Feeling baby move question

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Veteran
So I've been feeling the baby move for about 3 weeks now. Started as bubbles, now it feels like muscle tweaks and sometimes like little pokes or kicks.

For those who are feeling the baby move, my question is: How often do you feel baby??
Initially, I would feel him only at night ( thought he was a night owl like his parents lol) and only when I stretched on the sofa. Maybe 5 times a night, maybe less.

Now his movements are starting to feel stronger and I feel him more often, I feel him throughout the day ( I feel him now ) but not always. Yesterday, I felt him mostly all day, and after I had tacos for dinner and stretched out, I didn't feel him for a couple hours, then felt a few kicks really late in the night ( around 10)

So wondering what is everyone's experience, how often do you feel the baby?

January 8th, 2013, 07:11 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I usually feel him right as soon as I wake up and at night, right before bed. He's not nearly as active as my other 2 were.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
January 8th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At first I only felt him at night, but now it is off and on all day. He is very active, which I love I do have a day here and there that I won't feel anything all day until I go to bed.
EverydayJoy likes this.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

January 8th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
Mostly at night and in the mornings.. she seems to be quiet during the afternoon for the most part
NTNP #2
January 8th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i just started to feel definite baby movements last week. i would say i've felt something almost every day, maybe a bit more frequently in the evening, my husband has gotten lucky a handful of times and been able to feel something. since i have an anterior placenta, i mostly feel it way off to the left side.
January 8th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe, what a great feeling. Seemx like everyone is starting to feel baby.

Well my lil one usually moves throughout the morning.
Then small kicks throughout the day but will fully awaken at night.

This one is a night baby.

Then ill get days where I wont feel the baby from morning on through the evening. But the moment im getting ready for bed, then its non stop till I sleep through the kicks.
January 8th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually only feel mine at night, or when i have something super cold or sugary. At night i always place my hand on my belly and wait for the little kicks....best feeling ever!

January 8th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel him several times throughout the day. Always at night abd always when im sitting still during the day.

January 8th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel her all throughout the day now. If I'm up and moving most of the day I'll miss a lot, but every time I take a moment to sit and take a break I feel her

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
January 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Brock's minion
I've been feeling him consistently for a while now. Most of the movement I felt was at night and I would have about 3 hours of circus fun. On Sunday we had some sort of breakthrough day, he was active all day except when he fell asleep for 3 hours in te afternoon. His movements were strong and sometimes made me a little soreish or queasy. He's calmed down since then, I think he was just figuring out how his legs work.

Michelle
January 8th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel movement mainly in the morning and at night but also random times throughout the day. My ob always told me that a baby is a baby even in utero. So they have active time and sleep time and it changes as they get bigger. Also growth spurts and what you eat will affect movement.
January 8th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Veteran
ah..my hubby has not felt him yet. Every time I feel him and put my hand on my belly to see if I can feel the movements with my hands so I can have my husband feel it, he stops moving!! LoL Every single time! I am still not sure if I can feel like from the outside because he will stop moving.. he is already being a lil punk

January 8th, 2013, 10:59 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel this little boy all day long, and in the middle of the night sometimes when I wake up. It seems like he has short rest periods, maybe an hour or so, and then he's back to kicking. I love it! When I was first starting to feel him move, it was a lot less often, I think because I wasn't feeling all his kicks. Now he kicks all the time...last night I started humming while I was rocking my toddler to sleep and the baby started kicking. I think he likes music! He also kicks more after I eat sweets

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 8th, 2013, 11:24 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also have an anterior placenta so it's still pretty sporadic and random when I feel the baby. It's mostly at night when I finally sit down after baths and dinner. It's so different from DD because I can only really feel it on the sides. I'm glad it's still a little early to be counting kicks. it would take me all freaking day to get to 10 most days. DD it would take about two minutes.
January 8th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Ashley Schroeder's Avatar #1 Due in May
I feel him throughout the day. Always in the morning, as soon as I wake up. And usually at lunch time & dinner time too. We seem to be on the same schedule because he hasn't been waking me up at night. (Hope it stays that way.) My husband has been feeling him from the outside as well. We can tell he's getting stronger. Lovin' it!
January 8th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I've been feeling her since around week 18. At first it seemed to mostly be at night time, and it wasn't every day. Now I feel her morning and night, and sometimes in the middle of the day. For the past several days, I've felt her every day! So exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflyldy View Post
ah..my hubby has not felt him yet. Every time I feel him and put my hand on my belly to see if I can feel the movements with my hands so I can have my husband feel it, he stops moving!! LoL Every single time! I am still not sure if I can feel like from the outside because he will stop moving.. he is already being a lil punk
Lol my husband has felt her a few times, but she mostly stops when he tries to feel, too! I'll be like "Oh, she's kicking me right now!" and he'll quickly put his hand on my belly. I'll wait a few seconds, then have to say "Well, she stopped now..." and my husband glares at me lol.

January 8th, 2013, 12:36 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only been feeling him kick for two weeks now, and within that 2 weeks there was a 5 day stretch where I didn't feel him. I usually feel him in the evening when I am laying on the couch. I can't wait to feel regular, hard kicks throughout the day!

January 8th, 2013, 12:56 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It really varies for me. Most of the time I feel the baby all throughout the day and even throughout the night when I am awake trying to get comfortable. But it seems like days when I am busier, I don't feel the baby nearly as often. It actually really worried me the first couple of times when I went hours without feeling the baby. Today is turning into one of those days and I still get a little nervous about it!
January 8th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lisa the busier you are the less likely you are to feel the baby. Your movements rock the baby so they tend to sleep more when the mom is active.
January 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's very active - I notice more at night and in the morning too, but if I stop what I'm doing and pay attention during the day, I feel her then too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search