Who hasn't picked a name yet?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else's baby still nameless? Which names are on your list?

Right now I am thinking either Kadence or Heidi for a girl. Boys are harder because we have four, but right now I like Adam, Luke, Peyton and Kade. I asked DH when he wanted to talk about names and he said never. He's like that.
February 13th, 2013, 12:03 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
haha I am having a hard time as well!
I think because this is my 4th baby boy... There are 2 names my husband and I like but thats it. haha
So one of those 2?
We didn't know our 2nd sons name until the day before I was induced!

February 13th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^^ Yup, our 4th son wasn't named until he was a day old. Boy names are hard, especially after the first few!
February 13th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Surpise Baby Due in May
I agree, boy names are tough. We finally came up with one a week or so ago.

Tentatively Due with #5 on 5/27/15
February 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Veteran
I'm the opposite, girls names are hard for me! I had three boy names picked out but no idea for a girl! We just picked DD's name last week, Aubrey Kate.
mrsjl and Memi like this.

February 13th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No name yet - I'm still stuck in a battle with DS over naming her Sophia. I think she's going to be called Sophia no matter what we actually name her so we may have to concede on this one, but the few times DH and I have tried to discuss it, we are completely in disagreement so it's just staying in limbo for now...
Mrsbowbin likes this.
February 13th, 2013, 07:58 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have no idea either. DD was named during labor so I'm not that stressed out about picking one yet. There really isn't even a name that I really like yet.
February 13th, 2013, 10:12 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No name here yet either. It's annoying but I know I still have time. There are a handful that I like and so far only one that DH has shown interest in...and I don't like that one that he likes (Jonathan). So we're still at square one.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 14th, 2013, 06:03 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we have a boy name pretty much picked out and we were just about there for the girl name but then we decided we wanted to use DH's mother's name (she passed away a few years ago) as a middle name and our favorite girl name sounds horrible with that middle name so we are back at the drawing board. DH's mother's name is actually pretty hard to pair up with any name that we can come up with! And of course the names that I like with it, DH doesn't like and vice versa. Maybe this is just a sign that we are having a boy
EverydayJoy likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck ladies!!

Some of ours were named before birth and some not until afterward. It just depends. We don't have a name yet either, but that's not unusual for us.

For number 7, we had a list and with each contraction crossed one off the list until he was delivered. We started with 50 names and still had about 10 left when he was born, so than we got to know him and picked it. It's perfect
markswife likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 11:55 AM
May 2013 Cohost
We don't have one either...and I can't stand how everyone keeps asking if we have one picked out yet! It's not like we're telling what it is before the birth anyway!
EverydayJoy likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 12:33 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Both my sons weren't named the day they were born. My husband really takes naming seriously and doesnt want to settle on a name until baby is here....LOL, kind of like naming a puppy. You cant name a puppy until you see it and know its personality and the way it looks right? So far we have Mason on our list and Im hoping it stays top pick. You never know though, my husband will confuse the heck out of me after baby is born with 15 other names he will come up with last minute.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
February 14th, 2013, 12:49 PM
I hate how people keep asking too. I just keep saying, NO! lol. We DON'T have a name picked yet!

February 14th, 2013, 01:55 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Like there's something wrong if we don't have a name picked yet. Heck, we don't even have the room ready yet, let alone the name! The name is the last thing on my mind right now! Lol.
EverydayJoy and jcperez like this.
February 14th, 2013, 02:06 PM
I know!! People are annoying!!

February 14th, 2013, 07:32 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
I hate how people keep asking too. I just keep saying, NO! lol. We DON'T have a name picked yet!
I hate this. I feel like people think I'm lying and just not telling them the name when in actuality, I have no freaking clue. We aren't even really working on names either. I should just make up some obnoxious name and tell people that's what we're naming her.
EverydayJoy likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Good idea. Maybe tell them it's Helga

February 14th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The fake name idea is good. I am prepared to tell people names that sound terrible with our last name.
EverydayJoy likes this.
February 15th, 2013, 04:03 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Yeah, it is annoying when people ask and once they know you are pregnant its the second question they seem to ask after "Do you know what you are having?' That is annoying as well because I get the look of dispare after I tell them this is my third boy.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
February 15th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I thought we had a name, we were going to call her Charlotte, but I just don't like it enough....so I backed out on that one. So.....this baby is nameless. We liked Jessa, but I feel it's too close to Julianna. We both like Olivia, but it's just SO common. Since this is our third girl, it's SO hard to agree on a name. I think she'll probably be nameless until after she's born.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search