Vacation ideas needed

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Memi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 05:30 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After 3 months my boss was finally allowed to return to work, so I can finally take some time off and get away for a few days. I had found a cruise we wanted to take next weekend, but when I called to book it found out they won't allow pregnant women to cruise that will be over 24 weeks by the end of the cruise. I'll be 26 weeks and 2 days. Im totally bummed. Now I'm trying to find a last minute trip but I was so set on cruising nothing sounds good. Any ideas? Where have you gone recently?
January 9th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you fly directly to one of the ports you were looking to go to on your cruise? For example if it was a cruise to the Bahamas can you look into a resort in the Bahamas and just fly there? I'm think the airlines let pregnant women fly without a doctor's note until their 7th month.

January 9th, 2013, 07:12 PM
We thought about that, but it was to Mexico and we really don't want to fly there. I really just wanted the cruise and food part of the trip. Didn't care where it was going. We'll probably end up staying stateside. I was looking at maybe a spa resort or Smoky Mountain National Park. We don't want to go too far north because of the snow. We'd have to buy a whole winter wardrobe to not freeze to death going from southern Louisiana to Boston (which would have been our automatic second choice during summer). I'm just overly depressed about it with all of these hormones flying around. We'll figure something out tomorrow.

PS-Haven't been able to get on here more than a few minutes at a time lately. How are you doing??
January 9th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
how do they enforce this? do you have to disclose that you're pregnant when buying tickets? could you not just lie when you arrived? i was looking at taking a transatlantic cruise and they didn't say anything about not allowing pregnant women..

maybe this will help you? Pregnancy Policies By Cruise Line | All Things Cruise
January 9th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so i guess that's pretty standard policy =/ but it's infuriating!
January 10th, 2013, 02:22 AM
I had considered just not telling them but as I was googling I saw where women were approached in the terminal on occassion if they looked pregnant and weren't allowed to board if they didn't have the paperwork and I'd hate to lose the money if that happened. I understand they're just protecting themselves and acknowledging they cant save a baby born premature onboard if something were to happen, but it still sucks. I just wish I had known before I was all pumped to go.
January 10th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty3281 View Post
PS-Haven't been able to get on here more than a few minutes at a time lately. How are you doing??
I'm doing well. I woke up this morning and feel like I became pregnant literally over night though. I suddenly am moving extremely slow, feels like a weight was placed in my uterus overnight and am having lots of BH when dealing with DS. :/ I hate that I feel and look so much more pregnant so much quicker this time. It's going to make for a very looooooooong third trimester!
How have you been? I was thinking about you earlier this week but have been so busy with work I keep forgetting to PM you!
rheaimedved likes this.

January 10th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Personally, I would find a nice hotel near a beach.
January 10th, 2013, 09:28 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheaimedved View Post
Personally, I would find a nice hotel near a beach.
this sounds so nice! I want to go too!!!

We flew to Memphis for a long weekend over New Years' and I got sick on the second flight on the way down and on the way back. It was awful. Getting sick in an airplane bathroom is just torture.

Is there somewhere close enough that you could drive??
January 10th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Regular
I believe you can fly up to 36 weeks. Have you ever heard of Groupon.com???? They have awesome trips and all at great prices!!! We plan on heading out on our "babymoon" next month or so

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search