied
"REALLY?! That's all that's gonna happen?"

And he says
"Yea it's call NGHTTIME you preggo!!"

Hahahaha I couldn't stop laughing. He got me good
If I were sitting next to u I would have the same expression. Lol
misty3281 and TeeCee like this.

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

December 19th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no doubts that Friday will come and go uneventfully..

However, we are having an "end of the world" party Friday night!!
WTTC #2
December 19th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I don't think the world will end or anything will happen but I do think that you'll have an awesome story to tell your LO about the date of their scan!
Sweet_Mama likes this.

December 19th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My scan is the 21st too, and I'm not one bit worried that the world is going to end. If it does, I just hope it happens after 12:30pm!
Sweet_Mama and MrsNHigh like this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
December 19th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's actually funny - every time we hear the world is going to end and it doesn't, then suddenly there comes a new date in the near future when the world is going to end lol - I really think someone makes a lot of money selling stuff to prepare for the end of the world and they perpetuate these rumors. Has anyone heard when the next "end of the world" is going to be? Of course not, but you can bet one will come up as soon as this one passes lol!

And seriously, if the world were really going to end, that would be a pretty freakin amazing thing to witness and probably not the worst way to go - if everyone else is gone, I really don't want to be here myself so I'm good with that. I'm not going to stock up on my bottled water so I can live a few days longer...

Not gonna happen anyway - I will probably forget about it on Friday since it's always one of my busiest days at work Hopefully no one goes loopy that day and we have no senseless catastrophes, like those folks who thought they were going to hitch a ride on Hale-bopp, that was nuts!
December 19th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy

orchid31 and Sweet_Mama like this.
December 19th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrs0523 View Post

Exactly!
December 19th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Lol!
December 19th, 2012, 04:40 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I heard it said that the whole Mayan calendar thing is silly, because the Mayan calendar in its original form is basically a never-ending spiral. But whoever "discovered" it put it into a linear format like we're used to, and when he did that then it did have a definite end.
I also heard it said that the Mayan calendar had no leap years so the world would have ended 13 years ago! Hehe.

I know being preggo makes us more hyper-aware of perceived danger to us or family. But I don't think it's anything to worry about!

And from Facebook:

Sweet_Mama likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 19th, 2012, 04:42 PM
My silly freshmen asked me one day, "Mrs. what are you going to do on Dec. 21 if the world ends?" I looked at them weird and said, "Die." Lol! They are a little too excited about it. Remember when the year 2000 was going to be the end?
EverydayJoy and TeeCee like this.

Nichole
December 19th, 2012, 04:45 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes I remember, Y2K was such a big deal. All the computers were going to crash, and there were going to be fires and looting and the world was going to turn upside down. Course none of that happened either...

Too funny about your freshman's comment! Haha and I love your reply! Did he crack up?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 19th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty3281 View Post
You can read minds! This is word for word my thoughts exactly.
rcross81 likes this.

December 19th, 2012, 07:17 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a trial on Friday afternoon so if the world is going to end, I would prefer it happen before 2:00. I'd hate to convict someone but not have them be punished although I suppose dying would be the ultimate punishment. Especially for something as silly as a fight after school.
MrsNHigh likes this.
December 19th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memi View Post
You can read minds! This is word for word my thoughts exactly.
This has been my argument all along. God isn't going to let anyone decide but Him
Sweet_Mama likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search