Still no kicking

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Purrrrrrr
  • 2 Post By markswife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
I am starting to get concerned that I haven't felt my little one kicking. I feel the flutters and have a Doppler so I know she is ok but is this something I should be concerned about?
January 9th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I'm 22 weeks on Friday and just within the last week or so I'd say is when I really started feeling "kicks". So I wouldn't be too worried yet I have an anterior placenta which will mute the kicks, do you know where yours is?
January 9th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am 20 weeks and i have only felt 2 kicks. I generaly just feel movement really low. If your carrying back then the big kicks take longer to feel.
January 9th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Veteran
I think ( and that is a big THINK) I felt a kick or two in the last week but mostly I just feel movement.
I think kicks will come in later when they get bigger/stronger.
I don't think I can feel it with my hands either, just on the inside. Of course, doesn't help that the lil punk stops moving every time I put my hands on my belly when he moves so I can't even feel him on the outside lol
I also feel him low as well, way lower than my belly button, I think he is sitting lower, I do know from the u/s that he is upside down, so maybe he is head butting me lol

January 9th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
The only thing I can feel for certain is when Sam punches my bladder and the only reason I know it's him is 'cause it makes me tinkle a little. Thank goodness I'm already wearing pads for the bleeding. I swear, I need to invest in some Depends.
EverydayJoy likes this.

My Boring Blog
January 9th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Well you ladies eased my mind. I do believe I have an anterior placenta, or at least it was anterior at my 16 week elective ultrasound
January 9th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, don't worry, every pregnancy is different. I barely felt DS the whole time my first pregnancy and this one doesn't stop moving so doesn't mean much either way!
January 9th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i didn't feel anything definite until 22 weeks. i'm 23.5 now and don't necessarily feel something every day or at regular intervals. do you know your placenta position? that's one of the major determinants.

i definitely would not worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrs0523 View Post
Well you ladies eased my mind. I do believe I have an anterior placenta, or at least it was anterior at my 16 week elective ultrasound
it's attached to the uterine wall and can't just float around. the only direction it might appear to move is up, but that's only from the uterus expanding. it's actually quite dangerous if the placenta detaches from the uterus.
January 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Oh I was told that it could move position in time for delivery so it would no longer by anterior.....guess I was given false information, thank you!
January 9th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrs0523 View Post
Oh I was told that it could move position in time for delivery so it would no longer by anterior.....guess I was given false information, thank you!
they usually tell you that if it's low-lying, so i'm guessing yours was looking a little low (and it was anterior), but they told you not to worry because there's still time for it to move away from the cervix.
January 9th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Ltem45
Thems I am 19 weeks and five days as well and have not felt any kicks.
January 9th, 2013, 05:43 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't start feeling anything until around 21 weeks and even then was only occassionally. I've just been feeling kicks daily and frequently over the past week.
January 9th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I have a low lying placenta that is just to the side of my cervix. My Doctor drew a nice picture of it and how it will likely move up away from the cervix as the uterus grows - she said 98% of the time it corrects itself - that's probably what your Doctor said/meant...

There are some good depicitons here of low lying placenta and full/partial previas if your scroll down...

Placenta praevia (low-lying placenta) causes, picture, and more

Now picture the uterus expanding and everything shifting to the left, in theory that is what should happen and usually does...
January 9th, 2013, 07:34 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've also just started to regularly feel movement in the last couple weeks and I'll be 24 weeks tomorrow. My placenta is also anterior so it feels much different than with DD when she started moving. It should pick up over the next few weeks. Soon we'll all be complaining about how strong the babies are and how the kicks hurt. DD liked to hook her toes into my ribs and try to roll over around 5:30 each morning. It was pure torture!
EverydayJoy and Ltem45 like this.
January 10th, 2013, 01:53 AM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
I totally know how you feel as I was feeling the same way just a couple weeks ago! It was absolutely nerve-wracking, especially since I was on antibiotics at the time and worried I might have harmed my baby somehow by taking them . Rest-assured, though, that once your baby hits that bit of a growth spurt around 21 weeks you will definitely start feeling a LOT more! Just over this last week I have felt a huge difference in my baby's movement, both in frequency and intensity. I am a plus size gal, but even DH and DS can feel baby kick now! It's very exciting, and I'm sure those moments are just around the corner for you, too . Hang in there!

January 10th, 2013, 03:27 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have only felt little bumps and pokes for the past couple of weeks, not not consistently at all. only in the evening while laying on the couch and it's not guaranteed I will feel him every night. my placenta is also anterior. I'm sad because I have only ever had anterior placentas, I was really hoping one out of three might not be but I guess I'm consistent

oh, and my friend said she only felt her son like, twice her whole entire pregnancy! that's crazy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search