To All You Zen Mamas (if such a thing exists)...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By selenamdz
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama
  • 1 Post By Purrrrrrr
  • 1 Post By LolaBadola

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
How do you stay so low-key and mellow?

More than anything, I just want to enjoy the last 3 months of this pregnancy--the calm before the storm, if you will. I want to enjoy my 3-year-old, who will forever have to share me, come May. And I want DH and I to not constantly be clashing on every life decision being thrown our way at the moment. More than anything, I want to be sure everything will fall into place as it should. Lately I've just been feeling so incredibly overwhelmed--by work, our new house search, the way my body feels (very large, headachy, sluggish, unbalanced, and moody), and by life in general.

It's all bringing me down, dude! ;-)

February 12th, 2013, 02:27 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
Watching! I too need help in this area. I have been so stressed lately, I know it can't be good for my sweet baby.
I also want things to be calm, comfortable and has stress free as possible before my baby comes and thinks get a lot more crazy around here!
All I can think of right now is getting everything as prepared and organized as possible! Keeping up on cleaning, all I know is its a lot easier to be happy and relaxed in a clean organized home!
LolaBadola likes this.

February 12th, 2013, 04:35 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can only say that if I feel calm or zen-like, that it's not from my own doing! Life just happens to be calm right now. Plus I got off my Prozac I'd been taking which actually made me feel better. Go figure
LolaBadola likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 12th, 2013, 07:29 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I knew the answer to this question. I feel so completely stressed out right now. I'm looking forward to maternity leave because no matter how stressful and sleep deprived it will be, it will still be easier that continuing to carry the amount of stress I have right now.
LolaBadola likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I just really focus on the things I can control and just take everything as it comes. I am of course "overwhelmed" with school (16 units) and my "new" job.... Special ed is definitely tough. I go home with work still at the end of the day but prioritize the things that need to get done... and if things don't get done, well they will still be here tomorrow.

Most importantly I make time for playing with my DD who just turned 3 yesterday.... she's definitely keeping me zen because she makes me laugh and brightens my day. I'd much rather be playing outside with her than stressing over responsibilities. Having a great DH helps too! he takes care of a lot around here
LolaBadola likes this.

February 13th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
The only thing that has kept me sane for the past month or so is the hypnobabies class I'm doing. I just checked out youtube and there are a couple hypnotic relaxation videos on there but i can't watch 'em out right now or I'd find one for you. I've been doing the relaxation session daily right after work and it's seriously helped (my new supervisor is psychotic... I cannot wait to deliver Sam and quit work). I got so stressed I tried medication, but it had the complete opposite effect on me.

My suggestion is to try to go to bed 30 minutes early tonight and find a video you can listen to right before you fall asleep. It might not help during the day, but at least you won't take your troubles to bed with you.
LolaBadola likes this.

My Boring Blog
February 13th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
You ladies are the best! Thank you so much for all your suggestions and sympathy. It means a lot. xoxo
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

February 13th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always envied those zen-like Mommas. I'm not one of them and probably never will be. I get super stressed when my plate is full. I wish I knew the answer!

February 14th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Just value that 3year old of yours! Catch bugs, cuddle, blow bubbles, make forts. Everything else will fall into place!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search