Cousins!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 06:37 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
How many cousins do you have?

Are you close to them?

How many cousins will baby have?

Are you close to them?
February 13th, 2013, 07:00 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I have 27 cousins first cousins

Are you close to them?
I am close to most of them, not all of them because my dad was in the military so we moved around a lot.

My kids/baby have 24 first cousins already, more to come! I still have two siblings who haven't even started having kids yet.

Are you close to them?
yes!

February 13th, 2013, 07:25 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have more cousins than I can count, well more than I can recall anyway because I'm not really close to any of my cousins. Our family sort of kept to themselves and my dad's side is kinda nuts, and my mom's side we didn't see often, so I never really developed a relationship with the kids my age past playing with them when I was young.
DS has a lot of cousins on my husband's side that we will probably very rarely see, their parents are kind of richy-rich and snooty (IMO). Plus they all live in another state so it's pretty far. My sis however, has 3 kids and DS loves playing with them. They all get along well together and they always look forward to DS coming for a visit. They're also very excited to meet the baby when he is born, so he will be loved and fawned over too.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 13th, 2013, 07:25 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many cousins do you have? I think I have 14? That sounds horrible!

Are you close to them? I'm not very close to the cousins on my dad's side because they are all much older than me. And the cousins on my mom's side are much younger than I am but I think I am a little closer to them due to babysitting them when they were younger.

How many cousins will baby have? Baby will have 4 cousins from my side and 2 from DH's side. Though, much more from DH's side if we count his foster sister's children, then it would be 12 cousins total.

Are you close to them? Some yes, some no. Unfortunately there is a lot of fighting among my family and while I try not to get into that kind of thing, some don't like it that I am not 100% siding with them so it is hurting our relationships.
February 13th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
How many cousins do you have? 6, including a step-cousin

Are you close to them? No, I was close to 3 of them when I was younger, but I don't live anywhere near them anymore, so we haven't kept in touch other than via facebook.

How many cousins will baby have? 3 so far. My BIL and his wife have triplets. They live far away from us. They're terrors. Not because they're bad kids or anything... I think they could be really sweet boys... but their parents don't give them any guidance whatsoever and they never take them out anywhere.

Are you close to them? No and I'm kinda of sad about that. I would love it if we lived closer to them, but then again, I'm also glad because... well... they can't destroy my house (I mean, literally destroy too... when they came to visit my in-laws last year, they broke their TV and ripped the doors off their armoire) so that's a good thing.

My Boring Blog
February 13th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 12 cousins.

i'm close with lots!

bebe will have 1 cousin. they will be very close. i wouldn't be shocked if we end up with custody of our nephew one day

February 13th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 first cousins on my mom's side that I'm not close to at all, and a handful (5?) of second cousins on my dad's side that are all 8-15 years older than me, so I wasn't close to them in childhood (and we never saw each other anyway), but one of them I'm close to now, and communicate a little with some of the others via FB.

Technically our son will have one first cousin, who will be 8 or 9 years older (and living in Russia), so I doubt they'll be very close; since I don't have siblings, he won't have any in America. Guess he'll have to figure out another way to have friends..
February 13th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ON MY MOMS SIDE I HAVE 8 first cousins AND ON MY DAD SIDE I HAVE 13.

Are you close to them?
I AM VERY CLOSE TO ALL OF THEM. MOSTLY MY MOMS SIDE OF THE FAMILY I FEEL LIKE THE COUSINS TREAT EACH OTHER MORE LIKE BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND ON MY DADS SIDE THEY ARE JUST SUPER PROTECTIVE.

JUST ONE. NOT FROM MY SIDES OF THE FAMILY. BABY'S DAD HAS ONE NEHPEW THAT'S ONE YEARS OLD SO MY BABY WILL JUST HAVE ONE TO START OFF WITH.

Are you close to them?
PERSONALLY IM NOT BUT THE BABY'S DAD WATCHES HIS NEPHEW MOST OF THE WEEK IN THE EVENINGS BECAUSE THE MOM WORKS. SO HIS NEPHEW SPENDS ALOT OF TIME WITH THEM.
February 13th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 14 cousins. We are not exactly close since we all grew up and moved away, but it is always great to see them at family weddings and get togethers.

My son has 4 cousins. 2 are my brothers boys, and they are very close, it's great. The other 2 are my sisers girls but the live in WI, so we only talk on the phone and let the kids do "facetime" on the ipad to stay in touch.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

February 13th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How many cousins do you have? 3 on my dads side, 4 on my moms side

Are you close to them? Sort of to one on my dads side, but that's it.

How many cousins will baby have? She'll have 8 on DH's side, and my brother is expecting his first baby in August, so she'll have 1 on my side.

Are you close to them? Yes, we see our nieces and nephews pretty frequently.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
February 13th, 2013, 09:37 AM
How many cousins do you have? I have 10 cousins

Are you close to them? some of them i am, others not so much

How many cousins will baby have? 8

Are you close to them? i am but some live far away
February 13th, 2013, 10:20 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
How many cousins do you have? I have 9 on each side (18 total). And then one on my dads side who is actually my dads cousin because she is a late-in-life only child. So we include her in the cousin count, she always comes to all the gatherings and such. She is two months older than me.

Are you close to them? Very, very on my dads side. It's probably why I never minded not having a sister. I have two female cousins born the same year as I am (above one included). We get together 3-4 times a year for a weekend or week (week over the 4th of July, weekend the other times). We have done that as a whole family since before I was born. I am super-close to my moms sisters boys as well. But the other cousins on my moms side live far away and we mainly only saw them every 3-4 years growing up. Now we keep in touch on facebook. But not 'close'.

How many cousins will baby have? No first cousins. My brothers aren't even close to having kids and DHs brother and wife are planning on trying starting in the summer. So maybe next year. But since me and my dads side cousins are together so much, we often call the kids "cousins" even though they are second cousins or something. There are 15 including my boys on that side. My aunts boys (the ones we are close to) also each have one child that my kids are close to.

Are you close to them? See above. Although I venture to say we will be closer to above mentioned cousins than DHs brothers kids. We don't really get along well with his psycho...ER...wife. Lol.
February 13th, 2013, 11:33 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 18 first cousins on my dad's side and 11 on my mom's side.

I was super close to most of the cousins on my dad's side when we were growing up, we always did family outings and sleepovers and dinners and stuff. now that we are adults with our own kids we seem to have grown apart, and it breaks my heart, but it's their choice, not mine.

all of the cousins on my mom's side live far away, but one recently moved closer to us and she has a 6 year old daughter, so her daughter and my daughter like to play together and have sleepovers at my mom's house.

my children have no first cousins yet, my sister isn't anywhere near ready for kids, she is single and religious. my brother is only 14 so I hope kids aren't anywhere close in his future, and BIL is a 24 year old who lives in his parent's basement and doesn't want kids.

DH has lots of first cousins who are really young. like super duper young, DH is 29 and his youngest first cousin is only 4 months old. his grandfather remarried and had kids with his new wife, and their youngest was only like 2 years older than my husband, so he grew up with his uncles and aunt and now all of their kids are growing up with our kids, even though they are different generations!

February 13th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have about 25 first cousins and I'm not really close with any of them. DH has probably 30 and we are closer to some of them because they live near us. Baby will have 4 cousins on my side and 6 on DH's side. We are moderately close to all of them, but some of us are separated by thousands of miles. Others we see fairly regularly.
February 13th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many cousins do you have? 5

Are you close to them? Fairly. I'm by far the oldest so it's hard bc I grew up as their "big cousin" rather than their friend if that makes sense.

How many cousins will baby have? Two so far. Both are my SIL's children.

Are you close to them? As much as I can be. I love them to pieces and like to spoil them every chance I get. But they keep themselves too pre-occupied with work to make many family events so I usually only get to see them about once a year

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search