Posting a Sign

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By Themrs0523
  • 2 Post By Sweet_Mama
  • 2 Post By Themrs0523
  • 2 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By SunnyBunnyMama
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 1 Post By Liztastic
  • 1 Post By Counting our Blessings

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been reading a lot about NCB to prepare myself and one thing that keeps coming up is that unwelcome visitors can actually make you cease to progress.

I want to post a sign on the labor and delivery door that says "FRIENDS AND FAMILY please knock and someone will come to the door to let you in" that way my husband and mom can handle crowd control and let people know they need to wait in the waiting room until we are ready for them to come see little one.

What do you guys think?
Elly M. and MrsNHigh like this.
January 25th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
I wouldnt tell anyone I was in labor til after baby was born. People will be texting ur phone and bothering you asking is the baby here yet and they can become quite impatient even tho babies come when they want. I learned from that mistake with my first and I didn't tell anyone with my second besides my sister and dad bcuz I knew they couldn't come. My mom n hubby were with me while I delivered and it was nice.
Skimboardin Mama and MrsNHigh like this.

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

January 25th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Oh yes, I am not planning on telling anyone other than my in laws and my parents. Unfortunately, that means that my dad and my husband's parents will be in the waiting room. Also afterwards, I want time to nurse before people start coming in.

That is more of the purpose of the sign.
Sweet_Mama and Mrsbowbin like this.
January 25th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In laws and parents?! Already sounds like too many! Yeah, I'd put up a sign. And have something on hand to chuck at the door if anyone comes in.
EverydayJoy and Sweet_Mama like this.
January 25th, 2013, 01:39 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Putting a sign wouldn't hurt anything, but as someone who works in a hospital I can tell you there are plenty of people who will read a sign and go in anyway assuming it's for everyone but them. It might be more helpful to have somebody watching the door to keep people from just going in anyway.
January 25th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree. Or u can ask a hospital staff member to tell people no one is allowed til after ur done nursing

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

January 25th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Veteran
What's NCB?

I remember from my first pregnancy that you can also tell the nurse that you don't want people (certain people) to be present and then the nurse can just take the blame or come up with any excuse...
Sweet_Mama likes this.
January 25th, 2013, 03:16 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was in the hospital with my son the nurse always asked before they let people come in my room. But yes a sign would be fine, that way the nurses also will know your wishes and can help keep people out of your room until you're ready for them. I would also have whoever is in there with you be willing to get mean if they need to so you can have your privacy.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM
NCB is natural child birth
January 26th, 2013, 06:44 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We didn't tell anyone we were at the hospital until after DD was born. it was perfect!!! If that won't work for you, I think telling a nurse would probably be more helpful than a sign. I'd be afraid that people would assume it meant everyone but them.
rheaimedved likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Just tell your nurse and ask her to tell the reception desk clerk. That way, when someone wants to come back, the reception lady will ask your nurse if it's okay for whoever to come back. If you don't want visitors during labor, they'll just say they're checking you or doing a procedure or something.

When I had DS, I asked to be registered as a confidential patient because I worked at the hospital and I didn't want everyone I knew coming up to see me. I wanted it to be private. I'm delivering at the same hospital and I'm still gonna ask to be registered that way. Only my husband and my parents will allowed to come into the room.

My Boring Blog
January 28th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just wouldn't tell them if you know they won't respect your wishes. How long are they really going to sit in waiting room?

January 28th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm weird when it comes to birthing and visitors. I'll let people know when I'm in labor however, I also tell them that I'll call to let them know once baby is there and when I'll be comfortable to have visitors. I understand people want to see the baby, but they need to understand that I just pushed something out my vagina and I'll be exposed every 2-3 hours trying to get baby latched properly and making sure baby is eating/gaining. I'm just not shy when it comes to me needed to "schedule" people in for visits at the hospital. If people do show up unannounced I'm not shy about nursing, I'll leave my boob plopped out without cover because nursing is more important that the visitor. If it makes them uncomfortable they can step out until we're done. There is no way I'm unlatching baby for them.
Purrrrrrr likes this.

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
January 28th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Another thought, if you're doing a NCB, there is such intense concentration that I wouldn't want people around and be trying to focus.

It's such a personal moment, that I wouldn't want anyone but me and hubby there.
rheaimedved likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Yes I'm starting to see that. We have decided that we are going to labor at home for as long as possible and not tell anyone until we are in the hospital and I feel ready to call.
January 28th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I wouldn't tell anyone either! I only wanted my mom, stepdad, bro and husband at the hospital last time....

all we did was post something on fbook saying I was in labor and DH's brother and now ex-wife showed up and waited ALL day! They didn't even know what hospital we were delivering at or from this town or anything. It was not cool. After delivering you have that hour bonding time anyway Let that be special with just you, DH and baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search