Kind of a personal topic but...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree28Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 12:39 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone getting a belly big enough to have issues with shaving? And I don't mean legs either...hehe.
I know not everyone is into that but for me it's kind of annoying being a bit unkempt in that regard. DH has offered to help me but I'm kind of afraid of a man wielding a razor getting near me! Haha! I mean shaving a face is one thing....the other kind of shaving takes some finesse!
Sweet_Mama and rheaimedved like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I use a trimmer, and DH helps me with it now that I can't see anything. (It prevents cuts that way, too.) I don't think he particularly enjoys it but it makes me feel better. And I'm growing the baby, so he can suck it up.
Whiterozse and rheaimedved like this.
January 7th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Good idea. I tried DH's electric clippers on myself but they bit me a couple times...might be easier if I had him do it. Hey and he's offered, so I should take him up on it.

January 7th, 2013, 12:51 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use a trimmer too. Lost sight of my vajayjay very recently. My next shave will be interesting. Dh is in no way interested in assisting me! Lol!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Nichole
January 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joy...just have him hold a mirror. And yeah, you need a woman's trimmer, lol. Those men-specific ones....no. They hurt.
EverydayJoy likes this.
January 7th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Veteran
I let df do it lol

Thanks Jaidynsmum!

January 7th, 2013, 01:13 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Joy - I'm totally with you! I can't stand being unkempt down there. So far, I can still see down there...barely. I wouldn't trust my DH to assist either! I'll most likely end up using a mirror like I did at the end. It was hard though!
January 7th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Ashley Schroeder's Avatar #1 Due in May
Great question Joy! I'm haven't quite lost sight yet, but I've been wondering that the heck I'm suppose to do once I can't see what's going on.
January 7th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I absolutely would not let DH anywhere near there... I've seen his face after shaving.. LOL!! I've just graduated from my straight razor to an electric (though I have managed to cut myself with that too in the past).. and going by "feel" and having to check in the mirror.. it's quite a production!! Not sure what I'm going to do when I'm huge!!
NTNP #2
January 7th, 2013, 01:30 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I cant see whats going on down there. I told hubs Im just going to go bare. I have just been shaving it all...lol.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
January 7th, 2013, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't mind going bare if I could see to do it! LOL I can still barely manage, but it involves me contorting myself and having to pause every now and then for a big breath and I feel like I'm squishing the baby!
Jillian--I've never used an electric anything before, so I wasn't aware that women's ones were better! Thanks for the tip!

I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues...haha...not that I wish you ladies to, but you know, misery loves company! Heh. With my pregnancy with DS, I didn't even start to show until about now, so I didn't have to contend with a big belly till later in the pregnancy. Now I'm showing so early it's becoming a problem now!

January 7th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Oh yes! I decided a few days to let it grow in a bit and then go get waxed. I did it with DD too and it was totally worth it!
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

January 7th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
I usually go bald for awhile then shave again when its needed. We have a big shower with 2 seats so I just guess and can usually manage but the next shaving is always harder than the last. Lol
EverydayJoy likes this.

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

January 7th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bare as a baby's bottom here lol, always have been, always will be - I hate hair anywhere but on my head lol! It's getting hard to see, but it's still not so difficult when you're just shaving stubble away...
January 7th, 2013, 03:31 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just today in the shower I was thinking to myself "I'm not going to be able to do this much longer!" My plan is to try to use a mirror when I've lost complete visibility. If that doesn't work I may just go get waxed.
rheaimedved likes this.

January 7th, 2013, 03:54 PM
TGill's Avatar Expecting #2
Yeah I can't see anything down there. I go in blind and every now and then I might try to "move" my belly out of the way to see. That doesn't work. I will more than likely go get waxed but I'm going to be honest...it sounds painful.

Tricia - due May 2, 2013
January 7th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't shave, so I use this Amazon.com: Philips HP6378 Bikini Perfect Deluxe Trimmer, Opal / Aqua: Health & Personal Care and I love it. For those of you interested in electric trimmers.
EverydayJoy and Whiterozse like this.
January 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I use the Schick Quattro Trimstyle 'cause I can take it in the shower. But really, I just let it ride until I'm about to deliver and then get waxed.

My Boring Blog
January 7th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can still see and navigate, but the moment I can't, I'm getting waxed.

Maybe we could form some kind of buddy system via JM... people living near each other can meet up and hold mirrors/shave unreachable spots?!?!
EverydayJoy and TeeCee like this.
January 7th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im with you girls. With DS I just did a blind shave and felt my way around. I always wanted to do a wax but was too scared. I may go for it this time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search