How is everyone feeling?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2013, 08:21 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is the 2nd trimester turning out to be a breeze for you or are you still experiencing some discomfort or other annoying symptoms? Please share!
January 31st, 2013, 09:13 AM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
2nd trimester is definitely better than the first. The only real new symptom I have had is more muscle aches and pains.

Your question reminded me though... How many of you are sick of people asking you how you are feeling? Not in this context but like everytime I see some people the first thing they say is "oh how are you feeling?" Well I feel about the same as I did when you asked me three days ago...lol
January 31st, 2013, 09:15 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved the second trimester. Some minor aches and pains but so much better than the first. My main symptoms are achy joints, indigestion, multiple trips to the bathroom, sore back. I got almost all my energy back and love having the noticeable bump. Feeling him kick and squirm everyday has been awesome. Anxious to see what the third has in store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrs0523 View Post
2nd trimester is definitely better than the first. The only real new symptom I have had is more muscle aches and pains.

Your question reminded me though... How many of you are sick of people asking you how you are feeling? Not in this context but like everytime I see some people the first thing they say is "oh how are you feeling?" Well I feel about the same as I did when you asked me three days ago...lol
Lol I am so sick of this! Totally sweet for people to check in but yes, it's the same people that ask like daily.

January 31st, 2013, 09:32 AM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Maybe we should start asking them the same question. "Good, how are you feeling?" And then maybe they will catch on to how many times they ask! Lol
January 31st, 2013, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd take anything over the nausea I had in the first trimester! So yeah, the second is WAY better.

My lower back is hurting a lot, especially if I vacuum or mop my floors, or stand too long doing anything at all. My crotch aches, lol, from all the pressure....that seems to get worse with each pregnancy (non existent with my first, there with my second, and definitely worse this time!). I am low on energy for some reason, but I really think that has A LOT to do with the weather. I'm also super emotional, I cry really easily which is annoying.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
January 31st, 2013, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My second trimester is turning out to be worse. Actually, the first part was pretty good. But since 20 weeks I've had all sorts of issues, the biggest one being nasty pelvic girdle pain that I'm assuming isn't going away any time soon.

But I'm surviving! And I'm just so thankful our baby is happy and healthy and the PGP doesn't affect him or her!
January 31st, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Second trimester.. So much better.

No more nausea, not so much stress and finally a bump.

Main symptoms. Ligament pains, small back aches, constant bathroom breaks and cravings. But it's all worth it.
January 31st, 2013, 10:36 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My biggest complaints are acid reflux and GERD, constipation, and achy lady parts. Still, I'll take this over the 24/7 nausea of trimester 1! And having to use the bathroom every hour or so gets to be annoying real fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrs0523 View Post

I know what you mean! And, when people ask me this, I'm not about to say the truth and tell them about my itchy boobs and constipation! Oh well, I think people are just concerned so it really is no biggy and kind of nice that there are people who care enough to ask.
January 31st, 2013, 10:44 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Second trimester is much better, no more sickness I am much more emotional now, which is annoying. I am already getting restless, though. I am such an active person and I really miss riding my horses, jogging, playing football with my son, and doing the "heavy" farm work. I do love being pregnant, and feeling Chase kick and squirm, but I am more then ready to feel him doing all of that in my arms, lol.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

January 31st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Enjoying being pregnant so far but annoyed of everything I can't do. I get btaxton hicks a lot and theyget so strong after sex its hard to enjoy. I can't pick up my kids for very long or my back will hurt all night. I have been waking up about 3 times or so every night to Pee but I fall right back to sleep. I'm sort of the negative Nancy lol. I can't wait for May so I can relax with my boys n worry about school or anything else

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

January 31st, 2013, 11:26 AM
Super Mommy
had better days
January 31st, 2013, 12:34 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
First trimester was hell!! SO yeah, 2nd trimester was easy compared to that. Which reminds me- second trimester is almost over for me now!
I have acid reflux/heartburn like crazy and I am starting to get uncomfortable moving around... but I guess that is what the third trimester will be like because it only seems to get worse every week... and next week I will be in the 3rd trimester.
AHHHHHHHH exciting.

January 31st, 2013, 02:19 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I've been lucky with an easier pregnancy, though the 2nd tri has been a bit tricky. In my first trimester it was mostly tiredness, motion sickness. Second trimester has been full of aches, pains, sickness, and while I had energy for a while, that seems to be running out again

So my complaints for right now are.. insomnia, getting up to pee 4 times a night, pain in my lower belly when I walk (like every step is painful), crying at the drop of a pin, and now..tiredness again.

As for being asked how I am OMG AM I SICK OF THIS!!! I get people at work that will ask me 3-4 times a DAY. Yes, I know I look like crap (thanks to insomnia), but I feel fine..because what's the point of complaining when I know you don't really care anyways?!??!!
NTNP #2
January 31st, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say since about week 20 things have been great. The stress of the visa and move are over, I'm not bleeding or on bed rest, I've been able to exercise again, I have enough energy (and napping opportunities) and stable moods. Overall, things are great. Occasionally I'm horrified by the weight gain, but it's fairly fleeting..
January 31st, 2013, 03:59 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im slowly starting to feel the third trimester whoas. :/ Im extremely stressed at work and just feeling stretched too thin in general. Its leading to some anxiety issues which means im also not getting the sleep my body needs. I realized yesterday my feet are ever so slightly starting to swell. I really hope that stays at bay bc I had really bad problems w that in my last oregnancy but figured it was due mostly to the heat. My lower back is starting to hurt, im havng a fair amount of BHs...Im just starting to feel slow and grunty lol.

Last edited by Memi; January 31st, 2013 at 04:02 PM.
January 31st, 2013, 05:22 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Second trimester has definitely been better for me than first trimester. The first wasn't terrible for me, but I was just so exhausted every waking moment that I wanted to cry! I definitely got more energy in the second trimester, but it is starting to wane a little now that I'm nearing the end. Some other symptoms that have popped up near the end are heartburn, even more achiness, and crying easily. Oh, and leaky boobs, can't forget that one.

January 31st, 2013, 05:45 PM
Ltem45
First and second trimester have both been fairly easy. I have had increased back pain and other weird pains, but nothing unbearable.
January 31st, 2013, 07:09 PM
Wow...I know its crazy but I love that I found this forum and DDC cuz its amazing to know I NOT THE ONLY ONE!! Well the greatest thing about 2nd trimester was not being nauseous 24/7 so amen to that one...but the down side...I have days of energy but mostly tired again...achy lower belly like stretching with every step as someone mentioned earlier...achy back...trouble sleeping and I feel like the lil man loves my bladder as a pillow!! But getting excited to get cloesr to May!!!

As far as people asking 'how are you' all the time...my typical response is 'eh' lol, but I did let a girl have it at the end of my first trimester....I said I feel like sh**, nauseous, tired, can't sleep and have to pee all the time" so please I will tell you when I'm feeling better...lol it was like she asked cuz she felt like she had to...needless to say she only asks occassionally now.!
January 31st, 2013, 07:15 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
This has been a craptastic pregnancy for me, but Sam is doing wonderfully. I had to go to the hospital for a stomach virus this week (norovirus is the devil!) and got some steroids to speed up his lung maturity. Had a HORRIBLE OB who admitted me since I wasn't able to make it to the hospital where my midwife is. Hoping to hold out to at least 32 weeks.

My Boring Blog
February 1st, 2013, 06:41 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Eh, its emotionally more difficult for me in the second trimester. I just worry about every ache and pain that feels different and can't stop myself with logic. Its the "attachment" to the baby that makes it hard, since I can't imagine how I would cope if something happened. I actually calm down a bit in the third trimester because I know she could come and be okay. I have no reason to believe anything will go wrong, but it always is a concern of mine. (Yep, I am a worrier by nature).

Physically I am pretty good. I have some energy, I feel pretty decent, I am not big or uncomfortable. I am dealing with a never-ending UTI which results in yeast infections after a couple weeks on antibiotics. But, oh well. Its minor in comparison to what I could be dealing with. I am still waiting to get a "good" baby belly, she is just soooo hidden still. Even though I have gained a crap-load of weight. I know that any day now I will wake up with a nice belly that popped out overnight. I still look "is she pregnant, or just getting chunky?"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search