Update on Sapph

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sapphera
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Sapphera

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
Hi ladies!!!

I haven't been around much in the last little while and I completely apologize for that! In late december, I thought I had a cold, and it got better for a while, and then I relapsed big time after Christmas. Turns out it was the flu and I had a rather bad chest infection by the time I went to the Urgent Care clinic (I have a history of stopping breathing, and the coughing was causing me to start choking and lose my breath). That's all now cleared up except for the residual cough that I will probably have for another month or so

So I'm only now getting back into the swing of things now that I'm feeling partway human again. I was keeping up with the reading, but just didn't have the energy to post much. But, I will get back ontop of things here!
rheaimedved likes this.
NTNP #2
February 13th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Veteran
I'm glad to hear you're doing better! I hope you keep getting better so you can actually enjoy your thrid trimester!

February 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you ended up with the flu! That is terrible, but I am gald to hear you are getting better. Looking forward to seeing your posts again. Keep getting better!

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

February 13th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Glad you're still alive! I hope your cough goes away quickly!

My Boring Blog
February 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Thanks!! I hope it passes quickly as well.

It was definitely very different for me. I'm normally the type of person that tries not to take any medication, and here I was taking both cold medication and antibiotics .. not fun.

However, the baby seems to be doing well!!! We finally settled on full name a couple weeks ago (Kaia Madison). I also had my 1 hour GD test on Sunday, and am waiting to see if I hear back from them or not

I also managed to convince DH this morning to at least TRY out cloth diapering...so YAY
NTNP #2
February 13th, 2013, 12:46 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that you got the flu and felt so awful. Welcome back!
February 13th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphera View Post

I also managed to convince DH this morning to at least TRY out cloth diapering...so YAY
Well thank god. I'm trying the bumgenius one size organic all in one (because i got a great deal on craigslist, but also because i've heard good things about them)... you might be able to get him on board easier with an AIO since there aren't really any extra steps involved.

Sorry to hear you got so sick. It sounds horrible. I've avoided illness (if you don't count the fact that I sneeze ALL THE TIME) since mid December, and I'm really thankful for that (it's probably just due to the warm climate here). Hope you feel 100% again soon!
February 13th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so glad your feeling better.
February 13th, 2013, 11:15 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear you were so ill! Uck! I'm glad you're past the worst of it though.
Hey, for cloth diapers, you use the disposable liners, right? If you don't, or haven't tried them, I highly recommend them for anyone (like your DH) who might be squeamish about poo!
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 14th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
So glad you are not sick anymore! That sounded terrible!!
February 14th, 2013, 06:23 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad that you are starting to feel better! I don't envy you - having the flu while pregnant sounds like a nightmare!! Glad to hear that baby is doing fine!
February 14th, 2013, 08:00 AM
This is our first, so our first time cloth diapering..but yes, we'll be using disposable inserts... hehehe.. like you say, it's the easiest for people who are squeamish, and since DH is definitely that - I think that will work for us

Thanks Kenzie, I know I was worried with all the meds, but everything seems to be ok!
EverydayJoy likes this.
NTNP #2
February 14th, 2013, 08:07 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
Glad you are doing better
Hope to see you around more, can't believe how much little time we all have left pregnant!!

February 16th, 2013, 01:54 PM
May 2013 Cohost
What meds did you have to take? Had you gotten a flu shot?
February 16th, 2013, 05:03 PM
The cold meds were Robitussen DM and regular Robitussen (one for night, one for day), and I can't remember the antibiotic name

I didn't get the flu shot (I was going to get it the weekend I came down with it!!), but it wouldn't have mattered since the strains that went around weren't covered
NTNP #2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search