Weigh in...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Regular
Okay so hardly any regular shirts fits and I am down to one pair of jeans that will actually button!!!! But I my appt on Friday and they said I have only gained 6 pounds. I really appreciate that but I dont that is even possible... but I am running with it. I think it has gone to my head because all this week I have been starving!!!

When we get ready to eat, you can pratically hear my stomach ROARING, but when it comes down to it I split a salad and eat one piece of pizza. I am so ready to get my eat on!!!!! ALSO, I havent had a 100% craving yet. I have those moments where yeah pepper jack cheese and chocolate ice cream sounds good but then an hour later its gone.

Have you ladies gotten to the BIG CRAVINGS??? IF SO, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR!!!!!!
January 5th, 2013, 11:37 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm about 160 by my home scale (more at the doctors) so that puts me at about 12 lbs gain from pre-pregnancy weight. I'm pretty comfortable with that, of course I wouldn't mind if it was less, but with my DS, I gained more quickly at the beginning and then less than what the doctors recommended in the 3rd trimester. So I'm hoping that trend continues, so long as it's ok for the baby. That way it should all balance out and I shouldn't be too crazy heavy. I hope!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 5th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't gain much either, I guess I am just redistributing what weight I have. From my weigh in at my first appt to now I have only gained 2.5 lbs
January 6th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I gained most of my weight over the holidays. I don't even know what I'm at now, I'm afraid to look. From 4-18 weeks I gained 10lbs.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
January 6th, 2013, 06:50 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm up to 176 now. I think my starting weight was 165. I can't stop eating! I over eat all the time. My stomach will be full, but my plate won't be empty. I need to stop that! I said I dint want to get up to 200 this time, yet I'm headed there fast!
I almost drove through ice and snow for a tuna sandwich the other day. Since then, I've had 3 tuna sandwiches. Mmmmmm, tuna for breakfast??? Mmmmm
laroussell likes this.

Nichole
January 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I started at 130 and the last time I weighed myself (less than a week ago) I was 153 (on a new scale but it seems reasonable, given my previous weight).

I'm surprised I haven't had any cravings, since I'm a person who loooves food and eating. I think I had more cravings before I was ever pregnant... The first trimester was difficult with the nausea, but eating healthy since then hasn't been a problem.

I have two pairs of regular jeans (that were 2-3 sizes too big) that fit (almost) comfortably so long as I don't button them (I use the rubber band trick... best thing ever..) For shirts I'm fine in tank tops and my normal shirts... so far, haven't had to buy anything special. I did buy a pair of "maternity" pants the other day, but they're yoga pants so there isn't any distinguishable difference between them and regular yoga pants.
January 6th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im down about 23lbs so far but im hoping to gain soon.

Im craving most everything. Today i want something sweet so i might be baking later.
January 6th, 2013, 09:36 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gained about 25 lbs so far. I didn't want to gain more than 20 but every time I said I would get something healthy DH chimed in with "you're only going to be pregnant once. eat whatever you want" and so here I am. I swear I'm the biggest girl in this group by now!! haha Oh well. I'll work it back off afterward.
January 6th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Brock's minion
The holidays killed me! I've gained about 5 pounds so far, but even when I lost weight during my 1st tri none of my clothes fit me.

Michelle
January 6th, 2013, 01:26 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Some women never get cravings. I never have. There are foods I prefer to others (like green beans, milk, and anything with cheese...which I am not normally a huge cheese person). But honestly, I can eat anything and be satisfied and never feel that I "have" to eat something. Surely not enough to go out and get it if I am home (or to send my husband for it). The way I have heard cravings explained, I don't think I get them. Sitting here, some sugar cookies sound good. But I don't have flour to make them, nor do I desire to get off my butt while the kids are sleeping....so I won't be having any

But anyway, I am up about 15lbs. I am just about to cross 180. I started at just under 165. I fully expect to cross the 200 mark, as I have with both of my boys. As long as it is isn't too far beyond that, I am okay. I am just not one to worry too much about it. I also tend to gain more in the beginning than the end. Being 5'10" helps me not look like I have gained that much or like I am close to 200lbs. I manage to carry my weight pretty well. One blessing of being tall.
EverydayJoy and laroussell like this.
January 6th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Ltem45
I have no idea what my weight is. I can never understand the old fashioned scales and the medical assistant and the dr. never mention my weight. I am only 5'3 and am considered overweight for my height, but had lost weight before I found out I was pregnant. Some of my clothes have gotten tighter and I had no qualms about getting maternity clothes (super comfy). I know I must have put on a few pounds, but I don't think too much. I am just now starting to get more of baby belly instead of just a beer belly.
January 6th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNHigh View Post
I'm up to 176 now. I think my starting weight was 165. I can't stop eating! I over eat all the time. My stomach will be full, but my plate won't be empty. I need to stop that! I said I dint want to get up to 200 this time, yet I'm headed there fast!
I almost drove through ice and snow for a tuna sandwich the other day. Since then, I've had 3 tuna sandwiches. Mmmmmm, tuna for breakfast??? Mmmmm

Oh my goodness, a tuna sandwhich sounds awesome. My husband was eating a chicken salad sandwhich before I left. It looked pretty amazing but I stuck with my PB and J for tonight. I think I may make an egg salad sandwhich. They are amazing too!!!!!
January 6th, 2013, 05:03 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lately my cravings have all been for chocolate. I have a pan of brownies that I'm slowly working away on. When I first took them out of the oven a couple days ago I spread a warm fudgy brownie with peanut butter that melted on the top. YUM!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 6th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I lost about 30lbs at the beginning of the pregnancy and I'm back up 3lbs.

My Boring Blog
January 7th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Veteran
I've gained about 10 lbs so far, and no cravings. Was wondering the same thing the other day: where are my cravings, lol. i don't get any but I do eat alot and often.
Starting in my first semester, I would get nauseas and throw up if I didn't eat often ( as in every 2, 3 hours) and still having the same issue. I have to eat or I get sick and I am always starving!!!
I've been in maternity clothes since week 9 LOL since I could not fit into any of my clothes but they were all tight anyways. No loose clothings.
I have a baby belly too, it really shows and it's hard to the touch. It also moves a bit, specially when I wake up, I can see the outline of it and moves too. AHAHAHA, Sort of looks like a jelly bean just hard to the touch

Last edited by Dragonflyldy; January 7th, 2013 at 06:59 AM.
January 7th, 2013, 10:00 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I am up 12 or 13 pounds. It was a little bit shocking when the doctor had to move the scale thing to over 150! But, my scale at home is still a few pounds under that so I'll go by that one! And I feel like the only place I am really growing is up top. My belly is still pretty small but the girls are enormous! As for cravings, I'm not really getting any either. At least, nothing more than what I would get before pregnancy where a certain food sounds really good and while I would love to have it, I won't really go out of my way to get it.
January 7th, 2013, 11:30 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm up about 12 lbs. I go to the doc today so we will see what their scale says. I have been eating sooooo much so I'm happy with the number.

As for cravings-anything with melted cheese. Cheeseburgers, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, etc. And just recently chocolate has been a fav too.

January 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
BeccaC17's Avatar Super Mommy
I've gained 5 pounds so far and have been craving sweets like crazy. I try not to eat too much junk and have been replacing candy/ice cream with fruits but sometimes it just doesn't cut it.

January 7th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Veteran
Brats, and meat in general.. fried mushrooms, candy... chips.. all the bad stuff lol.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!

January 7th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've lost about 12-18 pounds (depending on the scale) from my pre-pregnancy weight at this point, but have been in maternity pants for a long time now because my belly is rather large.

Cravings...it depends on the day and my nausea, but I've been eating a lot of veggie subs and salty foods-hamburgers, fries, pizza, etc...unhealthy stuff. Still can't keep down much produce unless it's surrounded by carbs. Not the best nutrition, but I just keep down what I can.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search