Nesting/Preparing for baby

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By miss britt
  • 1 Post By LolaBadola
  • 3 Post By Purrrrrrr
  • 1 Post By bcogoli

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Veteran
Hi girls sorry I have been a little MIA, I've been bit with the nesting bug big time so all my free time has been cleaning, organizing, and making lists! We are shuffling bedrooms around so that has been a lot of it, I'm really excited to make DS's room look more like a big boy room even though he is still in his crib.

Anyway I started a list of things to do/buy in the few weeks before baby comes to make my home run efficiently while I'm recovering and while we are adjusting to this new lady joining our family. I would love input from you girls on what you would add and I thought it might help FTMs too.

I plan to stuff my freezer full of meals and snacks, thought it would be helpful for whoever came over to help with DS to just heat him up a small meal.

I also plan to buy plastic plates, bowls, cups and utensils to help us through those first few weeks when even washing dishes is too hard to keep up with.

I have a premade grocery list of essentials wrote out for DH or any kind soul that offers to pick up groceries for us, I won't have to make up a list on 2 hours of sleep. I also have a list of snacks I like to have on hand for when breastfeeding makes me starve so DH can always make sure I'm well taken care of!

I'm making up a "mommy basket" of essentials for me: a water bottle, tissues, a phone charger, granola bars, breast pads. And things for the kiddos: pacifers, face wipes, etc. Stuff to have on hand when I'm feeding baby so I don't have to get up a zillion plus times.

I plan to stock diapers and wipes for DS and #2, plenty of paper towels, toilet paper, and medicine.

I'm also working on a list of DS's medicine dosages and numbers to the peditrician, in laws, etc cause my DH is forgetful/clueless.

I know this is pretty OCD but I was very unprepared for how small things were so hard after DS, I thought my craziness might help someone lol! And if you have anything to add please do!!

January 9th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
You are so funny! And I thought I was OCD! I am definitely getting nesting urges too. Looking forward to going through all our baby stuff and getting rid of DD's old clothes, since we won't need them anymore, and reassessing what we'll need this time around for a boy.
miss britt likes this.

January 9th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I did the same thing before I had DS. I simply don't have the energy for all that right now. More power to you, girl. When you run outta stuff over there, come do mine?

My Boring Blog
January 9th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Veteran
Lol absolutely! I'm weird and think organizing is fun! I wish I had been so prepared for DS, I really got a reality check when he was born.

January 9th, 2013, 07:26 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow you are sure organized! I have been wanting to do stuff now like pack a hospital bag, and even wishing I could buy stuff like preemie diapers and have preemie clothes on hand just in case. I know I'm being a little nuts but I'm worried this baby will come early and I won't be prepared. I think doing what you did would make me feel really good!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 10th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Ashley Schroeder's Avatar #1 Due in May
Impressive! I'm itching to start nesting, but I have to wait until we move next month. So I'm stuck concentrating on packing for the move (which isn't nearly as fun). This is all very helpful for me as a FTM. Thanks!
January 10th, 2013, 07:07 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
OMG, I had no desire to do any of that... until I read this. WOW, sounds fun and I think it will help with my stress level. haha thank you.

January 10th, 2013, 09:04 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are amazing. I haven't done squat and I'm totally not motivated to do squat either. I hope it will happen!!
January 10th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Regular
I was that way the first time but I hardly have the energy to cook or make it to the store. It sounds fun, I guess I will keep waiting on the surge of energy!!!!
January 11th, 2013, 11:13 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Holy cow are you prepared! I thought I nested pretty badly...but you show me up. I tend toward large and useless projects when I nest...like repaving the driveway, redoing the basement (this times project), and cleaning out the attic. Lol.

But I like your nesting better. I do like the idea of a nursing tote, I think I'll work on getting one of those ready. Thankfully my mom will stock the house with food enough to feed me for a decade and she also knows just about everything under the sun about my kids and their medical needs and such. But I am stealing the nursing box idea. I am sure that will come in handy for me with the other kids. I am also thinking of stocking up on small toys and such for the boys when they are driving me crazy I can pick out a little something (just like a new truck, Dino, or puzzle) and hopefully it will distract them for a while. Enough for me to get what I need to get done.
January 11th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i've been nesting..i cleaned the playroom except my side (crafts and sewing stuff) I cleaned the boys closets and need to do mine...i also need to clean under the stairs and once that is done i'm going to stock up on baby essentials!

January 11th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joy you made me laugh with the preemie stuff. I still have a bunch of boy preemie clothes from my DS so as long as my little girl likes blue im all set with that.

I am starting to get the nursery ready and DH and i are going to look at strollers and car seats tomorrow. I dont have much to do for the baby, mainly just little things.
EverydayJoy likes this.
January 11th, 2013, 03:32 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beth, I know it's silly but it's my latest worry fixation. Haha.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 11th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is not silly at all. Moms worry. I actually kept all those.clothes so i would have then just incase.

Plus i am planning on having.everything done by the end of march so if i get put on bed rest again or have her early i will be all set.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search