cramping

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im not usually a paranoid person but the last week i feel nervous about everything.

I have been crampy for about 4 days now and im not sure how much cramping is ok. In your opinion what is too much cramping? Currently i have about as much cramping as i usually do with a heavy period.
January 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm for me I might be concerned and go in to the doc's. I have only had crampy feelings when I've done too much or am overly tired, my belly goes all tight and I get crampy down low in the pelvic area. Even that concerned me a little, I keep expecting something to go wrong, but I'm sure it's normal. But 4 days of it, if you haven't been running off your feet doing stuff, then I'd maybe get checked out for peace of mind. You never know, it might be important.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 10th, 2013, 01:22 PM
PS I'm sure it's probably nothing, stuff like that seems to turn out to be fine, in my experience anyway. I was just saying what I would do, being the worrywart that I am and with experiencing a prior loss. And it never hurts to be checked out just to be safe.

January 10th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you Joy! Im waiting for the ob to call me back. I hate being a worry wart but im worrying. I will let you know what they say.
EverydayJoy likes this.
January 10th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Veteran
Two days ago I was freaking out about cramps. I overdid it at work, and by 4:30, I started cramping really bad. Scared the crap out of me. I sat down, stretched by legs out and drank lots of water and sort of helped but really was cramped up all night. I was so tired from hurting, I feel asleep in the sofa at 8.
I was still sore next morning when I woke up but by mid day was fine.
Just make sure you are not doing overdoing it, I didnt know I was overdoing it untill I started cramping up
And of course, as always, call your OB just to be safe

January 10th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I talked to the doctor and she wants to see me in the morning. She said i could go to L&D but i would rather go to the office tomorrow.
January 10th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Veteran
Hope it's nothing serious

January 10th, 2013, 02:57 PM
She wasn't saying you should go to L&D, right? Just that you could if you wanted to? I understand wanting to wait. Hope it's nothing but good news tomorrow! What time do you go in?

January 10th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She said i could go if i wanted to but she also said i could wait till morning if i felt comfortable with that and if nothing changes. I have to call in the morning to make an appointment.
January 10th, 2013, 05:07 PM
OK that sounds reasonable to me. You could always head in to L&D if you get more concerned about it this evening.

January 10th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been having the same thing...just like period cramps though...or like someone kicked me down there....maybe i should be calling and making sure things are fine...i've never felt this before.

January 10th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ii would not worry to much cause the doctor said cramping is normal during the second trimester. The reason they need to see me is because i have a history of preterm labor and my cervix is shortening already. They just want to make sure im not starting up with preterm labor again. But if you have any doubts definatly call. It never hurts to check.
January 10th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't too worried otherwise i would have gone in already...this is my 3rd but i never felt these feelings before...at least not that i remember.

January 10th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My ob said the 3 rd pregnancy is usually very different from the rest. I always feel silly asking her questions that i should know the answers to. Silly stuff like "should my boobs feel like this" and such. The 3rd one is deffinatly very different.
January 10th, 2013, 06:17 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I had a lot of period-like cramping when I had a UTI. It is still on and off since the UTI isn't completely gone. So that is always something to keep an eye on as well. I didn't have any other symptoms, besides peeing a lot, which is kinda typical in pregnancy.
January 10th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Ashlee, good thought there.

Now I'm feeling nervous tonight, starting to get a lot of downward pressure and crampy feelings down low. I'm not really surprised, because of the day I've had trying to take care of my clingy, whiny sick buddy and also not getting a lot of sleep (when your toddler doesn't sleep well, you don't either). I know I get more cramps when I'm sleep deprived and at the end of a long day. Still, baby has been kicking away tonight. So that's reassuring.

January 10th, 2013, 07:05 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get crampy when I haven't drank enough water. I would sit back tonight, drink lots of water and see if that helps. I'd still get checked in the morning. It can't hurt and maybe it might help.
EverydayJoy likes this.
January 11th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was feeling the same the last few days and saw my midwife yesterday she said everything is fine but I prob have a uti so they sent a sample anyway for testing but she also said i might be dehydrated so I'm sure everything is fine x

January 11th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. Im already on antibiotics for a sinus infection so im pretty sure its not a uti and i think im drinking enough water but you never know. Im hopefull that they will see me and say everything is perfect.
rheaimedved likes this.
January 11th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Veteran
Keep us informed on what they tell you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search