toyota sienna,honda oddyssey, or gmc acaidia

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By jesslynn2000
  • 1 Post By mama3o

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
If money was not a factor, which would you choose and why? I have been doing some research and if I decide to get a new car these would be my top 3

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

February 11th, 2013, 05:38 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a decked out Acadia Denali for a few months. It was amazing: tv screens in the headrests, back up camera, the works! But it cost me $70 to fill up and I had to fill up weekly on top of paying the $800 car payment. Money is always an issue! Lol! I loved it though, so if I won the lottery and lost my mind, I'd choose the Acadia.
Mrsbowbin likes this.

Nichole
February 11th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Before I got pregnant I had truly wanted a SCION FR-S,
I love those cars. Perfect for me since I traveled alone to work and ran errands alone.
But since getting pregnant I know the two door car won't work. Plus they have no safety straps for car seats.
My Chevy car is pretty child friendly but I would like to get a Nissan Versa. A lot more space in the back seat and trunk for the needs of a single mother and very great on gas.
February 11th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm partial to the Odyssey because that's what we bought a few months ago. We didn't look into Toyota much because we thought they were uglier and there is no Toyota dealership around here. DH's cousin has an Acadia and it's pretty nice but definitely not as roomy as a van for getting in and out of. I wouldn't want to strap kids into carseats in the third row of that thing, but for older kids who can do it themselves it would be fine.
February 11th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Brock's minion
The Acadia, we looked at them twice already.

Michelle
February 11th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My brother and SIL just got a new Odyssey and it is great! Very nice ride and comfortable. We have a Toyota Highlander that we got a year ago and I love it. It is my first toyota and I am so pleased with it. As for the GMC, we have a lot of friends with GMC suv's and I only drove one of them before. I did like it a lot but it was only one time, so I can't say a lot about GMC. I think they look really nice though

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

February 11th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a fully loaded Honda Odyssey, and we love it!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
February 11th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Of all the vehicles I drove as a nanny (Cars, SUVs, and Vans) My hands down top pick in terms of vehicles I'd ever be able to afford driving on my own one day, was the Honda Odyssey! There wasn't anything I didn't like about it. I highly recommend... If you are interested in more highend vehicles, there are a few SUV's I really loved, but I know of people with houses that cost less!

February 11th, 2013, 01:06 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Odyssey. It's on our "wish list." we drive a beast of a gas guzzler right now that isn't terribly great for seating, even though it's supposed to be. I can't wait til my old truck dies (DHs vehicle) so we can talk about getting one. He can take back the guzzler and I'll drive the van. I truthfully never thought I would be that person
February 11th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Veteran
I would say sienna or odyssey. The acadia is great, if you get captains chairs. I recently bought a Sienna and love it. It has automatic doors which is super easy for kids, lots of storage. I would say that 2nd row with captains chairs is a must so that you don't have to fols down 2nd row for anyone to get in back.

February 12th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Veteran
Toyota Sienna ;-) Sorry couldn't resist. The odyssey or sienna are good minivans. Easier to get kids in and out. I love my sienna but you already know that. Sorry wanted to pop in, say hi, and give my 2 cents.
Sweet_Mama likes this.
February 13th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Odyssey... I just got out of the Sienna and was going to re-purchase a minivan...After all of our research I would have gone with the Odyssey, not only is it iprettier this time, I think it's storage capacity is better. I believe you can store things under the seat which keeps things neater and the seats fold way easier. I also liked the interior better. I had a Sienna and the interior grey stained very easily...with three kids already no good for me. The Acadia doesn't have much rear seat storage, unless your 3rd row is folded up. I don't love mini-van's so if space wasn't an option I'd definitely go with the Acadia....I got aout and went with a larger suv, but I must leave my 3rd row open all the time, because I will have 3 in car seats! and 1 not in a car seat.

My vote the Acadia for style if you don't need the 3rd row all the time, otherwise I'd say Odyssey. (Hi...From the April DDC!)
Sweet_Mama likes this.
February 13th, 2013, 07:27 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
Honestly, my husband HATES minivans.
But he also doesn't like American made cars, he would want to go with a honda or toyota,
BUT since he hates minivans so much he might want the GMC.
I on the other hand would go with the Honda.'
I really wish my husband wanted a minivan I am sick of my kids climbing all over the seats to get in the car ( we have a honda pilot)

February 13th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If the Acadia doesn't have captain chairs then I'd go with the Honda Oddesey. If it does then I would lean towards the Acadia just bc I prefer to stay in an SUV.

February 14th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
So we are leaning toward an oddessy. I want the Acadia but I wil have 3 ages 3 and under. With car seats, strollers,diaper bags I am gonna need the extra space. We found one online through a dealership that us a 2008 but has 77 k miles. I am hoping the High mileage will play in out favor and we can get it for a few thousand less. I will have to trade in my beautiful Honda civic for a minivan and I will be driving that to school. I'm definitely gonna feel sexy lol. I think when the kids are grown we will get an suv.

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

February 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you looked for any with Captains Chairs? They work out really well. Nothing is comparable to the minivan for storage though. (The smaller suv's like the acadia...even the tahoe or yukon, barely have any room behind the 3rd row. ) That is why we had to buy the extended version!!
February 14th, 2013, 07:29 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a Sienna and I love it. It has lots of get up and go which is one reason why my lead-footed driving self wasn't that interested in getting a minivan. I was so very pleasantly surprised when we did the test drive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search