Newborn Photography?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JandJC

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I am really interested in getting some professional pictures taken but I started looking at the prices and nothing is under $600!! That is crazy! I think I paid $600 for my wedding pictures 6 years ago (in Michigan though...) Most of the ones I've found online are almost $1,000--I'm in Connecticut.

Are you going to get professional pictures?

If you have other kids, did you get it for them and did you think it was worth it?

Anyone know of anyone in CT that is cheaper? haha
January 25th, 2013, 04:18 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Hi,

We had a thread about this exact topic about a month ago...here's the link so you can see responses. It's not cheap, but I think it was worth it.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...y-arrives.html
January 25th, 2013, 05:31 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my own DSLR camera, and I've been collecting pins on pintrest about newborn photography, so I'm actually going to try to do it myself. I'm really into photography and very independent, so I prefer to do it myself...even if it's not as amazing as a professional's would be!

Nichole
January 25th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Hi,

We had a thread about this exact topic about a month ago...here's the link so you can see responses. It's not cheap, but I think it was worth it.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...y-arrives.html
Oops, sorry! I should have searched. Thanks for the link
January 26th, 2013, 03:24 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
What about some place like JCPenny or Babies R Us?

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
January 26th, 2013, 03:33 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm splurging on the maternity photos so prob won't be able to afford newborn photos. My cousin did our engagement photos, my sister did our wedding photos, and DH has a passion for photography as well so we'll prob just do them ourselves. We'll see though. I think it's worth it if it's in your budget, but I wouldn't stress other financial obligations to make it happen. There are definitely cheaper routes you can go that will still look nice.
January 26th, 2013, 03:46 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcperez View Post
What about some place like JCPenny or Babies R Us?
I will most likely be doing one of these packages from Babies R Us. I cant afford $600.00 PLUS for photography.

Kiddie Kandids - Portrait Collections

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
January 26th, 2013, 06:09 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
My photography was only $350 and it includes newborn, 6 month, and 1 year sessions. I completely agree that $600 is a lot!!! Look on craigslist for people just getting started or maybe try getting references from people you know to see if you can find something more reasonable!
lovingmyfamily8 likes this.

January 26th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Veteran
We are doing the same as Josie.
$350 which includes- maternity, newborn, 6 mo.. and 1 year + 25 free birth announcements. It took me a long time to find this lady but the research was worthwhile to find a good one in my price range. I agree- check craigslist!

January 26th, 2013, 11:35 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty sure we won't be able to afford any kind of professional photography, maternity, newborn or otherwise. We'll just get lots of candid shots!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 26th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DS I bought the pictures that the company took at the hospital. Then our Christmas pictures were taken when DS was only 2 months old so between those two photo shoots I didn't have an official newborn session with a pro.

This time I'm planning to have newborn pictures taken. I want them mainly of just the baby but I'm hoping for one really great shot of both of my boys together I think we're only paying around $300 max though. I need to go back and look bc I honestly can't remember her pricing.

January 27th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never paid for others to take pics or gone to a photo studio...i've done/do them all myself

January 28th, 2013, 05:19 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Could you try finding a local photographer who is just starting out? The pictures may not be as nice but they should be much more affordable. This is what DH and I are planning on doing. We have a friend who started her own business about a year ago and our baby will be her first newborn photoshoot, assuming no one else inquires about it in the next few months. I realize that we may be missing out on some of the cute props and such that the experienced photographers have but she is very talented and I know we will love our pictures! Plus, it is a nice way to help someone just starting out to build their portfolio.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search