Bedroom life check-in

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Pelvic rest. 'nuff said.

My Boring Blog
January 16th, 2013, 05:22 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
It has slowed down some but when it happens its all good! Usually 2 X a week and he's good. Belly does get in the way though but you have to find other positions and lots of foreplay That is key....and always gets my motor running!

Kelsey, I have thyroid issues myself and I need to get checked every month. Every time I go they up my medication because pregnancy completly throws off the thyroid but its important, especially during pregnancy to get it checked to make sure the levels are always under control. I would get it checked if I were you. It could be the reason for the problems you are having and it can easily be fixed with medication.
Sweet_Mama likes this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
January 16th, 2013, 05:33 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just chiming in about the thyroid problems. Definitely ask your doctor if you can get your numbers checked. A couple of months ago I had my numbers checked and they were really bad (almost 10 when it should be at 2.5). I had the same problems where I had no sex drive but I just figured it had to do with being pregnant. I was put on some thyroid medicine to get my numbers back where they should be and only in the last week am I finally starting to feel in the mood again. I just have to take a small pill once a day and the medication is supposed to be 100% safe for baby. And the benefit isn't just getting your sex drive back, it is much better for baby to have a good thyroid. Not to scare you, but if you have a hypothyroid (what I have) it can cause some development problems for the baby as well as some other things. So, it is definitely worth it to get your thyroid numbers checked out.
EverydayJoy and mamamac like this.
January 16th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Veteran
nothing here. :/
Hubby is also freaked out about me having his baby inside me, according to him, he is freaked out about poking the baby with his ...err..equipment AHAHA

But i have no interest too ( which is weird because I was always up for it before) now I really don't care about it.

So I guess it works out for both of us although I do miss the intimacy and I am not quiet sure how he feels about it except that he is to freaked out to do it.
So yeah, I will be 22 weeks tomorrow and we did it twice lol ( once before we found out we were pregnant, i think I was 6 weeks, the other time when i was like 11 weeks? and that was very awkward for both of us, so we sort of gave up on it.
Then hubby got sick with the flu 3 weeks ago so now he is even more freaked out about it because he coughs or sneezes once and he think he is getting sick again and doesn't want to come near me.

Paranoia much? ahaha
EverydayJoy likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have zero interest when pregnant. It's either body aches or sleep deprivation or nausea or any other reason but I'm just not one of those women who goes crazy when pregnant like some. I feel bad for DH bc he will readily admit he finds me sexiest when pregnant. He definitely doesn't have the issue of being freaked out by the baby in my belly. The end of my prengnacy with DS I was all for it though bc I was hopeful it'd jump start my labor...never happend LOL
EverydayJoy likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK.....here goes nothing..... the last time DH and I had sex was the morning of August 28th, which I am pretty sure is when I concieved, lol. In the beggining of the pregnancy we were not allowed to do anything since I am considered high risk. I was not even allowed to "O". The Dr just gave us the OK to go ahead, but it just has not happened. I have always been fit, toned, with a runners type body. So as shallow as I sound, I just can not let him see me naked right now. Even the sight of my boobs gross me out. I know DH doesn't see me the way I see myself ( I have always had "self image"problems and been to couselors for it), but I can't get past it. I am doing pretty good with my weight gain (10lbs so far) and I am proud of my curves right now. It's just that no matter what, I can't feel sexy or attractive right now. I really wish I could change me state of mind for my DH. He is a wonderful man and has been so wonderful through everything. I am very lucky
RinkMom and mamamac like this.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

January 16th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks everyone for your comments! I will make an appt with my doctor and let her know that Thyroid issues run in my family and see what they can do. I didnt mean to post so much detail... I just kept typing and it felt good to talk to you all about it. I feel like I was heard You ladies are a wonderful group and I feel like each one of us truly cares about each other
Elly M. and rheaimedved like this.

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

January 16th, 2013, 11:00 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We haven't had sex since the day we conceived. And both of us are fine with that. We keep a regular, open dialogue about our feelings, needs, and desires and sex is something that comes pretty far down the list for both of us during pregnancy.

It had nothing to do with my body, I love my pregnant body. And he is not afraid to hurt the baby. It's just not something either of us has energy or desire to do during pregnancy. We are both fairly low-drive individuals anyway (mine is a combo of medication and naturally low-testosterone, DHs just isn't that high naturally). So it's not like either of us are suffering through it.

If one or the other wanted sex during pregnancy it's not off limits. We got married when I was preggo with Liam and went on our honeymoon, where we had sex (I was 20 weeks). But given my issues in the beginning of pregnancy and the fact that I am generally pretty irritable and exhausted, it's not something we regularly put on the agenda. But, frankly, our marriage is as strong as ever...I guess we are lucky that we have other ways to express physical intimacy and maintain that feeling of closeness without sex.

Its just a short span of time. Plus, there is something to be said for "making up for lost time." Lol. We both just prefer non-pregnant sex. I save my energy right now for my midnight waker and not ripping my husbands head off over leaving socks on the floor for the fifth time this week.
January 16th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's nothing happening in our bedroom except sleep. I feel bad for DH because he's definitely suffering, but I've been SO SICK for the last month that I'm lucky if i can go 2 minutes without coughing to the point of choking, so getting any or helping DH out is just..not happening.

I've been steadily starting to feel better the last few days though, so hopefully we'll be able to get some action going (both DH and I had a dream the same night of me getting ticked off at him groping me and trying to get some..haha..obviously it's on our minds).
EverydayJoy likes this.
WTTC #2
January 16th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Veteran
We are pretty good here. Still fairly regular but it is a little more awkward as my belly gets bigger. DH thinks I am sexy but I just feel big. I try not to think about what my body looks like when we are dtd.

January 16th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really got a high sex drive at the moment, so i am pretty happy with are sex life right now. He is just so scared to be on top cause he is so scared he is going to hurt the baby.

January 16th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Slower, but not over lol. I just feel uncomfortable physically, even when on my side and DH doesn't seem as into it as usual either. Think it just comes with the territory. I love my PG body, I think PG bellies are gorgeous, no shame there, but it just feels too cumbersome. Sleeping has been a real b^@%$ too, waking up throughout the night and tossing and turning to get comfortable, feet are hurting too - blaaahhhh...
January 16th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Ltem45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflyldy View Post
nothing here. :/
Hubby is also freaked out about me having his baby inside me, according to him, he is freaked out about poking the baby with his ...err..equipment AHAHA

Too funny!
January 16th, 2013, 07:35 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rhonda, I'm with you! I can't seem to get comfortable in any position, and my favorite one (missionary) now is not possible anymore. I just can't breathe properly while on my back! Pregnancy definitely changes things!
I've had a lot of trouble sleeping too, hard time falling and staying asleep. DH tells me I snore like an old man (just while pregnant), so I wonder if my own snoring is waking me up, lol. I take Calms Forte, made by Hyland's, and it sure helps me get some decent sleep. I take it before bed and when I wake up in the middle of the night after it's worn off---I think it lasts about 4-5 hours.
Rhonda66 likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 17th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've done it ONCE since I became pregnant - I have no sex drive at all. The one time we did it was just a couple weeks ago, and it was just icky. Didn't feel good AT ALL. Won't be doing it again until after.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
January 17th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
I've had a lot of trouble sleeping too, hard time falling and staying asleep. DH tells me I snore like an old man (just while pregnant), so I wonder if my own snoring is waking me up, lol. .
I'm pretty sure my own snoring woke me up from a nap the other day. My husband has started sleeping with ear plugs, and it's been a life saver.
EverydayJoy likes this.
January 18th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
we're only able on the weekends really because we both have school schedules. I work full time and got to school full-time and he goes to school full time and does HW (graphic design projects) pretty much the rest of the day. He's okay with no loving during the week and burns his aggression with late night gym sessions but we make time on weekends and it definitely is still fun.
I'm dreading the after when you bfeed you dry up down there!
EverydayJoy likes this.

January 18th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Ltem45
Glad to know I am not the only one sawing logs.
EverydayJoy likes this.
January 18th, 2013, 07:04 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah it only happens to me when I'm pregnant. My DH recorded me once just to prove how loud it was! LOL It was funny. I did sound pretty bad. I'm just hoping there's no apnea going on. But seems ok far as I can tell.
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search