Weight/baby/insurance

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama
  • 1 Post By Sweet_Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my appointment

Baby was kicking the doctor the entire time.
Heartbeat sounded great. In the 140's.
I seem to be going up and down with my measurements. Last appointment I was measuring a week ahead. Today I was between 24-25 weeks. I really didn't change much. I'm really concerned about my weight. I'm not sure how much is right to gain or not too.
My doctor acts like I over react with it all. I put on 4 pounds since January 7th. Personally I think that's to much. So I'm not sure what enough is suppose to be.

As for my insurance... Ugh!!! I'm Native American. Not an immigrant. But my insurance sure acts like it. Now they want me to present my certificate of Indian blood before I continue to get help. I am pissed. Not sure what to do now.
rheaimedved likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha you're the complete opposite of an immigrant! Hope you get that sorted out soon.

Your weight gain is right on track. Stop freaking out. Totally normal for measurements to change like that. I haven't had an ultrasound in 6 weeks... which is a total record, because I'd had 6 before 20 weeks. At no point did the measurements add up exactly, but he's always been on the larger end...
Purrrrrrr likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 12:22 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure having had issues with weight make this weight gain difficult for you, but its going to be ok. After the first trimester, you should gain a pound a week. I'm already up 18 lbs, and I gained 50 pounds with my son...lost it all in 12 weeks. If you aren't pigging out on junk food all the time, then just let your body do what it needs to do to support that baby. Don't know what to tell you about the insurance...that's crazy.
Glad the baby is doing well.

Nichole
January 28th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't make me remind you how much weight I've gained
MrsNHigh likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That all sounds great! Im glad you and baby are doing well.

Insurance companies just like to be difficult. Hopefully you get it sorted out soon.
January 28th, 2013, 01:06 PM
May 2013 Cohost
1-2 lbs a week is normal during second trimester. It may slow down in 3rd trimester. If you're dr thinks you're ok, trust him/her.
January 28th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
I read online that sometimes up to 6 lbs of weight gain around week 20 is normal because you are starting retain more fluid.

Hope that helps
January 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay
Yea. I was big on my weight. Prior to getting pregnant I had lost a bunch of weight. Since I've been pregnant ive gained 6 pounds or 7. But those few pounds feels like a million.
As for my certificate of Indian blood. I'm hoping to get all this covered. I am only concerned about getting covered for delivery. That's my main concern.

Ugh on top of being sick I have to be running around in the rain for all my papers.
January 28th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
That amount of weight gain is on track. You're doing great! Hopefully certifying your blood won't be too difficult.

Hope you're feeling better!!!
TeeCee likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe
Thank u ladies

You all are so awesome!!
January 28th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Don't worry bout the weight too much. Once the baby comes out ur defiantly gonna lose between 6 to 8 pounds instantly plus if u breast feed that helps too. I lost about 20lbs in the first week with both boys but never lost the other 20 cuz I was too lazy to work it off. Good luck to u!
TeeCee likes this.

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

January 28th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sweet!
I do plan on breast feeding.
I did hear that helped ALOT!

Thanks!! Ill need luck lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic