fever

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bcogoli
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone know the temp guidlines for a fever during pregnancy. I have been sick and im on antibiotics but now im starting up with a fever but im only 100.5. I just dont remember when your supposed to call your doctor. Any help would be great, thank you.
January 9th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Veteran
I was thinking it was 103 or higher was when they became concerned but I'm not 100%. The mom in me can't help but remind you to take Tylenol, drink lots of water, and put cool compresses on your neck and wrists. If you start to chill, shiver, or just feel worse in general I would call your Dr. just to be safe.

I hope you feel better soon!

January 9th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol thank you mommy. I did take tylenol and it seems to be helping.
miss britt likes this.
January 9th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Girl, I'm right there with you. I've got bronchitis that seems to be turning into pneumonia. All they did was give me hydrocodone for the cough and 2 z-packs for the cold. I've had a fever for 2 days that nothing is touching, but they didn't seem too concerned. If it gets back up to 102.0 I'm calling them again, but they didn't seem too concerned that it was 101.0 today.

My Boring Blog
January 9th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i personally wouldn't call a doctor if it was under 102 and controlled easily by normal doses of tylenol. 103 is the point you're supposed to call your doctor at. if it persists more than another day or two i'd probably call then.
January 9th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Regular
When i had the chickenpox .. i was told 101

January 9th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies. I dont usually worry about these things but with being sick and the fever coming after 2 days on antibiotic and my cervix shortening i was getting a little paranoid.

Purrrr i hope you feel better soon.
January 9th, 2013, 07:27 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought 103 was when you'd call a doctor when you're NOT pregnant. I would think you'd want to call at a lower temp for pregnancy. That's just what's in the back of my brain, though, not sure if that's right or not.
ShannonM likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 9th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Brock's minion
I was told 101 when unable to control with Tylenol.
ShannonM likes this.

Michelle
January 9th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
I just asked my doctor about it today, cuz DH has the flu, and I wanted to make sure I was prepared just in case I got it. She said you want to keep it at 101 or under with Tylenol. If it goes over, then you should go to the er. I hope you feel better soon!

January 10th, 2013, 01:44 AM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
In the pregnancy pamphlet I was given at my nurse intake appointment, I believe it said "100.4" was the temp to be seen at, but when I googled it online I read it was 100.6 (essentially around 101).

A couple weeks ago I had a fever of 100.8 and decided to go in to urgent care to be seen, and by the time they took my temp there (about 15-20mins after I had taken my temp at home) it had climbed to 101.3. They gave me some Tylenol which eventually brought down my fever, checked baby's heartbeat via doppler to make sure all was fine, and hooked me up to an IV line with a full bag of saline (or whatever they give you to rehydrate you, lol). Long story short, I was told I had a cold and what looked like the beginning of a sinus infection so I was sent home with antibiotics, Tylenol, and some Robitussin. Thankfully the fever never returned .

My advice is to call or go in to be seen if you're not sure or are feeling anxious about your current symptoms. Personally I think you'll be fine with the medicinal regimen you've already got going , but the way I see it, it's better to err on the side of caution rather than potentially put you or your baby at risk. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

January 10th, 2013, 12:40 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'd call just to double check. But the good news is that your fever sounds mild, and apparently it's not as dangerous once you're out of the first trimester.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search