Unexpected Possibly Bad News

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Themrs0523
  • 4 Post By Themrs0523

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
I went to my midwife today because I had been having lower pelvic pain and it almost felt like an infection (you know that deep pain)

Well I went in and heard the heartbeat, she would barely hold still! Then they did an exam and there is a possibililty that I have an infection. She went ahead and started me on antibotics and said we would keep my anatomy scan scheduled for the 14th and *hopefully* everything would look good... Her words...

Kinda scary but I'm trust that God has a plan and Peyton will be perfectly fine. (Trying to at least, I may have cried once already)
January 4th, 2013, 12:59 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure it will all be fine. only 10 days til your ultrasound! yay!

January 4th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the reassurance.

Don't look up uterine infections during pregnancy , by the way...ugh
rheaimedved likes this.
January 4th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
No googling! T&Ps directed toward your uterus!

My Boring Blog
January 4th, 2013, 01:06 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you got that news! At first I thought you meant a UTI/bladder infection but I would be scared too if my OB told me I had a uterine infection. I hope that your antibiotics clear that right up for you...I'm glad you listened to your body and went in to your doctor. Did she give you a prognosis or just "hopefully everything would be better"?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 4th, 2013, 01:11 PM
She said she wouldn't even be treating me for an infection if I didn't have the symptoms. I have had additional watery discharge, not even enough to have to wear a pad and having deep pain in my pelvis but nothing really bad. I just wanted to get it checked out.

When she did the exam and felt of my uterus from the inside, she touched a few spots that were tender. She said it could be the baby laying certain ways that is causing my pain or an infection but she took a swab and said it isn't a raging infection or anything. I think the antibiotics are more to just be on the safe side if it is one.

I have had a uterine infection before and when I was treated the pain was unbearable so I'm hoping we either caught it really early or it's just Peyton using my inside as a punching bag.
January 4th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I'm glad you went in before it became unbearable. I've never had a uterine infection before, so I don't know that pain. But it doesn't sound fun!
I hope they did catch it early, sounds like she didn't seem too terribly concerned about it, but if you're like me, that's not always very reassuring. I tend to overthink things and worry that the doctor/OB/midwife didn't catch the real problem, etc, and my brain comes up with all sorts of horrible outcomes. Best bet is listen to your body and try not to worry too much! (If that's possible!)
I'm glad you did go in even though you felt like it was nothing and that you are on antibiotics now. Sounds like you should get it resolved real quickly

January 4th, 2013, 02:50 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Im sorry your not feeling well. Hope the antibiotics kick in fast. Feel better. : (

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
January 4th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Has anyone taken flagyl (metronidazole) while pregnant? It is an antibiotic and supposed to be safe after the first trimester but I just wanted to hear others experiences. I started it tonight.
January 4th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I haven't but I've taken other antibiotics while pregnant, Keflex and Cipro, I believe, and had no problems with them. Always good to follow up treatment with some acidophilous to replace the friendly bacteria in your gut and help stave off a yeast infection. Just my two cents!

January 14th, 2013, 03:47 PM
UPDATE!

We had our anatomy scan today and it only took the tech about 10 mins to get everything she needed. Peyton looks perfect and there were no red flags. We may have ruled out the infection because I explained to my midwife that I only noticed the pain when I was sitting in my very hard uncomfortable office chair. Also she said that my bladder could be fighting my uterus for space, causing the discomfort.

Peyton weighs 13 oz and hb was 148.

So happy! Thank you for the t&p!
January 14th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Ashley Schroeder's Avatar #1 Due in May
Glad to hear everything is OK!
January 14th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is great! Im glad everything is looking good.
January 14th, 2013, 05:56 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know this is late but I used the flagyl gel in the first trimester (11 weeks) and the oral in the second (12 weeks) because the first didn't do the trick. Every ultrasound and check up I have shows a perfectly healthy baby in there. So I wouldn't stress about that. And yay for the good ultrasound report!
January 14th, 2013, 06:57 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah! Happy to hear everything went well!
January 14th, 2013, 10:39 PM
So glad everything is ok!

January 17th, 2013, 10:30 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you're at peace and everything looks good! Not for nothing, I went in this week with serious pelvic pain as well and was diagnosed with Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. It might be worth looking into!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search