When do you plan or hope to be ready???

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Purrrrrrr
  • 1 Post By wiiblii
  • 3 Post By 4 boys
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 1 Post By Themrs0523

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
Well obviously you can never be completely ready for baby! But I was wondering when you ladies plan or hope to have everything done by. By "everything" I am referring to nursery done, baby clothes all washed, bottles cleaned, diapers ready, and hospital bags packed?
How much do you have ready so far?
Anyone have nursery pics?
Baby showers planned or done?
I am only asking because I really like everything to be ready at around 32 weeks pregnant.
My first son was born at 35 weeks because my water broke out of no where.
I actually ended up becoming depressed because I had nothing ready. I literally came home with my baby and my house was trashed and nothing was ready for the baby, it was hard!
I realized I am going to be 29 weeks this weeks and I really want everything done by end of march or early April.
Not much time left!
Especially with other kids running around, takes up a lot of my time.
Am I the only one stressing out?

February 11th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Hopefully by the time I bring home a baby! Seriously though, we'll install the car seat in a few weeks and rearrange the furniture in our bedroom so I can set up the cosleeper. We probably oughta buy diapers and wash clothing at the beginning of March too.

I'm deciding when a good time to make a hospital bag would be? I think last time around, I waited until I had my induction scheduled, but I'd made a list of what all needed to be brought to the hospital in case I went early (REALLY detailed too 'cause DH is hopeless in packing).
EverydayJoy likes this.

My Boring Blog
February 11th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I could be ready now Right now the baby's room is our office. We are building an office in the basement (We are framing the walls out down there tonight) so once that is done, which should be in about a week, we will go out and get the crib we want. I did just find out that my shower is on April 20th. Even though I am so very grateful to be getting a shower, I wish it was just a bit sooner so I could be ready ASAP. I am not due until May 16th, so that is still plenty of time I suppose. I am just so excited to have everything done and in place!

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

February 11th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Expecting a boy in May!
My baby shower is on Saturday so I'll have plenty of time after that to figure out what I need to buy. I'm going to try to be completely ready by 36 weeks. I'm doing ok so far but my car seat is not released until April 5th... it's still a pre-order now. And I need to be sure I have enough cloth diapers. The biggest other thing is my birth kit for my home birth. I won't be packing a bag for the hospital since I'll be at home but there is still a lot to prepare.
ShannonM likes this.
February 11th, 2013, 11:53 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea when my baby shower will be.
I would love to be more ready than I am, but it just doesn't seem like I can squeak the baby stuff out of our budget right now. We need a bassinet (probably going to get a pack N play), some more binkies, newborn diapers, and more clothes. A few more bottles would be good and I need a breast pump. Plus I want a basket of those post-partum things for me for after baby....ugh. I have no idea when I'll be ready. It all depends on money. I have the time!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 11th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I need to be done with everything by mid March. My ob already said she might out me on limited activity or bed rest come the begining of April so i need to be prepared for it. My parents are coming over the end of February to help finish everything so then i will have a couple of weeks to get the last minute stuff done.
February 11th, 2013, 12:58 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am hoping by 35ish weeks. I had Liam at 36 weeks and was mostly ready (minus the newborn clothes, I thought we wouldn't need any!). I am not really preparing a ton yet. We have done some household things that needed to be done. But most of ours is small stuff. We already have a nursery, a side-carred crib, cloth diapers, clothes, etc.

I won't have a shower, so that isn't something I am waiting on. And we aren't redoing Kierans room, just painting some letters (I have the letters, just need to get the paint) and moving Kieran into his brothers room. I am thinking I'll pack my hospital bag around 34 weeks, just in case. But that is a ways away for me. I don't love being the end of the month I am just 25 weeks, so I have a good ten weeks to get myself in order. I know I'll be going crazy with nesting around 32-35 weeks anyway, I always seem to. So I am sure it will get done. It does seem far away for me, since I am a later in the month due date. But I am sure it will sneak up on all of us.
February 11th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a feeling I won't be ready until May. I have no baby room yet because we need to move two of our boys out of it so I have been stuffing all my baby stuff into their closet and it's getting really full!! But once they are moved, I can get the rest ready. I just don't think they'll move until at least the end of April.

I have serious nesting urges already and I can't do anything about them. So I bought some diapers and a bottle brush today.
EverydayJoy, bcogoli and Mrsbowbin like this.
February 11th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Veteran
I'm hoping to be ready by the beginning of April so that way we will have that last month to relax and enjoy DS and his last weeks of being the only baby in the house. Since he was a surprise induction I just really want to be prepared for this baby to come!

February 11th, 2013, 04:05 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My shower is on March 2nd so after I see what all I get there I'll have everthing set up and ready to go by mid march. I'm very OCD so waiting until the shower instead of just buying everything myself and having it ready now is killing me, but people keep complaining to me that I'm not leaving anything for others to buy so I stopped shopping for now. I still have to find a diaper bag I like!! I never knew it could be so hard to find something just to hold diapers and milk. lol
February 11th, 2013, 04:22 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I wish I was ready now! Realistically, Im hoping to be ready after my little shower. Im thinking that will be the first week in April. I need ALOT but I dont want to buy stuff because I dont know what I will be getting. I also have to swap rooms with my boys and paint! I need someone to stick a firecracker under my husband's behind to get him moving. I would hate to have this baby and have nothing ready yet.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
February 11th, 2013, 07:42 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm due May 2 so I'm shooting for May 1!! We have to find a new home for the old exercise equipment and get some new curtains and furniture for DD and her new room. She will move and then the nursery is all set up for the baby. All the clothes are washed and in crates in the basement so that's no big deal. I'm so hesitant to move DD out of her crib and into a big girl bed because I don't want her running free around the house at night. I know we need to get on this project but it's just easier to ignore it at this point.
Mrsbowbin likes this.
February 11th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
My plan is to be ready by April 10th. I am not due until May 31st but I would like to be ready for baby by then and after that I can just focus on daily chores: laundry, dishes, etc until she decides to arrive. I plan to even have my hospital bag ready by then.
EverydayJoy likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
We have everything we need for the baby, except clothes which we'll get at the shower.

I hope to have his mini man cub cave finished in 3 weeks, only working on it on the weekends though. We have some pics but I'll probably share when it's all done. It's vintage marvel themed... and we are weirdos who aren't having a crib, just putting him in a toddler bed around 1 yr like we did with DD.

I'll probably pack my hospital bag soon, which won't have much in it since I didn't really need much last time.
As for washing the clothes and setting up his sleeping area, i'll wait til mid-april because I have this phobia that dust will be settling in on his things and want to avoid that as much as possible.

February 13th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd like to be ready by 38 weeks. If I don't have everything together by then I know my anxiety will start to creep in.

February 14th, 2013, 08:38 AM
hangaroo81's Avatar Veteran
I am hoping at around 34 weeks (3 weeks after my baby shower). At this point all I have is baby clothes. Still waiting to do the nursery, car seat, stroller, hospital bag and god knows what else.
February 14th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd like to be done by the end of March so I have April to relax

The nursery should be finished with the base colour paint this week, the crib and dresser will go in this weekend... DH, SIL, and MIL are painting a mural in the room and I don't expect that will be done anytime soon.

I still have things I need to buy (crib mattress, breast pump, swing, pack and play are the big things..lots of little things). And now that I convinced DH to CD, I need to get that stuff going too. This stuff will get bought as I get paid..*shrug*

The hospital bag will get packed probably in April, I don't see a reason to do it any sooner than that... I really need to find a checklist of what kind of things I should put in it.

My shower isn't until AFTER the baby is born, so pretty much have to get everything on our own *shrug*
WTTC #2
February 14th, 2013, 02:17 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm hoping to be ready when the baby's born! At the rate I'm going, I won't be! Lol.
February 15th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I got some travel toiletries the other day while I was at Target, so I went to go load up my toiletries bag and found my shampoos and stuff from when I had DS still half-full, hahaha. I just shoved the new stuff in the same bag in case I have longer stay than last time.

For my birthday, my mom bought me a cute night gown with a robe for after delivery, so I think this weekend I'm going to dig out my travel duffel and start putting stuff in there.

My Boring Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search