Shots to keep baby in? pre-term labor? anyone have history of pre-term labor?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 07:20 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I had my first son at 35 weeks
I had my second at 39 weeks (but was dilated at 29 weeks and on bedrest)
No issues with my third son, I was REALLY lazy and he was born at 39 weeks.
SO anyway,
Doctor has been checking me once a month via ultrasound to make sure I am not dilating.
Last ultrasound was a week ago (25 weeks)
I am not dilated, yeah!
My cervix was 3.3 cm long when I was checked, I think the time before at 20 weeks I was about 3.6?
Anyway I am really not worried about it.
cervical lengths?? - Discussion - Preemie Support Community - Inspire
* At 16 to 20 weeks, normal cervical length is 4.0 to 4.5 cm
* At 24 to 28 weeks, normal cervical length is 3.5 to 4.0 cm
* At 32 to 36 weeks, normal cervical length is 3.0 to 3.5 cm

Doctor told me if when I go in next (feb 18, 29 weeks pregnant) if my cervix is 2 or shorter he would start giving me shots to make sure baby stays in.
Anyone ever had these?
I dont think I need it... I mean I was dilated at 29 weeks with my second and was dilated for 10 weeks before I had him and all I had was strict bed rest.
If I am dilated at 29 weeks again, I get that it would be more serious.
But I dont think I need shots because my cervix is thinning... I mean I was at a 4 and 100 effaced for 2 weeks with my second son.. so thinning cervix doesnt really mean labor to me.. I dont know?
What do you ladies think?

January 26th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know much about this, but a friend of a friend just had her son at 32 weeks. I know she was given steroid shots and I think extra caffiene somehow to help baby since they knew he was going to end up being born premature. Next time I see her I will ask her about it.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

January 26th, 2013, 11:22 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wonder if the doctor is wanting to give you progesterone shots? I don't know what kind of shots they give to help keep baby in. Maybe you could ask for some more information next time you see him?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 26th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im on progesterone to prevent preterm labor, that is probably what the doctor would put you on. My cervix is at 2.5 and the doctor said if i drop below a 2 then i will need a cerclage. I think the standards are different based on the womans history. Hopefully nothing changes and you stay above a 3.
January 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi... I am on progesterone shots once a week for preterm labor. They aren't too bad!!! Don't worry too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcogoli View Post
Im on progesterone to prevent preterm labor, that is probably what the doctor would put you on. My cervix is at 2.5 and the doctor said if i drop below a 2 then i will need a cerclage. I think the standards are different based on the womans history. Hopefully nothing changes and you stay above a 3.
saw that you are on progesterone too... Just curious if you had any trouble getting it covered by your insurance. I am having trouble with it because of these NDC #'s. Do you know anything about that??? Just curious...BTW I am from April DDC.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search