Birth Announcements?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2013, 12:12 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Ok, so I know it's early, but have you all started thinking about birth announcements yet? The choices online can be so overwhelming! It's a good idea to have them picked out before baby is born.

I loved the one we used for DS - it was actually from a nice paper store. They had a girl version of his at the time, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe they don't make it anymore. Which means its back to the drawing board!
January 18th, 2013, 12:13 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we don't do birth announcements
MrsNHigh likes this.

January 18th, 2013, 12:40 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We didn't do any with DS. It's overwhelming enough just having a baby!
Skimboardin Mama and MrsNHigh like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 18th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh I'm actually making my own. I'm 'pre scrapbooking' them and will add a few newborn pictures from our photoshoot that my mom will add in for me after the baby is born!
I really love crafting and scrapbooking and like the idea of making mine myself vs picking from a template.
EverydayJoy likes this.

January 18th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't do once with DS bc we sent out Chirstmas cards when he was just two months old. I felt it would be over kill at the time.

I'm not sure this time. I really haven't thought about it. I am planning to do a newborn photo session so I could easily make one online with a favorite shot from that.

January 18th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have never done birth announcements and i wont do them this time. I think they are so cute but im not one to make a big fuss about stuff like that. I like to keep alot of my personal life private. My husband and i will both post pictures at our work so they can all see our cutie.
January 18th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not doing them. I remember wedding invitations - they were bad enough, I do not want to go through that AGAIN.. hahaha

I'll just do what friends have done - when people give me things, my thank you cards will include a professional picture of the baby and that will be that!
EverydayJoy and Whiterozse like this.
WTTC #2
January 18th, 2013, 03:45 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Yeah, I dont think Im doing them either. I never did it with my other 2. I will just take pics of baby every few months and give a few to close family. One thing we will most likely have done is the hospital picture. I took them with my other 2. I like having it for my own keepsake. Birth announcements are cute but to me, I dont think people appreciate them anymore. I do want to take really cute newborn pics though

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
January 18th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I make digital ones...i just do it like a month after the baby is born and hand out at the baby show (aka) meet the baby for us.

January 18th, 2013, 05:11 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I will do any. No one in my family ever does so I guess because of that I never really understood the point. To me they just seem like something extra to spend money and time on. But, that being said, I have seen some really cute ones online!
January 18th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Definitely will not be doing that. People will figure it out for themselves sooner or later.
January 18th, 2013, 06:43 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Wow, I'm surprised so many people don't do them. Everyone I know has always sent them out so I just thought that was the norm! Interesting.
January 19th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Not doing them either! We'll put the money toward pictures and give those to the people who value the hard copies

January 19th, 2013, 06:25 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cousin is a professional photographer and did DD's newborn shoot and made the announcements for us. I LOVED them so I ordered a bunch. I'll do the same with this LO.
January 19th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Ltem45
I am not planning on birth announcements. I will do newborn photos and email them.
January 19th, 2013, 08:21 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I personally love doing and getting newborn announcements, but I am very old fashioned in that regard. I still send out paper thank you notes for every single gift we get. And send handwritten letters to people as a form of communication (even though we have emails and facebooks and such).

We will find a basic one we like online and my husband will recreate it for us in photoshop. We have never paid more than $15 for announcements. With each of the boys, I had two separate announcements. One was a front with a picture and the stats with a second picture on the back. And the others have the same front, but a smaller picture on the back and have a space that says "Thank you" and a place for me to write a short thank you note. It worked out great. So we will do that again this time. We also have an excel program with all of our addresses so all we have to do is compile a list and print out the labels. So we have a simple system.

I prolly won't look until after we get back newborn pics and I know how many shots I want to use and what format I want.
Ashley Schroeder and mamamac like this.
January 19th, 2013, 10:24 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just tell people the baby is born and post/email pictures. I don't do birth announcement, Christmas cards, thank you cards, etc. I have no manners at all! Couldn't care less either! lol!
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

Nichole
January 19th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
I personally love doing and getting newborn announcements, but I am very old fashioned in that regard. I still send out paper thank you notes for every single gift we get. And send handwritten letters to people as a form of communication (even though we have emails and facebooks and such).

We will find a basic one we like online and my husband will recreate it for us in photoshop. We have never paid more than $15 for announcements. With each of the boys, I had two separate announcements. One was a front with a picture and the stats with a second picture on the back. And the others have the same front, but a smaller picture on the back and have a space that says "Thank you" and a place for me to write a short thank you note. It worked out great. So we will do that again this time. We also have an excel program with all of our addresses so all we have to do is compile a list and print out the labels. So we have a simple system.

I prolly won't look until after we get back newborn pics and I know how many shots I want to use and what format I want.
Where do u get them from ?

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

January 20th, 2013, 01:21 AM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
We didn't do birth announcements for DS, but the thought did cross my mind lol! I actually attempted to write out a few, but never got past that point . I *might* do birth announcements with DD this time just for fun, but chances are everyone will get a very casual digital announcement via FB, haha! ;P

January 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Mama View Post
Where do u get them from ?
We print them through White House Publishing. It's a website for "businesses." But anyone can get an account. It has a $15 minimum order and, naturally, the prints are more expensive than say Wal-mart. But the quality is awesome. We got this cool finish on Kierans annoucements that made them look like they had a glowy sheen over the whole thing and we got so many comments on how cool they were (they were very simple ones). You can just upload your design and order however many you need. I am spoiled that DH is so skilled at photoshop to be able to create them. I know some of the templates out there are adorable, but sooooo pricey!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search