Can't Sleep....

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Themrs0523
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By Themrs0523
  • 1 Post By MrsLisaT

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 12:35 AM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugh... Starting to get harder and harder to sleep...

Anyone with me?
January 2nd, 2013, 01:06 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yes! I take Hyland's Calms (3 of them) prior to going to sleep or else it takes me over an hour to fall asleep. Then if I don't take more of them halfway through the night, I start to wake up every 45 minutes or so from about 4am on. I'm grateful I at least have something herbal I can take so that I can sleep!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 2nd, 2013, 01:30 AM
I will have to try that... Thanks for the suggestion!
EverydayJoy likes this.
January 2nd, 2013, 07:00 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've started taking Unisom again at night. We were out of town for the long weekend and I didn't sleep well at all. Last night, I was so happy to be home in my own bed. I slept like a rock and feel great today. I hope that will continue!
Mrsbowbin likes this.
January 2nd, 2013, 07:37 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
same here! I play Solotaire on my Nook until I fall asleep

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

January 2nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
Veteran
It takes me at least 20 min of rolling around until I can get comfortable. My hubby doesn't even like to go to sleep at the same time anymore because he says I'm too restless. He tucks me in and then comes to bed about an hour later. And we still have 4.5 months to go

January 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
BeccaC17's Avatar Super Mommy
I been having a really hard time sleeping too. I can fall asleep but I can't stay asleep and I'm miserably tired the next day.

January 2nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely had a bad night last night!

I couldn't get comfortable, and when I finally did... I couldn't sleep. So I went to bed at 9:30, finally gave up sleeping at about 11...went to the couch and played around on my tablet, then tried to sleep around 2:30am..fell asleep twice on the couch for about 5 minutes, so I moved back to the bed thinking I'd be able to sleep.. nope. Tossed and turned til about 3:30 when I FINALLY fell back to sleep until the alarm went off at 5:45 to get up. I am not a happy camper today!

It didn't help that when I came back to bed at 3, there was a weird dripping noise..DH went to check on it and the faucet on the shower apparently decided to start dripping, but when we took the faucet off (and just had the pipe exposed) the dripping stopped...NO idea what that's about.
WTTC #2
January 2nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sapphera...sounds like an awful night!

Just a word of caution, don't take anything for sleep that has valerian root in it. That's bad for baby, from what I understand. What I take (Calms) just has stuff like chamomile and passion flower, so I think it's all safe. But check with your doc of course...

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 2nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I am having a hard time sleeping, which is so annoying because I am starting to feel much more tired, losing my energy that I had when 2nd trimester started

January 2nd, 2013, 07:47 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got my pregnancy pillow in the mail this week. Holy cow! IDK why or how I went through my entire first pregnancy without this thing. It's made a world of difference to me! DH is jealous. It's like sleeping on a supportive cloud. (Yes, a supportive cloud
EverydayJoy likes this.

January 2nd, 2013, 08:59 PM
I was telling the girls at work today about how hard it has been for me to sleep and one of the girls has a pregnancy pillow that she never used and said I could have it!!! Score!!! Here is too a better nights sleep tomorrow
EverydayJoy likes this.
January 2nd, 2013, 10:18 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
Can't sleep here either but mostly because that is when the hacking starts. Got some really awful, lingering cough going on and it is *killing* my sleep. grr...
January 3rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no problem at all falling asleep. I'm usually out just minutes after I lay down! But lately I've been waking up constantly through out the night and have trouble getting back to sleep. It only just started this past week so I hope this is just a short phase that I am going through. The one night I am pretty sure it was the baby that woke me up. S/he was kicking like crazy!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search