Odd moment...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By Elly M.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Since the thought of a possible pregnancy in September last year, I quit my intense workout sessions. making sure I didnt strain myself.
Today was the first day in months that I saw my Zumba instructor and of course her questions included my absence to her sessions and my facebook profile. (I deleted my facebook the moment I found out I was expecting) anyways as we talked I revealed my pregnant belly.

My exact words "your classes got me into such good shape, for the first time I felt so much sexier then I did in high school and apparently Isaiah felt the same that he just couldnt help himself!! THANKS A LOT!!" lol
She of course started laughing. She knew my weightloss struggles first hand and I owe her so much for my complete body make over, although I wish I enjoyed it longer, I was finally healthy enough to concieve.

In the middle of our conversation, an old classmate joined in on our conversation with some rather rude comments. Her thought on my pregnancy was "Its about time you got pregnant, now you fit in with the rest of us, you no longer need to act like your better then your peers"
Sadly my hormones didnt let her get away with any of that. I unleashed my mama juice and admitted to acting better, only cause I feel well accomplished at this point in my life. I didnt have a child in high school like my classmates and I am proud of myself for allowing myself to get educated, find a career and even travel while I was in high school and even after I graduted.

It was very odd for someone to approach me in a place least expected. I think I walked away with a victory.

Any of you mamas ever get attacked like that by your old classmates?
I need better comebacks if this should ever happen again...lol
Ltem45 likes this.
January 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good for you! I usually get the opposite kind of snide comments. I get the "oh your so young, why commit now" and the " babies are alot of work, we have not even finished college yet. Are you sure you can handle it" i usually just ignore them. I know i did things young and fast but i love my life just the way it is.

You could have told " ya i figured it was about time i stooped to your level" or something like that. I can be very rude when needed.
January 25th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
what a catty *******!
January 25th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
I think mommy hormones sometimes give us more confidence lol. Good for you!

Igot told I have become boring after I had children. It was by an old friend whose baby was about a month old and she had had 2 previous abortions. She finally found someone worthy of giving her a child. **** low life. Urh. I KNOW I am better than her! Lol she would have just as many kids as me haha

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

January 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Mama View Post
I think mommy hormones sometimes give us more confidence lol. Good for you!

Igot told I have become boring after I had children. It was by an old friend whose baby was about a month old and she had had 2 previous abortions. She finally found someone worthy of giving her a child. **** low life. Urh. I KNOW I am better than her! Lol she would have just as many kids as me haha
Ha!! Boring?! Wow!! I bet she's kicking herself in the butt cause now she ain't so fun either being a new mom. And who is she to talk after two abortions. She was lucky to even be able to concierge!! Who is she!!
People like that need their own isolated community!
Sweet_Mama likes this.
January 26th, 2013, 06:48 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really think that your success speaks for itself without any witty comeback. Her statements speak more to her dissatisfaction with her choices than they do about anything you've done. It's too bad people can't spend as much time building each other up as they do tearing each other down.
January 26th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think your comeback was great! It was not immature (like her) and what could she possibly answer that with, lol?
I had my son young (I was 20) and I over heard my aunt and grandfather talking about how horrible my situation was ( I was married and doing very well for myself, on our own)
It was everything I had not to cry at their hurtful words, but I put a smile on face and walked up to them and said "I am so sorry you feel that way, but we are so happy to welcome our baby into this family and I am pretty sure everyone else feels that way also. I can not wait to be a mother and I know I am going to be a **** good one." They just stopped chewing their food and stared at me. When I turned to walk away, I saw my Dad just grinning at me and that made me feel so much better.
People just don't think sometimes, and I feel that when they choose to say something so stupid (for lack of a better word) like your "friend" did, they need to be in their place. Well done you!!
TeeCee likes this.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search