Who's doing a baby book?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By mrsjl
  • 1 Post By bcogoli
  • 1 Post By Sapphera

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 07:43 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just bought one yesterday at BRU and can't wait to get started on it. Though, I wish I bought it a little sooner since there are spaces to fill in for things like "first time I heard the heartbeat" and "first time I felt a kick" and I don't know exact dates for those!

Have you bought one yet or are you planning too?
January 28th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not going to buy a fill in the blank book or anything, I have one specific to pregnancy and I actually really don't like it, and never really filled it out. I do scrapbook though, so I've been keeping and collecting all kinds of momentos and keeping track of dates that are pregnancy related so that I can include those too! It'll be much more 'crafty' I'll probably only do a page or two spread on pregnancy (including belly shots, and then do one for baby's first year. and follow that up with a spread/year for each kids to give them when they graduate! I'm really excited to scrapbook their whole lives!
MrsLisaT likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 08:24 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yup, I have a baby book for each of my babies.

this is the one I have for my daughter

this is the one I have for my son

this is the one I have for the new baby

I am also known to give them as gifts at baby showers. my daughter is 5 and other than her special blankie, the ONLY thing I still pick up regularly that I got when she was born is her baby book. it's such a nice keepsake.
MrsLisaT likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im making scrapbooks for each of them.
MrsLisaT likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I have the one my mom did for me for after I was born (I'm adopted), and I think I'll probably do the same. I love love love that she did it and I always have fun when I go back and re-read it and would love to do the same for my kids.
MrsLisaT likes this.
NTNP #2
January 28th, 2013, 10:29 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I was creative enough to do a scrapbook myself. I've considered it but I just don't know if I could make it look nice. My mom did baby books for me and my 2 sisters but with each child she filled in less and less. Mine is pretty bare! I set a goal for myself that I will not do that and will make sure to keep up with the fill ins for every child I may have!
January 28th, 2013, 10:31 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I make sure to keep them all up to date.

a tip about filling in the dates for first kicks, heartbeat, etc... I would just ballpark it. you must have an inkling of an idea of when it happened, but as time goes on you wont even have that. so I would just put down your best guess. i doubt your baby will care

January 28th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't find one I really like and there are always so many things in them that don't apply to me anyway, so I've decided instead of a baby book I'm going to do a photo book after the baby's first birthday and just keep track of special dates and stats until then.
January 28th, 2013, 10:54 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I keep them for the boys and will this time as well. I am anal about making sure to keep it updated. I have both the one from me as a baby and the one from my husband and it's uncanny to see the certain things my boys take after the two of us (Liam is nearly DHs carbon copy, even to teeth appearance order!)

I am also a scrapbooker, but I found I never had time to sit down and scrapbook Liam's after he was born. I made a really nice album with Pre-done pages (I did it while I was preggo) and a couple nice spreads for belly pics and sonogram pics. But after that it is still blank. Life got a little nuts when he got here. BUT, I have all the dates written down and I am good about taking pictures, so I can finish it at any time. Although I don't know if I will. I also made each boy a "first year collage" that we hung up on their first birthday so friends and relatives could see the progression with both pictures and I put milestones on there too. So I think I will leave it as those two things. I might scrapbook more when they hit school age. But I have the first year pretty well documented. Lol.
January 28th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm generally disinterested in scrapbooking and journaling, but my parents did a "baby's first year" kind of book and i've always loved going through it, so i'll probably do something like that too.
January 28th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
My sister bought a baby book for me. It's this one:

Amazon.com: Hallmark Baby BBA7006 Owl Five Year Album Girl

January 28th, 2013, 07:17 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one for DD and I was great about updating it until she was about 6 months. I also kept a little notebook of things we did, people who visited, milestones, etc. I've really fallen off on updating that too. I love to look at my baby book when I'm at my mom's. I hope she loves hers also.
January 29th, 2013, 04:20 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I will do one too. I just havent gotten it yet. I have one for each of my boys.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
January 29th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've done both a pregnancy book and a baby book for each of my girls so far!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search