Excitement/nervousness!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
As a first time mom, these past few days have been emotionally draining.
I'm nearing the end of this amazing pregnancy and all of a sudden I find myself short with time. I feel as if though I won't get ANYTHING done.
My school work isn't helping either.
Baby's dad gets on my nerves more with his constant nag for support.

And my family has been nothing but amazing. Giving me space and support but I feel overwhelmed.

Any body feel like a mini panic attack with their first child?
February 15th, 2013, 03:12 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
Not my first child, but panic attack for sure. I think this is common for moms in general, first time or not!
In fact I am having more issues with this now that I am expecting my 4th than I ever felt with my first.
(nervous about having 4 kids so close in age)
Everything will be okay, and what you are feeling is normal!
The truth is, there is nothing you can really do to prepare yourself completely for the first child, because you have never experienced it before!
But remember, it is an amazing beautiful wonderful time. Seeing your baby for the first time, dressing, feeding, snuggling them and seeing their first smiles and laughs. Try to focus on the positive and enjoy the time you have left kid-free!
Life will NEVER be the same after baby is born!

February 15th, 2013, 04:17 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nasha, it's normal to feel nervous as you approach the end. All the what-ifs and unknowns can be kinda scary. But you'll be just fine, you have lots of women around you who have done this before you and can support and help you care for your baby. Just take it one day at a time and try not to think too far into the future and get worried about things that haven't happened yet. You're doing great! You have the childbirth and parenting classes, nursing support lined up, and a great family.
Just need to kick baby daddy to the curb and get his annoying nagging out of your range of hearing!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 15th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha!!
Correct!!

I talked with my mom today about my feelings. Surprisingly she took it seriously. My mom is a free spirit and loves to joke around to make people smile. But I think she knew it would take more then a joke to get me to smile. After all that, I'm still nervous but I feel like with all the programs and people ill manage.

As for baby's dad, he had the nerve to ask me for money yesterday. Yea I turned my phone off and waited till later in the evening to turn it back on.

My parents said they will help me if he doesn't own up to the baby. That's enough support for me.
February 15th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad you are feeling better. I'm glad you have a great family for support .

I'm nervous and this is my 10th. I don't think it matters if it's number 1 or 10, it's still a change you and your family have to expect. I worry about how I'll take care of them all, the same thing I worried about with the last one .

I'll be okay. You'll do great. I am thinking of pulling out baby clothes and getting that sort of stuff set up, I'll be 30 weeks next week. Have you started any of that yet? It might help you feel more excited and prepared.

February 15th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No. I wish I could. But in my cultural its against things to buy baby items before the baby is born. Or to find out the gender.
They say the 9 months of pregnancy is best spent praying for a healthy child and easy labor. So because of this I am not planning anything ahead of time.
February 16th, 2013, 01:08 AM
That must be hard for you. I think it's sort of instinctual to want to prepare for a baby. I'm sure you will be fine, though, and you most likely have people giving you a lot of stuff and helping you take care of the baby.
You should just put your baby's daddy on your blocked list for your phone (if you have that capability). Either that or just don't pick up the phone when he calls! What a jerkface, asking you for money.

February 16th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea, I asked my mom if it would be okay to buy diapers now after seeing the prices. Just to began some sort of inventory but she said no, not to buy ANYTHING. So I am pretty much standing with my hands tied behind my back.

I can block him. Which I have done before. I just don't see how he thinks I'm an ATM. I have been kind enough till now where I feel like his simple demands are over the top. Who does he think he is?! Asking ME for money when he had issues with my lifestyle before I got pregnant! So does this mean he understands the idea of me working and going to school? That me going to work isn't useless?
I know he will never appreciate any of it.
February 16th, 2013, 09:50 AM
What issues did he have with your lifestyle? Was he upset that you were working? Oh my. He needs to grow up for sure.
If he wants money, he can go ask his mommy for some. Grrr.
Yeah I'd block him! I don't think he's going to be any kind of good influence for your life at any point. He just keeps proving how immature he is!

February 16th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He always said "I've never known someone like you"
We come from an area of teen pregnancy and all girls and boys do is go and make babies. They have kids in high school and some never finish.
Anyways I chose a different path. I went to school and became independent at a very early age. So I never needed to be taken care of. I had my freedom to go and hang with friends and go about with my car.
He didn't like that I had that much freedom when we met. I guess he felt like I would go and cheat. But I never made time for a guy. I made time with friends and family.
So his trust issues got the best of him.
What a kid!! I can't stand how he always has a comment about my lifestyle. I know I'm not a statistic. I never wanted to be.
February 16th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Sheesh. He shouldn't be dissing your lifestyle, he should be congratulating you on rising above the pitfalls of your peers.

February 16th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea but I can't be wishful with a guy like that. He can go about his life. I know my job right now. And I'm doing my best at this new part of my life.
I don't know why I feel bad half the time. I have a great life.
February 16th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Aw. Well you're being different than your peers, maybe you might feel a little a lonely sometimes? It can be hard standing out of the crowd.

February 16th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Some days I feel like I should have done more to explore. I had been in an amazing relationship right after high school. He literally kept me motivated for school and my job. So I felt like me not going out wasn't important. Plus my parents felt super proud of me. By the time my relationship ended I caught up with my best friends. One is in her last semester for her degree in education. The other is a marine in North Carolina and my other friend is out in Montana working as a supervisor studying endangered animals. I'm so proud of them all that none of us lived out our party years. And now I'm the first to go into parenthood.
February 16th, 2013, 08:31 PM
BriLandy's Avatar Veteran
I think you'll be just fine - this is your first and of course it's going to be tense at times.

This is my first also and I have anxiety/depression without being pregnant, so I definitely have had an increase in panic attacks and general anxiety. I'm just focusing on getting ready for my little ladybug.

Baby girl, due May 18th, 2013.

Bri

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search