Team Pink for sure!!!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By markswife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had our follow up ultrasound today and baby girl is definitely a baby girl. I'm so excited although I suspect that DH is a little disappointed that he will be surrounded by crazy chicks as he says. I'm so happy that all we have to buy are diapers and that I get to reuse so many of the cute little outfits that DD wore once or twice.

The tech said that the baby weighs 1 lb, 9 oz which seems so much bigger than four weeks ago. I'm not sure how accurate those measurements are anyways but it sounded huge.

I finally got brave and asked for the delivery report from DD. The doctor we saw today said it just says 4th degree tear with no other details of what happened during delivery. I was really hoping to get some more information about what happened so I'm bummed out. I wasn't a huge fan of the doctor we saw today so I'll just have to pray that he's not on call when I deliver.
Rhonda66 and Memi like this.
January 10th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on another sweet baby girl! I forget--did you have a name picked out yet?

January 10th, 2013, 10:57 AM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to WantingAnother
Awww congrats!! Buying girl clothes is so much fun

January 10th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
January 10th, 2013, 01:03 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah! Congrats! With a fourth degree tear, I would imagine you would be able to choose a C-section if you wanted to? Any thoughts? What does your dr think?
January 10th, 2013, 01:06 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why not talk to the medical records department and ask for a copy of the report for yourself? I would imagine if the baby was in any distress that would have been recorded. I'd also ask for any records on the baby, sometimes they have a separate report for the newborn if there are any complications. If baby went to the NICU, you'd definitely have something on her there. The doc you talked to today might have been glossing over details that you might find pertinent.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 10th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memi View Post
Congrats on another sweet baby girl! I forget--did you have a name picked out yet?
Ugh, no. I still really like the little boy name we had picked out before we found out DD was a girl. We had a terrible time naming DD and I expect the same struggle this time. DH is really good at shooting down my ideas and terrible at providing any of his own. I have some ideas but nothing that I have my heart set on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Yeah! Congrats! With a fourth degree tear, I would imagine you would be able to choose a C-section if you wanted to? Any thoughts? What does your dr think?
Yes, all of the doctors that I have seen so far have said that a C-section is a clear option that would be approved without question if that is what I choose. For as awful as labor and delivery was for me, the recovery was not difficult at all. I'm hesitant to have major abdominal surgery and have a toddler and a newborn to care for unless it's clear that it's an absolute necessity. As we get closer to delivery, we'll really discuss the details and put together a plan.
January 10th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Why not talk to the medical records department and ask for a copy of the report for yourself? I would imagine if the baby was in any distress that would have been recorded. I'd also ask for any records on the baby, sometimes they have a separate report for the newborn if there are any complications. If baby went to the NICU, you'd definitely have something on her there. The doc you talked to today might have been glossing over details that you might find pertinent.
The doctor today said that the hospital may have some records that go into more detail. DD was able to avoid the NICU but they took her straight to the nursery for treatment so there should be records for her too. Her 2 year appointment is on the 21st so I thought I would ask her doctor what was in her file about delivery to see if there was any information in there.

The doctor today was clearly busy and didn't seem excited to provide me any copies that I requested. He said there was just a delivery note that detailed the fourth degree tear and then gave me an explanation of what a 4th degree tear means. Yeah, no ****, I had one so I freaking know what it is. I told him that I wanted to know why there were issues and he claims that's not in the file. I think we see him next time also so I'll just wait until I see one of the female doctors and ask her.
January 10th, 2013, 03:01 PM
That sucks that the office wasn't forthcoming. I would bypass the doctor and talk to the office staff and/or medical records. You could definitely call the hospital med records office too, from my experience they usually just need you to sign a release form and then sometimes you can get the records same day, or have them mailed to you.

January 10th, 2013, 06:07 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'd be concerned about fecal incontinence with another fourth degree tear. I only had a second degree tear, and I'm worried about getting a worse one. Ugh.
January 10th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Kary, I have the same worry. I had a deep 2nd degree, nearly a 3rd degree tear and I worry what will happen next time.

At the same time, I have good hopes for less of a tear this time, because I want to deliver in water and also I will do everything I can to not be induced this time!

Last edited by EverydayJoy; January 10th, 2013 at 06:23 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search