Amazing

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wiiblii

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here is an article of another woman who did not know she was pregnant. This stuff just amazes me. I just don't see how someone can go full term and not know. I guess I should not judge, but how did she not feel anything? My little guy wakes me out of a dead sleep with his kicking, lol

Woman goes to hospital for hernia, leaves with newborn girl | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

February 14th, 2013, 10:01 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL I'm with you. He has pretty much reminded me every moment of every day that he is in there. I just don't know how that happens!

February 14th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow!
Seriously?! How can u go nine months without second guessing any symptoms. I could understand if she was "hiding" the pregnancy but I'm a first time mom and I know my body inside out, to know there's one thing strange scares me. How did she not know!
February 14th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
You'd be surprised at the number of women I saw at the last hospital I worked at who came in and said they didn't know they were pregnant. One delivered in the ER before the ultrasound tech could make it down there. She did NOT look pregnant, but I'm like... how did you not feel your organs moving around? I don't know about y'all, but but that hurts... especially between 12-20 weeks... that's some major internal feng shui going on.

My Boring Blog
February 14th, 2013, 11:20 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't get it either. My little lady is doing gymnastics right now and there is no way you can confuse that with stomach cramps, gas pains, menstrual cramps or really anything else. I don't get this either.

That being said, how overwhelming would that be to go to the ER and come home three days later with a baby? I feel overwhelmed thinking about it and we have everything we need but size 1 diapers. I would be freaking out to only have a couple days to think about leaving the hospital with a baby!
February 14th, 2013, 11:20 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL @ internal feng shui. I'm in agreement, I'm not sure how you could not feel baby kicks, especially when you get close to full term, and wonder what the heck that was. Early on, you can mistake them for muscle spasms or gas, but c'mon...full term? Yikes! I watched one on that "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" show and the lady had TWINS! Can you imagine??? LOL. She had other issues and was on a medication that made her balloon up in weight, so she didn't suspect. My goodness tho!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 14th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It really is crazy. I try my best not to judge, and I am truely happy for this woman since they were told they could not have children, but I just can't understnad how you don't feel those kicks and jabs. Like right now, I swear Chase is learning how to wiggle his toes, that is exactly what it feel like is going on in there, lol. I can see ignoring the sore chest, being so tired, and what not, but not all the movement.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

February 14th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Surpise Baby Due in May
I don't know... I used to think the same way. Like, how could you not know? But with this pregnancy I have been so busy I swear I just don't notice him moving until I finally stop working and pay attention to what is going on. And then I think, WOW those are some ridiculously strong, hard kicks. But I'm guessing if you don't think you could be pregnant, combined with being busy, oblivious and overweight enough that you can't tell a difference in your belly... it's totally possible.

Also, I have tons of random bleeding... mostly after sex. But it's entirely possible if I did not know I was pregnant that I could mistake it for my period.
rheaimedved likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never really got how someone can not know they are pregnant, I mean Chloe is Always kicking me, i don't think the girl sleeps.

February 14th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly M. View Post
Here is an article of another woman who did not know she was pregnant. This stuff just amazes me. I just don't see how someone can go full term and not know. I guess I should not judge, but how did she not feel anything? My little guy wakes me out of a dead sleep with his kicking, lol
Or how about morning sickness?!
February 14th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Morning sickness you could easily write off to a bout of the stomach flu.

February 14th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not to mention not everyone experiences morning sickness...

This is a slightly more detailed version of the story:
Jackson-area woman gives birth to 10-pound baby same day she learns she is pregnant | MLive.com

The fact that she'd had a really serious infection and surgery two years prior, that she was 44, and they didn't believe it was possible for her to get pregnant, I can sort of understand how this would happen. Being overweight accounts for not noticing a lot physically, irregular periods can definitely confuse you and a lot of women experience some amount of bleeding during pregnancy anyway... As for movement, I don't even feel that much due to the anterior placenta. I feel movement daily, but it isn't anywhere near what some of you ladies describe.
February 15th, 2013, 03:28 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
That is so crazy!

February 15th, 2013, 06:10 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I find it hard to understand as well but it does happen. I know someone who took their 16-year-old daughter to the ER for back pain and they came home with a baby. The daughter at least claims that she had no idea and she is a bigger girl already so I guess that at least visually she didn't look pregnant. Unrelated but kind of similar, I have a sister who got pregnant at 16 and while she knew, she kept it from everyone. She hid her bump with a corset!!
February 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Ouch a corset on a pregnant belly! Poor baby!

February 15th, 2013, 08:23 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I don't understand either... I mean, even if you are overweight enough to not notice your stomach growing, I still don't see how you can't feel the baby move.. haha
Maybe she has strong gas pains often?
I have watched the TV show of women not knowing they are pregnant, sometimes I can see why they assumed the wouldn't be. Likewhen a woman is told she would NEVER have a baby... so I guess she never really thought there could be a baby inside. haha I don't know... it is crazy though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search