What have you bought for baby so far??

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
I have bought 3 outfits so far. The middle one will be his comin home outfit

I want to buy this caseat for him as long as they are still selling it Graco DynamoLite Classic Connect system

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 4 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

January 13th, 2013, 01:21 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
Not a single thing. I feel sort of bad but he is our third boy, and there is nothing we really need. Like, at all. I will probably get him a few things of his own at some point later when we have more money. I don't see us getting much though.
January 13th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got a blanket for her that's about it.... got to get moving

January 13th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Just a pack of cute onesies. He is going to have TONS of clothes from DS#1, so I won't have to really buy him any until he's ready for shoes or I want something special for him.

I need to start a layaway on his crib and stuff at BRU. I wanna sell the furniture in the guest room though so I can use that money to pay for his stuff.

My Boring Blog
January 13th, 2013, 01:54 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
A lot. I go a little crazy with the prep as soon as I find out the sex. I did with both boys as well.

We got her wall letters (just JO, they are 2' tall!) and I want to go to the fabric store and look for curtain and bed skirt fabric this week. My mom makes our "room set" (which is basically just the bed skirt and curtains). I have gotten a bunch of clothes for her, as I knew I would. I got some awesome new girly diapers and some woolies for over fitteds. I bought one pink blanket and one pink towel. My mom bought the outfit that I think is going to be her "going home" outfit. But I think it's gonna be a hard choice. I had difficulties figuring out what to put the boys in for their going home outfits. I apparently am indecisive in that regard.

We don't need furniture or anything though, so it's easy to start with the small stuff and get carried away quickly.
January 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We purchased his whole furniture set and all the décor for his room. My mother in law is making his bedding and we have received a couple outfits as gifts. We also have a baseball going home outfit for him that we actually bought when we were dating. It's a newborn size so I hope he fits! My husband is pretty tall so there's a chance he'll be too long for it.

We have registered for his carseat, stroller, and other necessities. We are getting excited!

January 13th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have some stuff from previous kids. I have bought some diapers and socks so far. Me and the other ladies in my family are planning on doing a shopping day and we will buy a bunch then.
January 13th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I have been given some items, but I haven't bought anything at all for the baby yet. I have to wait until we're all moved. Can't wait to start, though!!!

January 13th, 2013, 02:50 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some summer rompers, a cruising motion soother chair, and 4 velour crib sheets. I have a list and a schedule to buy things. I'm giving myself $100 a month until delivery to buy baby goodies. I want to go on a shopping frenzy, but I'm going to wait until March. When I go on Spring Break in mid-March, I will go NUTS!
Sweet_Mama likes this.

Nichole
January 13th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Regular
I bought..Travel system,Play yard, 10 ofits and Jordans..also blankets
MrsNHigh likes this.

January 13th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Even tho this is my 3rd boy, I don't have any baby clothes cuz I got rid of them a year before I got pregnant. I gave my carseat to my sister n don't wanna use it again cuz this will be the 4th kid using it. It dorsnt expire til 2016 so I still could if I had to

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 4 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

January 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Veteran
I've gotten her a matching outfit to my other daughter, some booties, a bath buddy, swaddlers and that's pretty much it.
January 13th, 2013, 03:56 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
nothing. We just confirmed on Thursday that she is all she. I need nothing since we still have all DD's things. We need to buy DD's new bedroom furniture and get her moved out of the nursery. I'd like to look at a double stroller to see if there is anything I like. I'm not sure how much we will use it. It might be easier to just use two strollers if we go anywhere that we need one. The other thing I would like is a video monitor.

I'd like to get her a coming home outfit that is all hers. The only thing we NEED is diapers.
January 13th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
not a single thing.
January 13th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Super Mommy
Nothing either. I am actually thinking of using all my baby girl's stuff for the new baby even though it's a BOY! haha Good thing I bought half of them in neutral colors though we did receive a lot of girlie clothes. They'll be too little to remember, plus, they'll wear them like a few weeks..? that's it.
rheaimedved likes this.
January 13th, 2013, 05:11 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I bought the Fisher price Rock and Play Sleeper, 2 outfits, a boppy, one of those activity play mats, and 2 nursing covers. Although this is my 3rd I have nothing from my last son because they are 8 years apart and I got rid of everything.

My sister did tell me that she and my mom will be throwing me a "Sprinkle" so Im excited about that. Im starting to feel a little panicked that I wont have enough or what we need by the time he gets here but I know its me starting to nest.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
January 13th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't bought anything big but did get some clothing, including a cute Christmas outfit that was on clearance at Baby's R Us and a couple of cloth diapers. I don't really want to go overboard yet since my sisters are planning on throwing me a shower. It's hard though. I have to completely avoid the baby section when I am at stores!
January 13th, 2013, 07:05 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far I've just bought some newborn binkies and a 4-pack of long-sleeve onesies. I have one newborn sweater knitted up and another one in the works.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 13th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Ltem45
Clothes, it's a good thing it's a boy or I would be even more clothes crazy. I'm not sure what to expect for my baby shower. I know people often don't buy off the registry, but kind of waiting to see what I get at the shower. We are supposedly getting a hand me down crib/dresser from one of my husband's coworkers, and it is supposed to be good quality (they make a lot more money so I think they spent a lot on it). It's not too old, but I guess I will have to find out more so I can make sure it is not a recall.
Very confused on what to do with a stroller. Do I get the infant carseat/ stroller combo or just a regular stroller? I have read different reviews on baby bjorn and other brands, but it sounds like most are not for newborns. I am very klutzy so I can't see myself using a baby sling, too worried I will drop the baby out of it.
January 13th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltem45 View Post
I have read different reviews on baby bjorn and other brands, but it sounds like most are not for newborns. I am very klutzy so I can't see myself using a baby sling, too worried I will drop the baby out of it.
Can I suggest the Mei Tai? I had a baby bjorn and another wrap carrier and they killed my back. You can wear it different ways and it's not like you need a lot of practice to put it on and stuff. It carries a lot of weight comfortably, so you can use it for longer. AND! It's totally customizable!

I have one and my husband loves it because we got two different fabrics on each side and he has his side and I have mine.
Sweet_Mama and Ltem45 like this.

My Boring Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search