Nesting, stressing and need to vent :(

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 07:01 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
Things have been crazy in my house every since this year started, lot of bad and stressful stuff has happened.
On top of that I have suddenly gone from " baby hurry and get here" to "crap baby is gonna be here soon!"
I have soo much to do still, nothing ready at all. I have to reorganize my whole house... We are moving my 2 oldest into a different room and than making the nursery the room with the 2 youngest (my 2 year old and newborn) among many other things that need to be done.
I have always handled my children well, use to the craziness and stress... but It seems like my 2 youngest have stepped up their game on mischievous and horrible, messy acts lately. They actually went out the front door without me knowing (my 3 year old unlocked the door and deadbolt and opened the door with the knob covered... and they went outside and played for probably 5 or so minutes before I realized, and the cops got called.
we installed a chain lock and alarm systems on our doors... so scary.
Before this happened I felt like a good mom, now I am thinking "crap I cant even handle the ones I have" and it is really messing with me
On top of stressful life challenges I am nesting like a mad woman and stressed because their is so much to do. I can't stop organizing and cleaning.
All my kids have been early and I am due on the 3rd, I am thinking end of April baby and its already February.
I am sooo positive all the time, so its weird to be miss deby downer. It has its plus sides though, my husband has been sooooo sweet lately. He can tell I am having a hard time.
Sorry about the vent, this pregnancy has been my most emotional one yet, not to mention the one with the most horrible things happen during it. haha

February 3rd, 2013, 08:06 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. My nephew woke up from a nap once when he was 3 while my sister was napping and walked down the street to the park. I can't imagine how scary that is. I totally get the nesting and stress with that. Things will settle down soon...it can't be crazy forever, right?

Nichole
February 3rd, 2013, 08:14 PM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
It will not last for forever...things will turn around. Until then, I will think good thoughts for you, and for a calm mind! Those preggie hormones can be real jerks

February 3rd, 2013, 08:58 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm nesting like crazy too...trying to get organized at the house. I also feel like I have so much to do and it's stressing me out. I want to get it all done so I can relax come April and it doesn't even look like I can do that. We've got to move DS to his new room, and before we can do that, we need to clear it out (currently it's our office) and paint it. And we need to get it done before the furniture arrives and in enough time so DS doesn't feel like he's been kicked out of his room. Ugh.
February 3rd, 2013, 10:45 PM
Brock's minion
I understand your pain with getting ready. Our new house will be under construction until mid April and I will be induced at the end of April. It feels like too much pressure but I'm hoping that it keeps my mind preoccupied during the final weeks. I'm sure you are an excellent Mommy, good luck.

Michelle
February 4th, 2013, 06:05 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time! I can relate a bit because I have a lot things going on in my life outside of pregnancy that is just really messing with my stress level. I finally had to say to myself that it is time to distance myself from the people who are causing the stress. It was hard but I've been feeling so much better because of it (of course, I have no idea if the things causing you stress can be eliminated that easily).

As for what happened with your kids sneaking out, please don't beat yourself up over it! Sometimes things just happen that are beyond our control. As a FTM, I am terrified thinking ahead to the toddler stage where the little ones are so curious and don't yet have a sense about what is dangerous and not. I think you did all that you could do by installing the chain and alarm system right away. I think that goes to show what a good mama you are
February 4th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
U sound exactly like me! My 3 year old unlocked the front door and both kids were playing outside in the front for a few mins before I noticed. I was scares cuz we on a busy street and everyone drives really fast. I can't really put a chain cuz this is my mother's house and they will be selling it soon. We are trying to buy a house but it prolly won't be ready til after the baby gets here so we will be moving and packing when little one arrives. It's okay mama we all just need to take a deep breath and say screw everything for now n enjoy our pregnancies. I just let the house work done and dh helps me with it when he is off.

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search