Hip pain, muscle spasms, and fast heart beat

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kenzie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2013, 09:08 PM
BriLandy's Avatar Veteran
Hi everybody,

I'm now 24 weeks 1 day and have been experiencing some interesting new symptoms. For about a week, I had intense pain on the right side of my hip in the joint and it hurt to walk and turn directions. I kept getting random muscle spasms all over my body and heard that an iron deficiency may have been the cause, so I picked up some iron supplements and since then have noticed them less. However, I've started getting pains in my sides that I can't really describe, but they're pretty bad. I also started noticing that my blood volume is so high that I can see my pulse in various spots on my body - at which point I noticed that my heart rate is really fast.

This is my first pregnancy so everything is new to me and I'm unsure of what is normal or not. Do these symptoms sound normal? The hip and side pain seem reasonable but I'm unsure of the high blood volume/fast pulse rate and muscle spasms. I don't know if these are things to bother the doctor about now, or if they can wait until my next appointment.

Besides the negative things, baby is doing great. I definitely feel like I've started the third trimester because little lady is sucking all of my energy in order to kick, flip, and push her way around - that's pretty exciting.

Baby girl, due May 18th, 2013.

Bri
January 27th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Ltem45
Maybe Braxton Hicks? I have had all kinds of pain lately and some side cramps. I am pregnant with my first so not even sure what a BH should feel like. Sometimes I think maybe I am just dehydrated.
January 27th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you taking your pulse? Blood pressure? Do you exercise at all? Can you be more specific about the pain in your side? i.e. is it like a cramp when you're running, is it dull/sharp, how frequently does it happen, etc??

And, everyone will tell you this, but you aren't bothering your doctor. Write down everything that's happening, what you're doing (e.g. taking iron supplements), how it's progressing, and give them a call tomorrow. It'll help if you can say that your pulse is much higher than usual (during certain activities? at a certain time of the day?) and especially if you can take your blood pressure (most pharmacy chains have those automatic cuffs you can just walk in and use)
January 27th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
And when you say spasms, do you mean an extreme pain, or more like twitching? If it's the latter it could be from a range of things: stress, exercise, and caffeine being main examples. It can also be from a potassium deficiency, so try eating some bananas if that's the case.
January 27th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Rapid heart rate is common but as for the other things I'm not too sure. I know I get cramps in my legs from not drinking enough water or having enough potassium on some days.

Maybe giving more info will help the ladies tell you more

January 28th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
For a couple of weeks, I was getting a bad pain in my hip. It literally felt like bone on bone. Turns out Carter was sitting really low and it was closer to my hip. Hope you get some relief soon!
Mrsbowbin likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 04:37 PM
BriLandy's Avatar Veteran
I'm in school to me a medical assistant so I have my own blood pressure cuff and measure my own pulse. I was relaxing in the bath and I didn't have a watch but it seemed close to 90 BPM. My blood pressure is consistently within the normal range so that's not a worry.

I don't exercise much honestly, baby has been sucking my energy from day 1. As far as the side pain, like I said it's hard to compare it to something, but it feels like something is tearing and I've noticed it either randomly or after she kicks my side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheaimedved View Post
Are you taking your pulse? Blood pressure? Do you exercise at all? Can you be more specific about the pain in your side? i.e. is it like a cramp when you're running, is it dull/sharp, how frequently does it happen, etc??

And, everyone will tell you this, but you aren't bothering your doctor. Write down everything that's happening, what you're doing (e.g. taking iron supplements), how it's progressing, and give them a call tomorrow. It'll help if you can say that your pulse is much higher than usual (during certain activities? at a certain time of the day?) and especially if you can take your blood pressure (most pharmacy chains have those automatic cuffs you can just walk in and use)

Baby girl, due May 18th, 2013.

Bri
January 28th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is it possible it was partly due to the heat of the bath or have there been other incidents as well? When is your next appointment?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search