belly changes at night question

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Veteran
Ok, I am probabbly over analysizing everything at this point, but as a FTM, I have no idea what to expect really lol .
Anyways, I am wondering if what I am going to explain in the next paragraph is normal and does any of you experience the same thing.

So during the day, my belly is pretty big, people can definetly tell I am pregnant now, I think alot of it it still bloat and just belly swollen ( my belly used to swell when not pregnant so not surprised)
BUT when I go to sleep and I wake up in the morning, my belly is flat except for where the uterus is at. It looks like a jelly bean and I can definetly feel the outline of it ( when I run my fingers over it) it is hard to the touch and goes from my pelvic bone to my belly button only and stops.

But I also noticed that depending of the position I sleep in , whether i sleep on my right or left side, I end up sleeping a bit on my belly as well ( I roll slightly down at night because my hip/leg cramps up when I am laying in my side only so I end up rolling slightly into my belly for support lol) the uterus will change positions! Not alot but slightly! Like it is usually in the front of my belly but this morning, I had shift to my right side because I slept on my left side and I think it squeezed him into my right side. The other day was on my left side.

I hope this made sense!!!

I find it soo weird it actually shifts positions slightly.. I am getting a bit worried!!! Is this normal??!!!

Last edited by Dragonflyldy; January 10th, 2013 at 06:06 AM.
January 10th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just the baby being in different positions hon....totally normal
January 10th, 2013, 07:40 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's probably not your uterus shifting, it's the baby! He or she is just snuggling into different areas. My little guy likes to hang out on the left side of my belly, I can definitely tell a firm lump there, vs soft on the right side. Sometimes he's head down and kicking the top of my uterus, sometimes he's head up and kicking my bladder. At this stage they have room to be pretty mobile!

Also my belly does usually look smaller after I've slept, I think similar to non-pregnant how after a good sleep you look a teeny bit thinner My belly will look bigger at times if my abdominal muscles are all tight, too.
Memi and Elly M. like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 10th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Joy It is weird though, isn't it, lol? Sometimes my little guy is way to the left, sometimes up high, sometimes very low, and I am definatelymuch flatter in the morning also. I hope this helps ease your worries

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

January 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always think I look much more pregnant at night after dinner than I do in the morning. My belly changes every day and it's completely normal.
January 10th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies, depending on how your laying your belly can settle into weird spots. It seems very normal to me.
January 10th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe, im a first timer too. And totally experencing it. Ill wake up in the morning with one side of my tummy harder and after breakfast the baby wigglesback to the front.

So weird how we worry non stop.
January 10th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Veteran
Thanks ladies!!
I was never a worrier and always critized my mom for worrying to much and now with this baby, I worry 24/7! LOL, I cannot help it!
it is so weird, I feel like I have an alien inside me, shapeshifting on me all the time, ahaha! Glad to hear it's normal and I am not like squeezing him to one side or something weird LoL
I knew babies shift and moved but didn't think I would actually SEE it happening, thought my belly was supposed to be big and round all the time and the changes would be internally only LoL - am I for a rude wake up call AHAH

January 10th, 2013, 01:09 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah it gets fun when you're bigger and you get to see the baby roll in your belly, from one side to the other...it's like your stomach is doing the "wave"! So strange feeling!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 10th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
This one sometimes goes toward my back and my belly dissapears. Its not completly gone but you can definately notice the baby has moved in a different position. Dont worry bout all the FTM questions. We all went through the same worries

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search